Diablo® III

Question about Cold Blooded

I've been trying to work on a cold build for group play, and while I don't want to get into details on it yet, I do have a question about the mechanics of the Cold Blooded Passive Skill.

Tooltip states: "Cold damage dealt to chilled and frozen targets is increased by 20%."

Since there aren't really any cold damage sources for signature skills, would the damage bonus from Cold Blooded apply to +Cold Damage on weapons?

My guess is yes, just from direct interpretation of the tooltip. Can anyone confirm before I go spend the gold on a big cold damage weap?
Reply Quote
My understanding from other posts I've seen (not tested):

It would affect cold damage from your weapon BUT keep in mind that a skill (like Magic Missile) converts all the weapon damage to Arcane. I believe you'll only get the actual cold damage from the weapon on specific abilities that deal unmodified "weapon" damage. For us, I believe that's only "Spectral Blades"
Reply Quote
That's a little depressing honestly.

I mean, really, whats the point of having "+Dmg Type" affixes if our skills convert all the damage to another type anyway.

Edit: I know, other classes might use them. Still depressing though, if that is the way it works.
Edited by EvilMunky#2987 on 6/4/2012 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i use cold blooded

i use blizzard venom hydra and for my left click im using ray of frost with reduced cost rune

i have enough arcane regen that i literally dont run out of AP because i use a slow 2 handed high dps weapon

its pretty baller =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]