Diablo® III

about to gear for inferno

im about to get some gear to start inferno but i need some tips.

should i just stack dexterity/crit hit damage/attack speed?

are vitality and resistances worth it or do you just get 1 shotted no matter what?

i also dont have tons of money to spend.
Reply Quote
u nailed it... resist is wasted, as is a socket on the helm...
Reply Quote
You just get 1-shotted no matter what. Lets think for a bit:

Stacking only health will not work due to insanely high base damages of mobs in inferno, which is also why stacking only resists won't work either. Thus, you must stack every type of resist and health in order to be a bit more "tanky". So you need gear with dex, resist all, and vitality, not to mention max discipline, crit damage, and attack speed on possible pieces. Such gear would be unreasonably expensive for anyone who doesn't have millions of sheeples farming for you.

That and the fact that we have a spammable 1.5 second invulnerability skill to get us out of any sticky situation, thus rendering most defensive stats useless.

So... just stack damage for whatever build your using.

Edit: typo
Edited by t6skyart#1138 on 6/3/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You should stack some health. With around 40-45k (with vitality on all armor, weapon, and an amethyst in the helmet) you'll only get 2 or even 3-shotted which gives you some time to react to things.

Going pure glass cannon is okay, but you'll have many more instant-deaths if you have only 20-30k health. You can still have good damage with +vit gear.
Reply Quote
You should stack some health. With around 40-45k (with vitality on all armor, weapon, and an amethyst in the helmet) you'll only get 2 or even 3-shotted which gives you some time to react to things.

Going pure glass cannon is okay, but you'll have many more instant-deaths if you have only 20-30k health. You can still have good damage with +vit gear.

If you can afford the +vit and +resist all gear on top of damage boosting gear, then go for it. But I think DH should always prioritize damage over tankiness.
Reply Quote

If you can afford the +vit and +resist all gear on top of damage boosting gear, then go for it. But I think DH should always prioritize damage over tankiness.

+1

Start glass cannon, then move towards more expensive vit and resist gear if you choose to do so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]