Diablo® III

Stuck on Starter Edition when i bought game

I have played the starter edition and have upgraded my starter edition account and purchased a digital copy of the full game. I have not recieved a new CD key or anything to put in as i done a digital download. I have gone into my battle.net account and looked at my Diablo 3 game account and it says that it is active and the full game is installed. When i go into the actual game and go to my hero list it keeps coming up with upgrade to full version.

Anyone got any tips to help me resolve this would be greatly appreciated seeing as i have had a ticket going for 4 days now with no response.

Cheers in advance
Reply Quote
im having the same problem and my character has reached capacity, but the problem wasnt present in my other character
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
1. Log out of game completely
2. Change your password via Acct. Mgt to force a data refresh
3. Log back in
4. PROFIT!

The Blues are aware of the bug and are working on a real solution. In the mean time the work around..works.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
I've tried what you said and when I logged back into the game, the entire act restarted? I killed the skeleton king and for some reason I still had all my gear+money+Templar? And might i add that I purchased the game via digital download. Seriously really pissing me off... I payed good money for this game only for it to tell me I have not bought it.
Edited by darkv69#1312 on 6/19/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Changing password doesn't work...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
looking at other threads it sounds like this perma starter edition is an ongoing issue. official reply is that the digital purchase might take up to three days to activate.
Reply Quote
I just brought the game, never had starter edition.. just buyed it. And i got the same problem.
Reply Quote
got same problem
Reply Quote
STILL BROKEN
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Same thing happened to me yesterday, however this morning I logged on to find my account banned. Have no choice but to submit a ticket, this is absolutely unacceptable.
Reply Quote
Having the same perma starter edition problem. This is a really big disappointment.
Reply Quote
It's settled by changing password.
Edited by yeeck#6640 on 6/24/2012 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i am having the same issues i brought the game a few hours ago
Reply Quote
same problem
Reply Quote
Same here no excuse for this bs. Im done with blizzard after this. I dont even want the game anymore just my money back. its one thing that the game is broken its another thing when i cant even get support.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
OK, just bought the game for a 2nd time, after being told that it was my credit card company rejecting the transaction from Blizzard (which its not, considering I pay for my WoW account using the same card); I try to log on and my account is BANNED. This is absolutely ridiculous, $120 in the hole, with nothing to show for it. If this is not fixed ASAP, a class action lawsuit may be in order.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Urnhardt
OK, just bought the game for a 2nd time, after being told that it was my credit card company rejecting the transaction from Blizzard (which its not, considering I pay for my WoW account using the same card); I try to log on and my account is BANNED. This is absolutely ridiculous, $120 in the hole, with nothing to show for it. If this is not fixed ASAP, a class action lawsuit may be in order.

why would you buy the game twice...?
Edited by Acheron#1195 on 6/20/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
because the Blizzard rep told me that the purchase did not go through, which was the reason for me being unable to access any quests pasts the Skeleton King. You are only able to buy one digital license for yourself apparently, since I didn't have the option of buying the game a second time until this morning, when my account reverted to a Starter Edition from Standard Edition.

I am not worried about spending another $60, considering I will be reimbursed by either Blizzard or my CC company due to this problem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
this is total bull!@#$, i paid for this game and I got the same thing I could get for free...and you can't call or get a support ticket reply......what the hell kind of crap is this? I was just starting to like this game when I was told to upgrade....

WOW.... after this I may just quit blizzard all together and find something else to play.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to get a refund?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]