Diablo® III

Inferno Build - Massive Damage NO kiting

For a while I thought I was stuck using one type of build, Blizzard/vHydra. I hate the idea of kiting with hydra, it is slow and boring and I dont really feel like I am playing. I decided to just nut up or shut up and try something new for me.

I dont have the greatest gear but I do have about 20k DPS and 30k HP but this build allows me to just push down regular mobs before they get to me and take on blues/yellows with relative ease and very few deaths. Of course there are the occasional pack that just suck for ranged and I kite them off screen and keep it moving.

This is my current inferno build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bcdPQO!YdX!bcaZZY

I have to say, the level of play of this build is more on the advanced side, you have to be extremely reactive and aware of cool downs as well as when cool downs are reset(Illusionist). With Mirror Image(duplicates) and Teleport(worm hole), the Illusionist proc gives you back all of your tools when hit by almost any blue/yellow in inferno.

I find myself sticking and moving very often and when I get stuck from a Jailer/Waller or get mashed from behind by a Fast mob, I start spamming my teleport because I know as soon as I get hit the cooldown will be there and it's back to killing. Things just drop so fast with this build for me.

Just figured I'd share this with everyone that hates blizz kiting as much as I do.
Reply Quote
ah my favorite thing about wizard nowadays...

"hit me! hit me! yesssssss teleport"
Reply Quote
Yea unfortunately there is always a gimmick with our class it seems. Kite and let AI play for me (hydra) or burn cool downs to survive and do damage, then wait for AI to reset them for me (Illusionist). Id rather the ladder though, at least I have to PLAY. =-/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]