Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

06/08/2012 10:34 AMPosted by tetra

RMAH is a privilege, not a right. Can't afford the under $15 cost for an ACTUAL authenticator? You probably shouldn't be buying VIRTUAL items off the AH, then. And if you think you'll just rake in money and not buy....then you're an even bigger fool than you sounded like with the quoted post.

I have a really good job and money isn't an issue, I just don't believe in the principle of having to use RSA tokens to have a "secure" account, for a game that isn't even a complete product.

Complete product? It's Diablo 3. You get to kill Diablo. YES, it IS a complete game. PvP and the AH are supplements. As someone stated, the RSA token is sold at cost, or you could get it for free if you have a smartphone. Know why Blizzard's accounts seemingly get hacked the most? It's the biggest target. Play an indie game if you want to do things that no one gives a rat's a$$ about.
90 Draenei Mage
All the babies crying about getting an authenticator amuse me.

I have a really good job and money isn't an issue, I just don't believe in the principle of having to use RSA tokens to have a "secure" account, for a game that isn't even a complete product.

Then don't.

Don't plan on it ;) Just love voicing my opinion on the interwebz and getting people all fired up!
I was waiting for this to show up. The Twitter link only pointed me to the EU forums. :c

Then don't.

Don't plan on it ;) Just love voicing my opinion on the interwebz and getting people all fired up!

"Then don't." -Kaelys, all fired up.

Then don't.

I see what you did there. You got trolled and to stop everyone from thinking the trolls trolled you you are acting like you're trolling the trolls who think they're trolling you but in actuality you are trolling the trolls that think they're trolling you. Good troll, troll.
Edited by Hrungnir#1801 on 6/8/2012 10:40 AM PDT

I see what you did there. You got trolled and to stop everyone from thinking the trolls trolled you you are acting like you're trolling the trolls who think they're trolling you but in actuality you are trolling the trolls that think they're trolling you. Good troll, troll.

10/10!
100 Human Paladin
Please make sure to clairfy that this does not include the Dial-In authenticator Blizz =/

People will get that then complain 'I gots hacked with an authenticator derp"
Oh it works on a blackberry I didn't think it did thats not so bad for me then :)
Either way, they aren't going to get an extra dollar from me anyways. It's also more expensive to get them shipped out of the U.S.

Their !@#$ should be secure enough not to require RSA tokens anyways.

The only way you would be that secure is if your computer was unplugged from the internet, turned off, and hidden in a closet. 100% security is impossible with the way the internet currently works. This is no exaggeration or hyperbole.
90 Draenei Mage

I know, I know you don't want to be forced into paying $6.50, I know it's unfair and I know Blizz is supposed to provide good enough security anyway and have case sensitive passwords etc... I agree.

So stupid. I hate when morons say this crap.

Blizzard can't stop retards from downloading viruses. The authenticator is the ONLY thing they can do to help computer illiterate retards and if you would pull your head out of your butt for 5 seconds you would realize this.

Anyone whining about spending 6.50 on an authenticator so they can buy items in D3 with real money is simply ignorant. If you idiots had RMAH money in your account and got hacked and some hacker spends it all you would spaz out on blizzard blaming them for it even though your the moron that downloaded a virus.

Damn Blizzard and their non stop attempts to protect their player base! They are obviously evil! You people will cry about anything.
If you don't have a smartphone, just download an emulator and get the app. It isn't hard. Think outside the box before whining.
I applaud Blizzard's effort in the extra precautions they're taking with the RMAH. Once "real money" becomes involved, it's a whole different ballgame than when your just trading virtual gold for virtual items. Could you imagine the freakout around here if all of a sudden people starting having their RMAH wiped out due to their account being compromised? Just look at all the threads from a couple weeks ago concerning accounts being hacked. It would be 100x worse if it were actual $ being taken from you. Not going to be able to get an account roll-back for that. To me it just looks like Blizzard is taking a proactive step, instead of playing cleanup if something were to happen later.

Although, I do thinks its kind of sketchy to put those folks with no smartphone in that kind of position.
06/08/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Hrungnir
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

RMAH is a privilege, not a right. Can't afford the under $15 cost for an ACTUAL authenticator? You probably shouldn't be buying VIRTUAL items off the AH, then. And if you think you'll just rake in money and not buy....then you're an even bigger fool than you sounded like with the quoted post.
I applaud Blizzard's effort in the extra precautions they're taking with the RMAH. Once "real money" becomes involved, it's a whole different ballgame than when your just trading virtual gold for virtual items. Could you imagine the freakout around here if all of a sudden people starting having their RMAH wiped out due to their account being compromised? Just look at all the threads from a couple weeks ago concerning accounts being hacked. It would be 100x worse if it were actual $ being taken from you. Not going to be able to get an account roll-back for that. To me it just looks like Blizzard is taking a proactive step, instead of playing cleanup if something were to happen later.

Although, I do thinks its kind of sketchy to put those folks with no smartphone in that kind of position.

Emulator.
i used to have an authenticator but it malfunctioned within a week and i had to uninstall it from my iphone and now every time i reinstall it i get the same error lol
10 Undead Warrior
It will be interesting to see how some of you kids will react when you grow up, and get a financial institution that REQUIRES you to have an authenticator to be able to use the online aspect of your banking.

The authenticator for my financial institution cost me $50.
85 Human Warlock

"Then don't." -Kaelys, all fired up.

Woh, woh there. Calm down. It'll be okay. It's just a game. Do you need a hug?

Hahaha.
90 Worgen Rogue
It amazes me the lengths people will go to keep from adding additional security to one of their online accounts.

Seriously, people... not everything in the world can be 100% free. Sometimes you have to pay to play. I see people who paid 60+ or 100+ for the game throw fits about 6.50 shipping for the token. I see people talking about listing items for hundreds of dollars and 'making bank' throw fits about it.

It's just astounding.

Also... this seems like a good place to put this, from two weeks ago:
05/27/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Daciana
Yes not just that, could you imagine the money they can save, without having to employ more staff to restore accounts. I'm sure hacking will occur, but not to the extent that it is at the moment.

I'll bet real money that when the RMAH goes live, they'll require a means of authentication for everyone using it rather than just for the people who've had account issues or those exceeding 100 bucks. If they don't, then at least the cap will be down closer to 20 bucks.

It won't be what is in the FAQ now, tho.

/shrug
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]