Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

Community Manager
In preparation for the upcoming launch of the real-money auction house, we will be making some key changes related to the account-security measures required to use Battle.net Balance. Later today, the following updates will be made to the Terms of Use available on our website, and when the real-money auction house goes live, all players will be asked to re-read and accept these changes the next time they play Diablo III.

Battle.net Balance and Authenticator Update
With the introduction of the real-money auction house, account security will become more important than ever. To help ensure that players have a positive experience when using the real-money auction house, we’ve made some adjustments to how players can use and access their Battle.net Balance.

Starting today, in order to add to your Battle.net Balance, players will be required to have a Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator attached to their Battle.net account. For clarity, this means you’ll need to have an Authenticator to add to your balance via Battle.net Account Management or to send the proceeds of your real-money auction house sales to your Battle.net Balance.

Please note that players who previously added Battle.net Balance to their account prior to this change will be able to use it to make eligible purchases on Battle.net and in the auction house without attaching an Authenticator. However, an Authenticator will be required to add to your balance in the future, as explained above.

While we understand that this creates an extra step for players during the login process, we believe this added layer of account protection will help foster a safer auction house environment for all of our players.

You can learn more about the Battle.net Authenticator, Battle.net Mobile Authenticator, and other account security information by clicking here.
Edited by Lylirra on 6/8/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Nice
Good thing I just bought one last week.
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!
Is there a place we can buy an authenticator in person? Not really into buying in an e-shop at the moment without the added security.
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to give 15% commission to blizzard on sales.

Interesting.
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to give 15% commission to blizzard on sales.

Interesting.

Exactly why they should give the authenticators for free. They'll be taking some money from RMAH anyways, might as well take a small loss on authenticators and get more people using it.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Android and iPhone are free.

Assuming you have a smartphone.
Edited by Ullikumi#1856 on 6/8/2012 10:21 AM PDT
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra

They do. It's called the smart phone app.

Also, don't !@#$% about the physical authenticator price. Blizzard sells them at cost. Which is roughly half the price the manufacturer sells them for.

They basically are.
I thought it was free. The mobile one was for me.
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Synvul
Is there a place we can buy an authenticator in person? Not really into buying in an e-shop at the moment without the added security.

No, but you could get someone to buy it for you or if you have an iphone/android they have free authenticator apps.
I have a blackberry AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't really care I probably wont use the RMAH anyway I just think its a bit cheeky. If Blizzard were so bothered about security then surely authenticators would be free, especially seeing that now certain game features aren't available to use without one.

Actually it may have been a bit of a buzz trying to sell items. No way would I waste my money buying them though.
Edited by Aldo#2622 on 6/8/2012 10:24 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
Authenticators are free in all forms people. The only thing you have to pay for with the physical version is the cost of shipping. Blizzard makes no profit from it. It has always been this way.
Authenticators are free, you are only paying shipping.

Aldo
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to make 85% profit on sales.

Interesting.

I fixed your statement
90 Tauren Druid

Um. honestly? they are. you basically just pay for shipping dude.
I have a blackberry AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't really care I probably wont use the RMAH anyway I just think its a bit cheeky. If Blizzard were so bothered about security then surely authenticators would be free, especially seeing that now certain game features aren't available to use.

They don't want YOUR hacked account due to YOUR lack of security contributing to the economy negatively. Sorry.

Neither do I.
Edited by Kaelys#1787 on 6/8/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Thanks. Who said I was hacked? I use seperate email and pw for battlenet and I haven't had a problem. So I don't really understand what YOU mean.

It is very interesting to see however how many WoW Beta and Diablo related emails I still get sent to the old email I used to have attached to Battlenet :(

I wonder what would happen if I clicked to open one..
Edited by Aldo#2622 on 6/8/2012 10:29 AM PDT
authenticators is free, isnt it??
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]