Diablo® III

Why can't the blacksmith repair gear?

View profile
I'd really like to know the reasoning behind the design choice of having a blacksmith who can't repair gear. The closest thing to the act town warp is the blacksmith. He can repair the mystical crown of the freaking skeleton king but not my crappy two handed ax of nothingness? I have to warp and run past the blacksmith to "Joe Bob the traveling fence" halfway across town to repair my gear, all while reading of my inferno teammates' slaughter in my chat window. Who's idea was this honestly?

It's a needless hassle. They did this on purpose obviously because it makes no sense. I'd like to know the reason why.
Edited by the5rites#1313 on 6/1/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I worked my hands to the bone to bring you these fine goods.
Reply Quote
This would be nice. I would also like to be able to repair items in the stash (for convenience sake).
Reply Quote
bc the bs repairing gear would make too much sense

the guy that makes gear repairing it as well? nonsense... obviously the people who have nothing to do with making gear, and most likely have no knowledge on how gear is made or the mats to repair them should be the ones repairing our gear
Reply Quote
+1. I can't count the number of times I have clicked on him for repair and been like, "Doh!"

Also, I don't like the way you can't sell items to vendors while on the repair tab. Not terrible, but frustrating.
Reply Quote
Back in beta the BS did repair gear, IIRC. They changed it to force people to use the vendors. They said that during playtesting with focus groups they learned that people didn't realize that vendors actually existed. This was also back before the large icons on the minimap as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
+1. I can't count the number of times I have clicked on him for repair and been like, "Doh!"

Also, I don't like the way you can't sell items to vendors while on the repair tab. Not terrible, but frustrating.

Agreed. Gets me alot too.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Crackdown
I worked my hands to the bone to bring you these fine goods.

That guy is a liar, he clearly still has hands.
Reply Quote
+1
I like the idea, and think it'd work great as a reward for getting your BS maxed out. Repairs are a end game gold sink, blacksmith training is a mid game gold sink. Why not reward us by giving us a less expensive repair, at maybe lvl 10 training?
Reply Quote

^ this. i keep going to the blacksmith time after time. Then going oh yea.. Gota go to a vendor for that.

Also clicking on things in the repair menu trying to sell them. What do you mean I cant do that?.. Oh wait.. wrong tab..

I say move the repair to the blacksmith and remove it from vendors. It just makes sense.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just don't understand why they'd rather have us go to merchants for repairs than the blacksmith. They did this on purpose obviously. I'd like to know the reason why.
Reply Quote
+1

Seriously.
Reply Quote
Completely agree, one less problem when being frustrated by a hard pack would be nice.
Reply Quote
View profile
Bump.
Reply Quote
Because he is a blacksmith.

Wait a second...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]