Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

How is it Blizzards fault that the people getting hacked have not managed to secure THEIR OWN machines and have had their username and password stolen ON THEIR END!

I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure if I chose to involve real money, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Its called a brain, use it!

You said so yourself...if you "chose to involve real money". Then don't.
Lol FFS, I'm done reading this stuff lol. In the time it's taken all these people to post complaints about an extra $6.50 since the OP they could have made double that working a minimum wage job.
06/08/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Sinstar

So you're telling him not to use the RMAH that was promised when he bought the game?
[quote][quote]
I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure

I am also angry, I thought the game with RMAH was $60 not $66.50!

How many more payments you need from me to deliver what was promised? Is PVP going to cost extra, too?

Plus, I think buying an authenticator means giving Blizzard my credit card number. This makes me feel LESS secure; not more secure!

You only paid 60$? I paid $64.10 after taxes. Strange, that's nearly the cost of an authenticator. PVP doesn't involve real money, is there something here that's difficult to comprehend? In order to use the RMAH, you would be giving them your credit/debit info (assuming you buy balance, I mean). Is giving them the info then any different than giving it to them for some other item?
Ordered mine last Wed. and still am waiting...
06/08/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Blouge

So you're telling him not to use the RMAH that was promised when he bought the game?

"Rules and restrictions apply" bro. Nothing was promised.
06/08/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Blouge

"Rules and Restrictions Apply". Silly disclaimer on almost everything you see on TV and the internet.
I just wanna know WHY Starcraft 2 has a smart login screen with:

----------------------
EMAIL
PASSCODE
AUTHENTICATOR
----------------------

While Battle.net forums and Diablo 3 are:

----------------------
EMAIL
PASSCODE
----------------------
type.
enter.
wait
now loading.

AUTHENTICATOR.

That´s.... kinda dumb, isn´t it?
85 Night Elf Druid
You know what is really strange? Everyone I know in real life owns a smart phone. Everyone on these forums does not own one... it is so strange.

I never read anything about an extra fee to access RMAH, or a smart phone being required.

What next? A monthly subscription fee?
Pay to PvP?
How does it cost

Your logic baffles me. Blizzard is already losing money on the authenticators. That is one of the main arguments made in this thread. They are giving them away for free sans shipping cost. Now they put them in the box instead of making people pay for shipping, and they have to raise the price $10? Sorry. Your logic doesn't track.

As for your comment about WoW not costing them money, in the end of the day giving away authenticators and free months of WoW end up on the same place in the balance sheet. One is increased costs, one is lost revenue. They both effect profit negatively and in the end that is what matters on a balance sheet. The good will fostered by such actions FAR outweighs the minimal, relatively speaking, cost to Blizzard.

Main Entry: Entitlement Generation

Part of Speech: n

Definition: The group born between 1979 and 1994 who believe they are owed certain rights and benefits without further justification

Example: The entitlement generation expects higher salaries, flexible work hours, and ample time off. (Poster Edit:) And they expect ways to play games for free and make money off of them at the same time! GAMES!

Ad Hominem: an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.

If you can't refute my points without dipping to abusing a logical fallacy, please leave the conversation.

I never read anything about an extra fee to access RMAH, or a smart phone being required.

What next? A monthly subscription fee?
Pay to PvP?

You have to read the rules and restrictions, usually.
85 Dwarf Hunter

They should give them for free because they constantly fail to make their games secure.

How is it Blizzards fault that the people getting hacked have not managed to secure THEIR OWN machines and have had their username and password stolen ON THEIR END!

I currently do not have an authenticator, I have never been hacked, am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure if I chose to involve real money, ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Its called a brain, use it!

Please stop using this post out of context....

Assuming he was asking a rhetorical question it should read, "Am I mad that I am now required to pay 6.50 so that my account is more secure if I chose to involve real money? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Reading fail.... Get an authenticator.
I'm incredibly amused by the people who are actually complaining about the extra security Blizzard are putting in for the RMAH, in order to save their own bank and credit accounts from being compromised.

Pay the $6.50 to get a hardware authenticator shipped to you, put the free app on your phone, or don't use the RMAH. It's that simple people.

The complaining and crying wolf about every single bloody thing Blizzard does is really getting old. In the long list of injustices in the world right now, Blizzard deciding to make their customers use an authenticator for the Diablo 3 RMAH is about four millionth on the list. It's a beef so tiny I don't think you could view it with a microscope.

Get a grip.
Edited by Shakes#1128 on 6/8/2012 12:59 PM PDT
safe to say 1.0.3 comes out on Tuesday then?

Main Entry: Entitlement Generation

Part of Speech: n

Definition: The group born between 1979 and 1994 who believe they are owed certain rights and benefits without further justification

Example: The entitlement generation expects higher salaries, flexible work hours, and ample time off. (Poster Edit:) And they expect ways to play games for free and make money off of them at the same time! GAMES!

Ad Hominem: an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.

If you can't refute my points without dipping to abusing a logical fallacy, please leave the conversation.

Hypocrisy. It's ugly isn't it?
I can't believe people who are willing to spend real money on fake video game items are complaining so much about a 6 dollar authenticator.

You can also get it for free but the whiners choose to ignore that completely. Probably because they're too embarrassed to admit that they can't even afford a smart phone. If you don't even have the money to throw down on a phone or an authenticator, trust me, the real money auction house isn't for you.
06/08/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Enigma
safe to say 1.0.3 comes out on Tuesday then?

Good question =D
I actually wish my bank had this authenticator system. Says something when blizzard, a game company, has better security than my bank...
Anyone know if I can get a refund?

$60 is plenty for a game. I don't want to pay more money for something that I was originally promised, viz. access to the RMAH.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]