Diablo® III

Finding good items?

The fun in diablo 2 for me was finding interesting items, like set items and legendary.

I collected most sets in d2 even if they werent that good, they were fun.

I have played around 70 hours in diablo 3 and havent found a set or legendary item. I only have a lvl 60 Wizard(:)), wich is not yet capable of beating inferno act1. So i have to gold farm my way in to better items. Playing act 1 and 3 on hell for items, wow 3 yellows drop every time i beat a boss, or 1 if i beat a elite pack. Number of runs at least 25 now. Upgrade's for my gear 0,0. :(

Blizzard, am i doing something wrong or is this how its supposed to be?

(started this post cause i havent seen a good anwser from blizzard yet.)
Edited by VitamineC#1318 on 6/4/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There are no sorcs on Diablo 3. Probably helps if your character exists.
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 03:35 AMPosted by Virile

Would probably help even more if people like you would try to be helpful instead of being a douche.
Reply Quote
The game is all about farming for gear. Sounds like you are on the right track with farming. Stick to act 3 hell until you can kite well enough is inferno. Since you have a wizard you should be able to kite pretty well already but if you aren't comfortable just stick to hell for a while. I found the best way to gear up is to not expect good drops from your own games. Buy from the AH and buy cheap upgrades first so you can farm act 1 inferno. I farm warden/butcher with 5 stacks of NV. Always make sure you have 5 stack of NV up before you kill bosses else you are just wasting your time. Sorry if this is repetitive somewhat, its till early for me :).
Reply Quote
Yeay ill stay in hell for the moment, wish there were some nice drops now and then.
At least i get 1200 money drops sometimes,
Reply Quote
You need to make a Farmer. Get a chr. to lv 60, then cram as much "Better Chance of Finding Magical Items" Magic Properties on him\her as you can. Then farm away. All finds are at random. From a boss down to the dead body allllll the way in the corner of a room. Works great. Good luck!
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Wirts3rdLeg

Would probably help even more if people like you would try to be helpful instead of being a douche.

+10000
Reply Quote
268 hours logged. 2 set/legendary drops. 1 in the beginning (lvl 35ish), 1 mage head piece (which was surprisingly good)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-horadric-crest
my 1 prop was +4% (max for this ilvl?) critchance
Reply Quote
the amount of 'grind' you need to do on this game is retarded. Drop rates for something decent are so low AND stuff on the AH hardly sells even if the price is really cheap
Reply Quote
Yeah I just posted a thread saying almost exactly this. I have logged about 100 hours, and Ive been farming act 1 inferno for a couple weeks. I have found 1 legendary in nm, which sucked. Yes we know the game is about farming and drops are random.... but, this just seems ridiuclous. It's not fun if there is never any reward. I find a million rares, yes, but as far as my experience of the game goes, legendaries and sets dont exist. Like you said, in D2 it was fun even finding a bad set item. I don't even get to complain about how terrible legendaries are, because I cant find any!!!!
Reply Quote
I don't care that much if I can buy legendaries from the auction house. Most aren't that good. I want to be able to find them myself. That is what I think is fun. Current system is.... not so much.
Reply Quote
yea i agree this is rediculous ive grinded and grinded like 110 hrs in and not one legendary and have not found an upgrade in gear since like act 4 hell, now i just wana quit been on inferno forever and cant find anything to boost me up enough to advance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]