Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

06/08/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Iliriel
i used to have an authenticator but it malfunctioned within a week and i had to uninstall it from my iphone and now every time i reinstall it i get the same error lol

That sounds like a problem with your phone. Make sure your software is up to date.
Questions, do we still need the sms alerts to cash out paypal and or blizz currency?

I have a keychain auth, will that be enough to get full use of the rmah?
85 Gnome Death Knight
The sad fact is no matter how much security Blizzard or us puts in place there will always be talented hackers out there in the world who WILL find a way to break through those security measures, some hackers might do it just for fun. Thats why the RMAH was a bad idea from the get go.
Is this why my AH is unavailable ?
85 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly, if they didn't do this, and someone lost RL money due to getting hacked people would complain then too. For the price of the shipping this protects not just your RMAH transactions, but your World of Warcraft account or any other game you have under Blizzard as well.

All this senseless complaining on less money than 2 boxes of hot-pockets ... I mean really now?

It's far and away a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Questions, do we still need the sms alerts to cash out paypal and or blizz currency?

I have a keychain auth, will that be enough to get full use of the rmah?

If you are referring to the physical authenticator with a key chain hook on it, that currently protects your blizzard games, yes that would could.
Edited by Lipstick#1497 on 6/8/2012 10:57 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
06/08/2012 10:34 AMPosted by tetra
I have a really good job and money isn't an issue, I just don't believe in the principle of having to use RSA tokens to have a "secure" account, for a game that isn't even a complete product.

Good thing they aren't RSA then.
100 Human Paladin
Please make sure to clairfy that this does not include the Dial-In authenticator Blizz =/

People will get that then complain 'I gots hacked with an authenticator derp"

It says what authenticators are required in the actual text of this announcement.
06/08/2012 10:57 AMPosted by TalRasha
These D-bags really should have included the Authenticator in the box... not that my PayPal, bank, or any other online service requires one...

Encrypted data laws.
!!! I don't want an Authenticator!!. I never needed one before, Never been hacked. Why make it required to buy an Authenticator to use RMAH???
06/08/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Jables
!!! I don't want an Authenticator!!. I never needed one before, Never been hacked. Why make it required to buy an Authenticator to use RMAH???

Because they want to make sure you stay not hacked and stay not ruining the game economy.
people don't seem to understand that blizzard is protecting them from them selves. you just know someone will get hacked and get money stolen from there account so of course authenticators should be mandatory. also to anyone who says blizzard should be more secure well they are but short of blocking dangerous websites for you there is nothing they can do to keep you from getting hacked on your end.

and just to remind people of whats already been said, the authenticators are free you are paying for shipping.
Either way, they aren't going to get an extra dollar from me anyways. It's also more expensive to get them shipped out of the U.S.

Their !@#$ should be secure enough not to require RSA tokens anyways.

Their !@#$ is. Yours is not.
QED.
06/08/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Jables

because clearly your experience is the same as everyone else's ever and can be treated as baseline fact. -_- /sarcasm
Blizzard was basically forced to add the authenticator requirement because people don't take care of their log-in information.

It won't work anyway though. People will still get their accounts compromised.
06/08/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Kaelys

Because they want to make sure you stay not hacked and stay not ruining the game economy.

Im not the one ruining the game economy.. I'm just a casual player in act 2 inferno.. I just don't think it should be REQUIRED to buy an authenticator to use the RMAH. I already paied 60$ for the game that is unbalanced..
I don't have a smartphone atm, and am sort on funds, I was hoping to buy an authenticator with the first few dollars made from auctions. I would hope that maybe being able to have a balance of $5-10 in order to purchase the authenticator from my first few sales would be an option.
Blizzard was basically forced to add the authenticator requirement because people don't take care of their log-in information.

It won't work anyway though. People will still get their accounts compromised.

Especially once people start downloading 'bots' and cheat packs, etc for MITM attacks to spawn from.
people don't seem to understand that blizzard is protecting them from them selves. you just know someone will get hacked and get money stolen from there account so of course authenticators should be mandatory. also to anyone who says blizzard should be more secure well they are but short of blocking dangerous websites for you there is nothing they can do to keep you from getting hacked on your end.

and just to remind people of whats already been said, the authenticators are free you are paying for shipping.

Already paid shipping for the game. Why was this not in my game box if it's required?

Because it's not required to play the game. RMAH is optional, so is the authenticator. See how that works?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]