Diablo® III

made a 60 DH, going back to my 60 Barb now

finally after this patch i can play the class that i want to play. i was going to farm stuff with my DH for my barb but thats not the case anymore. that was sad if it came to that however
Reply Quote
yep i was in the same situation was farming with my wizard for my barb... now i can enjoy my barb.... THANKS BLIZZ
Reply Quote
well it's not THIS patch. This patch is 1.0.2b not 1.0.3, still have to wait a little while :P
Reply Quote
Seeing as how the DH is not going to be nerfed, how do you think that barbs, even with the changes, can still stack up against a DH in terms of effectiveness in Inferno?

I'm not naysaying, or picking a fight, but just interested to hear more conversation surrounding Inferno barbs in a positive tone :)
Edited by Athena#1687 on 6/6/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Athena,

What kind of barbs have you been playing with? I carry my group through inferno with relative ease, and I'm not using the cookie cutter defensive trash everyone here promotes on the forums.

And before you say it, we are in act 3.
Reply Quote
Athena,

What kind of barbs have you been playing with? I carry my group through inferno with relative ease, and I'm not using the cookie cutter defensive trash everyone here promotes on the forums.

So... your a sprint barb? or throw...?
Reply Quote
I don't want to play a throw barb. Just putting that out there. The barbs I've seen and heard about on these forums are all complaining about lack of survival. I stopped my 2h barb at hell, rolled a wiz and have been farming thus far. If you think that barbs are viable, or just as viable in Inferno as other classes, I'd be interested to hear your experiences. So far, most concerns seem to center around elite mobs in Inferno 3 shotting barbs and similar circumstances.

Can barbs solo Inferno? I don't know. Having them hang around in a group may be more survivable, but it seems that they are easily replaced at this point by a DH or Wiz.
Reply Quote
Athena,

So... your a sprint barb? or throw...?

probably one of those noobs that relies on 2min cd's to kill 1 out of 3 elites and claims he can easily clear the content.
Reply Quote
Athena,

Point is you need GREAT gear as a barb to clear act 3/4 inferno - you need just average gear as a DH to clear the same acts. Argue otherwise...
Reply Quote
Athena,

Point is you need GREAT gear as a barb to clear act 3/4 inferno - you need just average gear as a DH to clear the same acts. Argue otherwise...

Not saying you are wrong, but check out the thread "almost ready to give up." Dude spent like 10 million on gear and still has trouble to the point where he cannot progress. In terms of effectiveness, does it not seem that there is no real alternative to a DH or wiz?

I'm not arguing, just wondering about the different experiences on the forums here. Personally, I love my barb. But most of the conversations I have had about Inferno barbs have been with a tone of frustration and regret. I don't want to go that route. It would seem that a barb is a class that requires top end gear given to her/him before they are even playable.
Reply Quote
Seeing as how the DH is not going to be nerfed, how do you think that barbs, even with the changes, can still stack up against a DH in terms of effectiveness in Inferno?

I'm not naysaying, or picking a fight, but just interested to hear more conversation surrounding Inferno barbs in a positive tone :)

IDK about DH v. barb from a power gamer min/max standpoint, but if I can yell and stuff and hit it with my axe and it dies before I do, I'll be happy.

PS I've been leveling a DH and they are much more fun. So IDK if I will go back at all.
Edited by Xynn#1231 on 6/6/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I leveled a DH to 60 for the exact same purpose, aside from being able to kill goblins because I don't have to chase them everywhere and kiting Siegebreaker around I don't think DH are very good at all. They get 1 shot by absolutely everything in the game they can't dodge or hit Smokescreen for in time (might just be that I am absolute garbage though, oh well.)

In conclusion: DH is just a short term fix to speeding up the gold-farming process, within a week I have been able to get enough upgrades to hopefully start attempting A3 Inferno (my stats are already pretty close looking at some other posts)
Reply Quote
where do you get that DH are getting nerfed? based off their comments on re-tuning how attack speed scales?
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Vdub
where do you get that DH are getting nerfed? based off their comments on re-tuning how attack speed scales?

No one said DH's are getting nerfed.
Reply Quote
All they said was per usual classes will be receiving a tuning. No official word but, that could mean a buff or nerf for a class (read towards the bottom where it says buff this nerf that). To the OP I started diablo 3 as a DH. Got up to 41 and said this isn't for me. I sat and spammed EA with light ball, SS'd, dropped caltrops and never got touched. I wanted a challenge, something where I had to pay attention. Not saying DH is easy, just barb fits my playstyle better for what I wanted out of this game. Go barbs go!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]