Diablo® III

Self Sufficient Achievement bug

Defeating Diablo in Nightmare difficulty without using any wells or healing globes not working.
Tried to do so even without healing with regular potions and nothing.
Edited by giantsmall#2395 on 6/3/2012 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it works fine you got one that you didn't notice... I have this achieve.
Reply Quote
Don't use skills that give you health ( as soon as i switched my elemental arrow with neather tentacles it worked ) and also try to stay away from diablo, clones and his shadow form because they spawn health globes. It goes without saying using a ranged class for this is by far the easiest choice.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this, could not for the life of me figure out why I wasn't getting the achievement. They should really update the achievement info or something.
Reply Quote
Also, keep in mind any Life Regen will also prevent you from getting this achievement.. Such as the passive mage armor life regen, and even battle shout's life regen. Life per hit disables it, and if you use a life on kill weapon keep in mind the shadow clones will proc it and disable your achievement.
Edited by Techno#1425 on 6/9/2012 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Something is definitely broken. I'm an A4 Inferno geared character that just did him twice again on NM for good measure and didn't get the achieve either time. I put my potions in the bank, never clicked healing wells, and was far away from him or the clones whenever health globes were dropped, and 100% did not receive health from them. I also checked my detailed stats to make sure I had 0 life regen, 0 life per hit, 0 life per kill, and 0% life steal with the gear I used. I also had no skills that give healing in any fashion.

*edit: After a ton of tries like this I finally got it. I'm fairly confident I never received any healing in any of the attempts, and I have no idea what was different on the kill that I got it. I'm not really sure. With my gear I blow him up so fast that it's not very difficult to do on NM, and it's pretty obvious to see when you don't hit health globes. I still think this is buggy, but obviously it's possible somehow. Just keep trying like I did if you absolutely have to have it now. :P
Edited by ItZMuRdA#1778 on 6/11/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 10:59 AMPosted by ItZMuRdA
Something is definitely broken. I'm an A4 Inferno geared character that just did him twice again on NM for good measure and didn't get the achieve either time. I put my potions in the bank, never clicked healing wells, and was far away from him or the clones whenever health globes were dropped, and 100% did not receive health from them. I also checked my detailed stats to make sure I had 0 life regen, 0 life per hit, 0 life per kill, and 0% life steal with the gear I used. I also had no skills that give healing in any fashion.

If you are melee you probably hit a globe without noticing. Use ranged attacks if possible. Don't use abilities that heal you. This one took me a few tries because globes kept spawning at my feet.
Reply Quote

If you are melee you probably hit a globe without noticing. Use ranged attacks if possible. Don't use abilities that heal you. This one took me a few tries because globes kept spawning at my feet.

I appreciate the advice but I wasn't using any gear or abilities that healed me. I finally got it after multiple tries but I'm fairly certain I didn't receive any healing on any attempt. It was rather obvious and I do a ton of DPS so he dies really quick. Owell, might be slightly bugged somehow.
Edited by ItZMuRdA#1778 on 6/11/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 11:09 AMPosted by ItZMuRdA
might be slightly bugged somehow.

If you got it, it's not bugged.
Reply Quote
might be slightly bugged somehow.

If you got it, it's not bugged.

Hence the word slightly. As in sometimes it just does not give proper credit. You can't draw a conclusion so simply that it is 100% working as intended. When I do enough ranged DPS to transition him out of phases in a matter of seconds, and am clearly not using anything else that heals me, it's pretty hard to convince me that all those times it didn't give credit was me somehow hitting a health globe that I know I did not hit. And yes, I had 0 bonus to health globe radius also. I saw plenty of them on the ground. I also carefully watched my health and my healing combat text. If I tried it only once, I could fathom that maybe I missed one, but I really doubt it with this many attempts.

Anyway, it's a moot point to argue about it. I think that this achievement has some issues with granting proper credit, but obviously it is still obtainable if you do it enough times. I may be wrong, you may be wrong. Just trying to help out others who are attempting it, as are you. Let's leave it at that.
Edited by ItZMuRdA#1778 on 6/11/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This took me a few tries aswell. Im on a barbarian and I mostly hit em with Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear. In the end I dropped my on-hit heal weapon and got some random blue with no healing effects and dropped my belt which increased gold and health pickup distance. This seemed to work and not let me pick up health globes on accident.

Goodluck.
Reply Quote
Had to drop my life regen belt and my on-hit healing amulet and I got it. (finally)
Reply Quote
Yep, dropped my regen gear and it worked.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I had some regen on my gear and still got the achievement? I just had to try a couple of times, since it's very hard not to get a health globe.
Reply Quote
I got it, but yes, the description is wrong. I could not get it simply by avoiding the orbs and lifewells. There are other effects which deny you credit, though I'm not sure exactly which ones they are.

I got annoyed and simply unequipped all of my gear with life on kill, life steal, life on hit, regen. I had already removed pickup radius stuff for previous attempts.

I did not use any ability which healed in any way whatsoever. So no Prep: Battle Scars, and no Nether Tentacles. It's probably best to avoid passives which provide regen as well.

Got it in one attempt after ditching all that.

Once you've got all of that stuff gone from your gear/build, it's a question of not hitting the health globes dropped in Phase 2, which is easy if you're ranged. Poor melee. =(
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 6/11/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe that this quest is working 100%. But you must make sure you aren't gaining health from ANYTHING. This includes potions, globes, wells, skills, or any regen on armor.

Did it a number of times without getting globes or wells or using skills that healed, but i didn't notice i was wearing boots with regen. Took these off and got it first try. Good luck to those still attempting this.

Note: It is fairly easy for melee too. Move away from clones immediately on kill and away from Diablo/Shadow of Diablo every few hits as they drop globes after a certain amount of damage i believe.
Edited by Punho#1183 on 6/13/2012 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just to hopefully make everything clear for this achievement, you CAN have life regen on your gear. I have 749 passive life regen as well as 105 life on kill, and was able to get it no problem. the things that DON'T work as far as i can tell are healing abilities. I had to not use my heal (I'm monk) and took off transcendence (life gained per spirit spent). other than abilities, it seems that everything is fair game.
Reply Quote
Taking off all your +radius gear helps a lot, too. Those health globes become a little harder to accidentally pick up when you've got 0 radius extension.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I just did a kill today on my demon hunter twice now, on my first kill, I had life steal, life per kill, life regen, life on hit, so that's all 4. PLUS I had shadow power, those of you who dont know, which is a skill that gives me 20% damage done gained as hp. Also in addition to this, I used potions. I did not get the achievement done on this attempt.

However on my next attempt i dropped all items with life steal, life per kill, and my shadow power ability, and this time I got it. Yes, this means I still had life per hit, life regen, and my potions. It seems those 3 are the only healing allowed for this.

I wish I could've taken a screenshot of this, but you'll just gonna have to take my word on this. good luck!

TLDR - remove Life steal, life per kill, and any healing abilities you may have. Try watching out for those along with the health globes n wells.
Reply Quote
You can have regen. You can even have LoH/steal
You guys are just picking up globes and not seeing them, its very hard to do with melee still tricky with ranged.
Do it right you will get the achievement. Good talk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]