Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

85 Dwarf Hunter
Authenticators are free, you are only paying shipping.

Aldo
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to make 85% profit on sales.

Interesting.

I fixed your statement

Funny thing ain't it?
First of all you all probably have smart phones. Download the app for free...

This is also proof that people will never stop complaigning no matter how the game is structured, changed, buffed/nerfed. Bottom line is if you want to use the RMAH, get an authenticator or a smartphone. Also, if you don't like it don't use it. You are so worried about account security, Blizzard makes it so noone can alter your account or money management with a randomized code that changes on a time based system and you are pissed?

Thank you blizzard this makes loads of sense! Glad to see you are actively looking at our security and took the time to develop a FREE app so this feature can be possible.
06/08/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Aldo
Thanks. Who said I was hacked? I use seperate email and pw for battlenet and I haven't had a problem. So I don't really understand what YOU mean.

No one did. We just want a little more insurance against people getting hacked and now we don't have to deal with them on the RMAH at all. Cheers!
Either way, they aren't going to get an extra dollar from me anyways. It's also more expensive to get them shipped out of the U.S.

Their !@#$ should be secure enough not to require RSA tokens anyways.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Either way, they aren't going to get an extra dollar from me anyways. It's also more expensive to get them shipped out of the U.S.

Their !@#$ should be secure enough not to require RSA tokens anyways.

No one is 100% secure...
You want us to PAY for account security?

That's a load of crap, and I hope Blizzard recognizes this and responds accordingly.

You're already making enough money from initial sales, and the continued use of the RMAH (which will be required, you can already tell by the inflation of the super good items that gold will be worthless to the top tier players pretty soon), why bone us here?

I agree wholeheartedly that extra security is necessary for the RMAH to avoid future problems -- but forcing our hand to give you even more money is downright darius.
Don't want to pay for shipping?

Don't have a smartphone?

Emulate android on your PC and run it that way!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/713865-How-to-get-Battle-net-Mobile-Authenticator-COMPLETELY-free
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

RMAH is a privilege, not a right. Can't afford the under $15 cost for an ACTUAL authenticator? You probably shouldn't be buying VIRTUAL items off the AH, then. And if you think you'll just rake in money and not buy....then you're an even bigger fool than you sounded like with the quoted post.
lol @ people complayning. Use winauth, if you don't have a smartphone to use a free mobile authenticator, or use android emulator if you will. Complaints about Blizz asking people to protect their accounts for free... god...

That's a load of crap, and I hope Blizzard recognizes this and responds accordingly.

You're already making enough money from initial sales, and the continued use of the RMAH (which will be required, you can already tell by the inflation of the super good items that gold will be worthless to the top tier players pretty soon), why bone us here?

I agree wholeheartedly that extra security is necessary for the RMAH to avoid future problems -- but forcing our hand to give you even more money is downright darius.

Exactly, I don't think it's fair for us to have to buy a product, then purchase security on top of it. There's going to be so many problems with RMAH anyways.

Stop crying and boycott the RMAH, then. Your tears of anguish only sustain my laughter.
ohh please, this is the cheapest authenticator i have ever seen
Blizz probably loses money on it.

and after all the complaints about hacking that's a good thing it will be required

I know, I know you don't want to be forced into paying $6.50, I know it's unfair and I know Blizz is supposed to provide good enough security anyway and have case sensitive passwords etc... I agree.

But given current situation requiring an authenticator for $ transactions is the best possible move.
Besides, I think anyone wanting to use RMAH probabaly should want to get an authenticator anyway. I certainly do.
I have a blackberry AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't really care I probably wont use the RMAH anyway I just think its a bit cheeky. If Blizzard were so bothered about security then surely authenticators would be free, especially seeing that now certain game features aren't available to use without one.

Actually it may have been a bit of a buzz trying to sell items. No way would I waste my money buying them though.

I have a BlackBerry Curve, the authenticator app works just fine. in fact i had to use to post this reply.
06/08/2012 10:22 AMPosted by MannToots

They do. It's called the smart phone app.

Also, don't !@#$% about the physical authenticator price. Blizzard sells them at cost. Which is roughly half the price the manufacturer sells them for.

This
06/08/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Hrungnir

RMAH is a privilege, not a right. Can't afford the under $15 cost for an ACTUAL authenticator? You probably shouldn't be buying VIRTUAL items off the AH, then. And if you think you'll just rake in money and not buy....then you're an even bigger fool than you sounded like with the quoted post.

I have a really good job and money isn't an issue, I just don't believe in the principle of having to use RSA tokens to have a "secure" account, for a game that isn't even a complete product.
100 Gnome Warlock
I have read the FAQ about battle.net balance and I noticed that we cannot buy WoW pets & mounts that are on the Blizzard store with the balance.

Darn! That's exactly what I wanted to purchase with the profits made using the RMAH.

Do you know when this will be available?

Exactly, I don't think it's fair for us to have to buy a product, then purchase security on top of it. There's going to be so many problems with RMAH anyways.

Authenticators are free. Use an emulator, your smart phone, or pay 6.50 for the physical one(NOTE THAT THIS IS OPTIONAL! Not to mention those things are like 20$ from the manufacturer)

They had to insure the RMAH better with all these people getting their accounts compromised. If they allow hacked accounts to utilize the RMAH they are destroying it for EVERYONE.
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to give 15% commission to blizzard on sales.

Interesting.

Exactly why they should give the authenticators for free. They'll be taking some money from RMAH anyways, might as well take a small loss on authenticators and get more people using it.

Authenticators are what? $6? If you can't afford that then you can't afford to use the RMAH...
06/08/2012 10:34 AMPosted by tetra

I have a really good job and money isn't an issue, I just don't believe in the principle of having to use RSA tokens to have a "secure" account, for a game that isn't even a complete product.

Then don't.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]