Diablo® III

Crit Changes in Patch v.1.0.2.9950

Lylirra's notes on the patch say
Fixed a bug that was allowing certain barbarian skills to continuously trigger each other's critical strikes, to the point of causing the player to crash. To address this crash, the following skill and skill rune combinations can no longer be triggered by each other's critical strikes:
Battle Rage (Skill Rune – Bloodshed)
Cleave (Skill Rune – Rupture and Skill Rune – Scattering Blast)
Hammer of the Ancients (Skill Rune – Thunder Strike)
Wrath of the Berserker (Skill Rune – Slaughter)

I just started Hell and in late NM i've been using slight variations of this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYVSi!aZb!bYZabY

I like the way I can use battle rage and cleave to keep my fury high and deal much more damage with my high attack speed, long-lasting, mobile whirlwhind.

Can someone help explain what was happening between Battle Rage and Cleave that was causing critical chance crashes?

Does this greatly diminish my build's possibilities for success in late Hell?
Reply Quote
Nothing changed for you. You aren't using Bloodshed with Battle Rage.
Reply Quote
Basically, what happened was:

You'd crit with something, proc Bloodshed explosion.

Crit with that explosion, which then cause more crit-related stuffs to proc and chain proc.

But then your game would crash.
Reply Quote
RoflCat
Basically, what happened was:

You'd crit with something, proc Bloodshed explosion.

Crit with that explosion, which then cause more crit-related stuffs to proc and chain proc.

But then your game would crash.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up, I get it now.

06/06/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Deadgye
Nothing changed for you. You aren't using Bloodshed with Battle Rage.

But I was using both those skills and still experimenting with different runes. So, it was fairly pertinent.

There seems to be more discusion of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5568805545
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]