Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

06/08/2012 12:59 PMPosted by toepes
I actually wish my bank had this authenticator system. Says something when blizzard, a game company, has better security than my bank...

Haha, amazing overlooked point.

Ad Hominem: an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.

If you can't refute my points without dipping to abusing a logical fallacy, please leave the conversation.

Hypocrisy. It's ugly isn't it?

I see you still don't want to discuss the actual points I made. Good day sir.

Hypocrisy. It's ugly isn't it?

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Anyone know if I can get a refund?

$60 is plenty for a game. I don't want to pay more money for something that I was originally promised, viz. access to the RMAH.

"Rules and Restrictions may apply"

Within those rules is a part where they point out they can change their policies without your permission.

The same policy is in the EUA/EULA.

You agreed to them when you clicked the "I accept" button when registering your key, probably without reading them.

That's really all there is to this entire dilemma, I think.

$60 is plenty for a game. I don't want to pay more money for something that I was originally promised, viz. access to the RMAH.

LOL - he wants a refund, instead of getting a $6 security device to use a service where he would presumably spend much more!

Who are you people?! Do you not understand why they want this extra layer of seurity for a service that's going to be linked to sources of real money like your credit card??

Is securing that card not worth downloading a free app, or getting a little device shipped to you for the cost of a hamburger? Man alive.

Except you made no points. You just made a blanket statement that added nothing to the discussion.

How is Blizzard offering free shipping on authenticators a bad move on their part in any respect?

LOL - he wants a refund, instead of getting a $6 security device to use a service where he would presumably spend much more!

Who are you people?! Do you not understand why they want this extra layer of seurity for a service that's going to be linked to sources of real money like your credit card??

Is securing that card not worth downloading a free app, or getting a little device shipped to you for the cost of a hamburger? Man alive.

^.
Edited by Sinstar#1513 on 6/8/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Just ran Bluestacks, searched for Diablo 3 authenticator, installed it.

Total 15 secs.

yep, not a viable solution.

fyi no workarounds needed to download it from a marketplace,

Easy, Fast, and free.

so again, stop lying to people

15 seconds? I dunno if anyone playing a game has that kind of time on their hands =(
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

Got my free authenticater app last week works flawlessly. Make sure you set account settings to always check on every login.
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

This doesn't really make sense.

Except you made no points. You just made a blanket statement that added nothing to the discussion.

How is Blizzard offering free shipping on authenticators a bad move on their part in any respect?

Because it loses them even more money on the authenticators. Regardless of what the aftershock benefits are of giving everyone one, it still loses them even more immediate money. That's the only true fact we/they can dictate. Everything else after that is assumption and projection.

And just an FYI, if you want to have a logical debate...#1) Don't try to on forums. #2) Don't throw out debate 101 rules as part of your debate. :D
Edited by DoctorRotcod#1130 on 6/8/2012 1:13 PM PDT
97 Night Elf Druid

You sir, are ridiculous
Bravo ... good call blizz
Incase any idiot is wondering, authenticators are already free for mobile devices. You can get this authenticator application for any smartphones. Free of charge.
06/08/2012 12:59 PMPosted by toepes
I actually wish my bank had this authenticator system. Says something when blizzard, a game company, has better security than my bank...

I have an authenticator attached to my etrade account. Of course etrade did send it to me for free.
Edited by Shillen#1776 on 6/8/2012 1:23 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]