Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

Main Entry: Entitlement Generation

Part of Speech: N

Definition: The group born between 1979 and 1995 who believe they are owed certain rights and benefits without further justification.

Example: The entitlement generation expects higher salaries, flexible work hours, and ample time off. (EDIT) And free ways to make money on a game!

You got your generations wrong there. You mixed Y and Z together. X is no future, 60-75. Y is F everything (the grunge generation), 75-90. Z is the entitled little emperor you talk about, 90+.

Thanks for the info. But no. Generation Entitlement is a slang term that encompasses multiple generations. Z is basically the internet generation and make up a portion of this studied Entitlement Generation.

Exactly why they should give the authenticators for free. They'll be taking some money from RMAH anyways, might as well take a small loss on authenticators and get more people using it.

They should give them for free because they constantly fail to make their games secure.

Their game is perfectly secure the last time I check. Their game and your PC are not the same thing.
You only need an authenticator to cash out, and to add balance. But you can buy things on battle.net with money you make off the RMAH can you not? So one could, sell some items on the RMAH, or some gold. Use that Money to buy an authenticator, and then cash out the rest with paypal?
I don't see that being a large problem
This is BS Blizzard! We shouldn't have to purchase something from your company to access the RMAH! (which you make a profit from. And yes, y'all have said you don't, but I know a couple guys who work with y'alls authenticators, and I have been informed y'all do make a slight profit).
When I purchased this game, there were advertisements for the RMAH, and none of them said it would require an authenticator. I will be filing a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard, because this is utter nonsense.

Yes, go pay a lawyer several thousand in retainer fees to take up your case and win your $60 back for your temper-tantrum case. Good luck.
Edited by Dobralov#1335 on 6/8/2012 12:42 PM PDT
I don't like the idea of having to buy and wear a helmet because a minority of idiots keep falling off their bike.

If Battle.net wasn't setup as a preauthorized subscription in PayPal, we would actually need to log in our PayPal account with our password to transfer funds and this would have not been necessary to begin with. Lack of vision, once again.
Good thing imo.
100 Undead Mage
authenticator is free if you use the mobile app. it costs maybe $5 if you get the hard token.

be advised that if you do use the mobile authenticator then you will need to keep the security key if you have to reinstall the app for whatever reason.
100 Human Paladin
06/08/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Kiznilian
Cool and Blizz will be creating accounts and selling the best items and money for real money. I see the scheme unfolding now....

They could make the items and sell them w/o making accounts lol. You would never know.
Thanks for the info. But no. Generation Entitlement is a slang term that encompasses multiple generations. Z is basically the internet generation and make up a portion of this studied Entitlement Generation.

Yeah I heard the term, but to use the word "generation", it has to be generational. Or else it's just another sociopathy that shouldn't be define by cultural shifts (generation).
06/08/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Ace
In the process of talking to my lawyer right now. Advertising a RMAH BEFORE the game came out, then saying we have to buy another product from your company, AFTER the game comes out, is false advertisement. Good luck in court.

1- I'm sure your lawyer is awesome compared to those that Blizzard has. 2 - Was it advertised as a given right of the game, or was there (as with literally every online game these days) a disclaimer saying "rules and restrictions apply". Sorry entitlement kid - maybe you should have just bought an authenticator instead of spending how much on a lawyer?
So basically I can't ever use RMAH cause I don't have a smart phone or want to pay $5 for an authenticator? Nice, good to know the solution to people who are careless getting keylogged or having very poor passwords is to instead make people BUY stuff so they can get an extra tedious step to go through and lessen the amount of people messaging you about needing help with a hacked account which is THEIR fault.

Its stupid to make people suffer for others carelessness. If I get hacked its no ones fault but my own, just like its there fault and not yours. Don't punish everyone just to clear up your tech support box.

Exactly why they should give the authenticators for free. They'll be taking some money from RMAH anyways, might as well take a small loss on authenticators and get more people using it.

They should give them for free because they constantly fail to make their games secure.

How is it Blizzards fault that the people getting hacked have not managed to secure THEIR OWN machines and have had their username and password stolen ON THEIR END!

I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure if I chose to involve real money, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Its called a brain, use it!
So can I reject the new terms and get a refund?

I paid $60 originally and thought I was getting access to RMAH.

Now, you're telling me I need to pay an additonal $6.50 to access it? (I don't have a capable phone)

How is it Blizzards fault that the people getting hacked have not managed to secure THEIR OWN machines and have had their username and password stolen ON THEIR END!

I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure if I chose to involve real money, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Thinking hurts though. Can I get some welfare please?!
06/08/2012 12:46 PMPosted by SpaceMonkey

Yeah I heard the term, but to use the word "generation", it has to be generational. Or else it's just another sociopathy that shouldn't be define by cultural shifts (generation).

Now if only I had control over what our society used to describe this...it is what it is.

You said so yourself...if you "chose to involve real money". Then don't.
[quote][quote]
I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure

I am also angry, I thought the game with RMAH was $60 not $66.50!

How many more payments do you need from me in order to deliver what was promised? Is PVP going to cost extra, too?

Plus, I think buying an authenticator means giving Blizzard my credit card number. This makes me feel LESS secure; not more secure!
Edited by Blouge#1840 on 6/8/2012 12:50 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]