Diablo® III

Gorging the forge (Achievement)

71 Worgen Druid
I am currently trying to complete the achievement "Gorging the forge" and I am looking for some information.

I need to craft things with "Chance to block" and "critical hit damage".
I am assuming the chance to block can only appear on a shield, but is there a level restriction, or a certain type I should be creating to try to get this?
I'm not sure what to craft for the critical hit damage, does it appear on weapons?

Is there any sort of affix guide out there for blacksmith crafting?
Reply Quote
I have been looking into this also since I only need critical hit damage.

I used D3DB.com to see what affixes can appear on things, I'm guessing it is very accurate since the site pulls data directly from the game.

There doesn't seem to be a level restriction based on D3DB.com.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Death Knight
I got my critical hit damage from a weapon, 1h mace iirc.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Sword
I got my critical hit damage from a weapon, 1h mace iirc.

The question is though, what level was it?

Also, from looking at the AH and the affix search engine, it looks like critical hit damage can only roll on certain pieces of armor (in addition to weapons of course).

I'm not sure if that means they can't be crafted with it just because they don't normally drop with it, but I would assume that is the case.

With that said, I would stick to WEAPONS and GLOVES. The gloves with crit damage were a minimum of lvl 27 I believe, I haven't seen that affix on lower level gloves. The weapons went as low as lvl 11, so that means it can roll on pretty much any weapon, although certain affixes have a higher chance of rolling on higher level items, so choose a nice middle weapon to farm-craft.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Druid
Just an update, the lowest shield, Apprentice Heater shield got me the chance to block.

After searching the AH for increased crit damage I found similar to Glowryn, it appears on weapons, rings, amulet and gloves (the same as most IAS). Gloves starting from nightmare, I got the update making Grand Master Etched Gloves.
Reply Quote
Just an update, the lowest shield, Apprentice Heater shield got me the chance to block.

After searching the AH for increased crit damage I found similar to Glowryn, it appears on weapons, rings, amulet and gloves (the same as most IAS). Gloves starting from nightmare, I got the update making Grand Master Etched Gloves.

Excellent!

I actually just got my Gorging the Forge a few minutes ago myself. After seeing your post about the Grand Master Etched Gloves, along with our combined confirmation of the affix on gloves of a certain level only, I felt confident in blowing about 50k on trying to make a bunch.

Thing is, I didn't have the lower level mats to make those specific lvl 37 gloves, but I had enough to make 10x Magnificent Boneweave Gauntlets which are lvl 51 (and cost a bit more to make gold-wise). Well, it only took those 10 to get the +critical damage affix (got it on my last one!).

Thanks for the post, it helped get me on the right track for this achievement (and I DO love my achievements).
Reply Quote
Funny thing, got my critical hit chance on 10th Magnificent Boneweave Gauntlets as well =) thanx for info
Reply Quote
What item gives Regenerate Life? I just have that one and Critical Hit Damage left for my achivement.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Thanks so much for the info about the Grand Master Etched Gloves - took me just 4 to get my crit damage tick and the achieve! <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got crit damage stat on the very first lowest level fist weapon I made
Reply Quote
I only need crit damage and chance to block but when I crafted items with that stat on it, it didn't give me credit.
Reply Quote
Confirmed today, 6/15 -- I crafted Chance to Block on the lowest level shield, Apprentice Heater Shield, and the Critical Hit Damage on the highest normal-mode 1hand axe, Master Soldier Axe.

So both can appear on crafted items using only Subtle Essence.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Took me 13 pairs of the gauntlets but got mine as well. Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

This definitely works. Finally had a stroke of luck got the achievement on the first pair of these I made.
Reply Quote
Does the chance to block need to appear as a magical properties (blue font) or appearing in white font will do. If it is in white font, then any shield will do right..

I crafted like 6 shields, all with chance to block (white font) yet no achivement

Thanks
Reply Quote
Needs to be in blue.
I just kept on crafting Apprentice heater shield, and suddenly I got the achievement.
The shield was +1% chance to block in BLUE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]