Diablo® III

Guys using enchantress, how'd you gear her?

As far as getting the most DPS out of her did you just focus on Intellect or anything else?
Reply Quote
Does gear even matter for followers? They're next to worthless anyway.
Reply Quote
When you start getting into hell and inferno, I've found them completely worthless no matter what they have on. At least the templar can take a couple of hits, but it's futile overall. However if you're intent on gearing the enchantress up, just follow the same convention as any other spellcasting class. give her a good weapon with some intel on it etc etc.
Reply Quote
Throwing stuff to her with % Chill/Bind/Fear on hit.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 02:33 AMPosted by Diablerie
When you start getting into hell and inferno, I've found them completely worthless no matter what they have on. At least the templar can take a couple of hits, but it's futile overall. However if you're intent on gearing the enchantress up, just follow the same convention as any other spellcasting class. give her a good weapon with some intel on it etc etc.
No idea what you're talking about - I solo'ed belial in inferno last night, was using a templar but I was thinking the enchantress' dps/cc would be very helpful for that fight.
Reply Quote
More Magic Find less anything else. Only way to build a follower
Reply Quote
Anyone in inferno should know how hard everything hits. Companions will pretty much get blown up fast no matter what.

That said they are still useful. They will usually get their abilities off before they die (templar stun, hex ext.)
Reply Quote
not to mention even if they die right away, thats 1-2 hits not coming at you
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Kimosami
More Magic Find less anything else. Only way to build a follower

Psh. Also Gold find, or if you're leveling, +exp per kill.
Reply Quote
Not sure why so much hate on followers. Temp is not bad, it occasionally clogs up hallways for me, stuns mobs and heals me on dmg reflect mobs. It's not huge, I could manage w/o it, but it does help. (on act3 inferno).
Reply Quote
I'm been using enchantress and I'm into Act 3. She dies very rarely and is extremely useful.
All you have to do is max her out on int/vit and she ends up with 60k+ hp and 6k damage. This isn't much but it adds up when you are min/maxing.

People who hate on followers or say they are worthless have a very small scope of the game.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Cobrakai
Not sure why so much hate on followers. Temp is not bad, it occasionally clogs up hallways for me, stuns mobs and heals me on dmg reflect mobs. It's not huge, I could manage w/o it, but it does help. (on act3 inferno).

I'm with CobraKai on this one. I love my Templar. He stuns Blue/Yellow/Purple mobs then croaks. But I GOT A STUN out of it! And 4 Nether Tentacles, which is another 8 hits. How do you say no to this?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
You dont really take a follower for their damage, each has a passive buff thats useful to you...plus they can soak damage.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue
Followers get a 2.5x bonus from any of their primary stat on gear.

So if your enchantress has 300 total int from items, it scales as if they have 750 from items. If you need her to DPS, use int. For the weapon the main consideration is the DPS it deals just like a player character.

I have noticed she does more damage than scoundrel or especially templar ever have. Not sure if that's intended or not. seems to be more even if her character sheet dps is lower than scoundrel's.

Side note, how does follower MF interact with mine? Is theirs simply added to my total?
Edited by Haberdasher#1491 on 5/31/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Side note, how does follower MF interact with mine? Is theirs simply added to my total?

I *believe* its 20%. So for every 5MF you put on your follower, you actually get 1MF.
Edited by Cobrakai#1159 on 5/31/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wrong board. DHs don't use followers.

The only useful thing to do with them is to pack on as much MF as possible and hope they don't get you killed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]