Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

06/08/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Jables

Because they want to make sure you stay not hacked and stay not ruining the game economy.

Im not the one ruining the game economy.. I'm just a casual player in act 2 inferno.. I just don't think it should be REQUIRED to buy an authenticator to use the RMAH. I already paied 60$ for the game that is unbalanced..

Good for you! You may not be the one ruining the game economy but there are several other 'not as intelligent as you' people out there that are. These measures are aimed at them and as such, you too are now required to use an authenticator if you wish to use the RMAH. Don't blame Blizzard, blame the the 'not at intelligent as you' people!
You want us to PAY for account security?

That's a load of crap, and I hope Blizzard recognizes this and responds accordingly.

You're already making enough money from initial sales, and the continued use of the RMAH (which will be required, you can already tell by the inflation of the super good items that gold will be worthless to the top tier players pretty soon), why bone us here?

I agree wholeheartedly that extra security is necessary for the RMAH to avoid future problems -- but forcing our hand to give you even more money is downright darius.

^
This.

Because it's not required to play the game. RMAH is optional, so is the authenticator. See how that works?

Yes, I'm already being asked to pay more to use an advertised feature. I definitely see how that works.

Android emulator. It's free and will hopefully shut you up, too.
06/08/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Iliriel
i used to have an authenticator but it malfunctioned within a week and i had to uninstall it from my iphone and now every time i reinstall it i get the same error lol

Jailbroke?

Im not the one ruining the game economy.. I'm just a casual player in act 2 inferno.. I just don't think it should be REQUIRED to buy an authenticator to use the RMAH. I already paied 60$ for the game that is unbalanced..

Good for you! You may not be the one ruining the game economy but there are several other 'not as intelligent as you' people out there that are. These measures are aimed at them and as such, you too are now required to use an authenticator if you wish to use the RMAH. Don't blame Blizzard, blame the the 'not at intelligent as you' people!

My real complaint is I bought the game with the idea that I can use the AH with no other fees (besides tax). Now I have to buy an authenticator to use it. If I knew this before I bought the game it would have played on my decision to buy the game.
WTF, the RMAH launches in 4 days. It takes 8-10 days for authenticator to ship. Thanks for the adequate heads up by the competent d3 devs. This is bull!@#$ by the time I get my authenticator my gold and items would have dropped in so much value since the first day of RMAH launch.

Also this post doesn't address paypal. Can I use sell items to paypal without an authenticator?

and if you can't infer it, no I don't have a smartphone, and no I'm not downloading an unofficial emulator from a sketchy %^- site.
Do we need an authenticator TO SELL on the RMAH? I don't have a smartphone, I would buy the physical one, but shipping to Canada is 10$ and 20$ total is too much for something I do not need.

What about items and gold from compromised accounts being sold on RMAH, doesn't this have legal implications?

You said "don't buy gold", but RMAH will sell gold...
Edited by SpaceMonkey#1801 on 6/8/2012 11:22 AM PDT

My real complaint is I bought the game with the idea that I can use the AH with no other fees (besides tax). Now I have to buy an authenticator to use it. If I knew this before I bought the game it would have played on my decision to buy the game.

And as several other people in this thread have pointed out, there is no need for anyone to pay any additional fees. Emulators are easy to find and install and they have the added bonus of being free! Free Emulator + Free smartphone app = Free upgraded security!!

And as several other people in this thread have pointed out, there is no need for anyone to pay any additional fees. Emulators are easy to find and install and they have the added bonus of being free! Free Emulator + Free smartphone app = Free upgraded security!!

And these "Emulators" are the reason people are getting hacked. No thanks I'm not downloading any software I do not trust.
100 Human Paladin
Probably wouldn't be a problem, but why is this not a downloadable app for my PC free on Blizzards website? Is it because having it on the PC makes it vulnerable? If so, how is running it off an emulator any less vulnerable?

Running it in an emulator is much less secure than running it from a phone. Two factor authentication is built around having one of the forms of authentication not on the service being accessed. So to simulate the true two factor system you'd have to build a new computer never connect it to the internet, install the emulation software on that then install the mobile authenticator app and use it just for that.
Edited by Flexhead#1426 on 6/8/2012 11:26 AM PDT
What if you don't intend to use real money on it or attach any paypal and only use the blizzard battle.net balance?

like say all i want to do is sell things on the auction house and use that money to buy things on the rmah or the blizzard store?
100 Human Paladin

And these "Emulators" are the reason people are getting hacked. No thanks I'm not downloading any software I do not trust.

Google releases their own android emulator for development testing.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html
06/08/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Zoraida
Authenticators are free in all forms people. The only thing you have to pay for with the physical version is the cost of shipping. Blizzard makes no profit from it. It has always been this way.

just because blizzard doesnt make any money doesnt mean it is free... you said this in the sentence before that starts with "The only thing you have to pay for..."

i think in the future i am just going to skip any post that has a wow avatard
100 Human Paladin
06/08/2012 11:25 AMPosted by TalRasha

Running it in an emulator is much less secure than running it from a phone. Two factor authentication is built around having one of the forms of authentication not on the service being accessed.

Right, which totally negates any benefit of having two factor authentication. So again I ask, why was this not included in my game box?

Because it is not required to play the game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]