Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

90 Goblin Death Knight
Good Show blizz..
90 Draenei Priest
It costs nearly 20 dollars to get an authenticator in Canada. Since when does 20x10=60?

And the money is not the issue. The RMAH was supposed to be included in the cost of the game. If they were going to charge extra they should have said so upfront.

It costs almost as much as the game itself in Brazil. lol
And can't order directly from Blizzard.
They sure must be trying to break some sort of incompetence record.
90 Human Death Knight
a reasonable decision, especially considering the controversy surrounding account security and the potential abuse of the RMAH
meh i wont be using the rmah anyways
thank god this is the first good news Ive read. Authenticators needed in order to add real money to an account, so that The hackers cant steal my real money.

The question thou is when is the security at blizzard going to improve like case sensitive passwords for diablo 3? and did you find the hole in ur game yet that allows compromises?

Case sensitivity is not a security problem and has been shown by Blizzard posts and user posts to be a red-herring.

The other point about "hole in the game". There is none, again as has amply been demonstrated in numerous threads here.

There is a very interesting and boastful YouTube video from a Chinese "gold farmer" going around. He basically is very pro at what he does and himself admits that Blizzard are bullet proof. He really disses the fan base though for lack of security.

Someone may have a link to it. It will help the previous poster.
Authenticators should have been in the box with D3 and SC2 IMHO.
Does anybody knows if SELLING items in the RMAH requires authenticator?
90 Night Elf Druid
Wait wait wait... real money auction house only give you money for your battle.net balance? You don't even get to make real money?
I fear for my bank balance on nights i stay up drinking playing this game..
No one should enter into this. I think in game gold is enough for the auction house. It's just another business model for consumption to take place. Remember it's only a game !

And if you are going to take part in it, wait for PVP to come out and see if it is a viable way for you to make real money. Before you outlay money to start trading.

I think this is a dodgy business plan on blizzards behalf, and they stand to make A LOT OF MONEY! And we the consumers can say NO by not taking part init. Spend your money on other games and things that enrich your mind not blizzards already fat pockets.
Wow, if people want to buy or sell items for real money then they should. Why should it matter if Blizzard will make more money out of it? Everyones a winner besides the people like me who will not be using the RMAH because it defeats the purpose of the game. If people buy something off the RMAH they should be tagged in some way so everyone they play with can tell they didn't earn their gear legitimately.
Hmm.. RMAH being a big a part of the game and requiring an authenticator which has to be purchased SEPARATELY in order to make this feature active.. sounds like something that could be in breach of some consumer laws.

"Here's our game, by it for $x"
you buy it
"Oh, by the way, you MUST also purchase this to play it."

Scam after scam. No wonder Vivendi are selling their 65% share in the company.. This company's just asking for lawsuits. If an authenticator is required because Blizzard can't code a secure game it should be sent out for free to their paying customers at Blizzard's own expense.

Good time to get a refund if your not the type of person that's happy to bend over and pull down your pants while Blizzard take you for a ride at your expense.

Don't let yourself be suckered or pressured into buying something you are eligible to receive for free.

The crap that goes on with Blizzard and this game keeps getting worse and worse, when will it all end?
No one should enter into this. I think in game gold is enough for the auction house. It's just another business model for consumption to take place. Remember it's only a game !

And if you are going to take part in it, wait for PVP to come out and see if it is a viable way for you to make real money. Before you outlay money to start trading.

I think this is a dodgy business plan on blizzards behalf, and they stand to make A LOT OF MONEY! And we the consumers can say NO by not taking part init. Spend your money on other games and things that enrich your mind not blizzards already fat pockets.

Pearls to the swine, my friend. Pearls to the swine.
Maybe a class action would make Blizzard wake up?
I knew the real money auction house would require an authenticator. Come on, think about it people. With all the hacking thats going on, you really think they wouldn't make you use one? The first thing a hacker would do when this service goes live and steal your real money.

So, I'm thankful that at least Blizzard is making it a requirement.
By law to provide such a service such as the RMAH and not provide adequate security measures included in the price of said service, but require/force the paying customer to purchase additional equipment or security services, that is a form of negligence on behalf of the product provider and breaches many consumer laws globally.

Blizzard's cowboys are playing a dangerous game and are wide open for legal action if they make their customers purchase extra security measures.

Everyone is entitled to a full refund at this point in time.. just putting it out there for those who don't like the situation they find themselves in. I know many people who have already received it (me included). Don't feel pressured to purchase something you don't have to. Though if you're happy to pay for it, know that you are paying for something you should be receiving for free, and if you still want to, then go for it.
06/08/2012 09:33 PMPosted by crzytimes
My Authenticator cost me $6.99. Well worth it...only annoying part is when I want to log into the forums at work and my keys aren't with me :(

It's only worth it to you because you don't do enough "online" work to see that the security afforded by an authenticator is just a more expensive version of similar 'gadget free" online security. It's pointless and Blizzard needs to look into changing their security measures.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]