Diablo® III

Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

And these "Emulators" are the reason people are getting hacked. No thanks I'm not downloading any software I do not trust.

Google releases their own android emulator for development testing.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html

Like I'm going to trust google's software when they have been known to spy on people.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/02/21/google-hacked-internet-explorer-spy-users-safari-85621/
i have a blackberry also, i have the mobile authenticator on my phone. People keep forgetting BB's I know Ifone is bestest....

I have a blackberry AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't really care I probably wont use the RMAH anyway I just think its a bit cheeky. If Blizzard were so bothered about security then surely authenticators would be free, especially seeing that now certain game features aren't available to use without one.

Actually it may have been a bit of a buzz trying to sell items. No way would I waste my money buying them though.

My real complaint is I bought the game with the idea that I can use the AH with no other fees (besides tax). Now I have to buy an authenticator to use it. If I knew this before I bought the game it would have played on my decision to buy the game.

Android pc emulator FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE. pound that into your thick skull.

Wow, talk about avoiding the solution because of your inability to admit you are wrong.

Read my posts! I am not downloading any untrusted software. Easiest way to get hacked.
WTF, the RMAH launches in 4 days. It takes 8-10 days for authenticator to ship. Thanks for the adequate heads up by the competent d3 devs. This is bull!@#$ by the time I get my authenticator my gold and items would have dropped in so much value since the first day of RMAH launch.

Also this post doesn't address paypal. Can I use sell items to paypal without an authenticator?

and if you can't infer it, no I don't have a smartphone, and no I'm not downloading an unofficial emulator from a sketchy %^- site.

they announced this a long, long time ago. this is just a re-post.

I check the latest blizz posts on these forums, and the home page, everyday. never saw it.
based on this thread its the first everyone's heard of it. the topic even says these are changes (meaning it hasn't happened before) they're making
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

The mobile authenticator is free. Sometimes I don't understand how ignorant some people can be.
Edited by Vortex#1822 on 6/8/2012 11:31 AM PDT
You want us to PAY for account security?

That's a load of crap, and I hope Blizzard recognizes this and responds accordingly.

You're already making enough money from initial sales, and the continued use of the RMAH (which will be required, you can already tell by the inflation of the super good items that gold will be worthless to the top tier players pretty soon), why bone us here?

I agree wholeheartedly that extra security is necessary for the RMAH to avoid future problems -- but forcing our hand to give you even more money is downright darius.

^
This.

There is a reason my Bank doesn't sell authenticators.

Google releases their own android emulator for development testing.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html

Like I'm going to trust google's software when they have been known to spy on people.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/02/21/google-hacked-internet-explorer-spy-users-safari-85621/

I don't want to buy an authenticator.
Then don't.
I don't feel safe with the free one.
You should.
But they'll see my !@#$.

You are one of those impossible people. Just buy the 6.50 fob or don't use the RMAH.
100 Gnome Warlock
The physical authenticator is not free. It's 6.50$ plus shipping. Blizzard sells them at cost.
Shipping outside of the US is 10.50$. In Canada you can buy them at Walmart, Futureshop and Bestbuy for about 15$ CAN + tax. It's about 50 cents more than shipping it from Blizz store, but at least there is no worry about customs plus you get it right away.

For those who do not want to pay a cent and do not have a smartphone, there is an open source window authenticator software on google code called WinAuth for free. It is of course less secure than the physical one because a hacker can take control of your computer and run the software or get the encryption key. But if you really think you're computer is secure, then get WinAuth. There is no need for a smartphone emulator. You could even run WinAuth on an old computer that isn't connected to the net. That would be as secure as the physical authenticator.

Then don't.
You should.
But they'll see my !@#$.

You are one of those impossible people. Just buy the 6.50 fob or don't use the RMAH.

I shouldn't HAVE to pay extra to use the RMAH! that is my point. I already bought the game assuming I could use the RMAH with no additional fees besides the Tax. To announce that you have to now buy an authenticator is means for a law suit, or mass refunds.

Then don't.
You should.
But they'll see my !@#$.

I shouldn't HAVE to pay extra to use the RMAH! that is my point. I already bought the game assuming I could use the RMAH with no additional fees besides the Tax. To announce that you have to now buy an authenticator is means for a law suit, or mass refunds.

Go get your lawyer. If you're not willing to spend 6.50 to secure your investment, I doubt they are going to be a very good one.

Not to mention ToU and gameplay requirements are subject to change at any time.

Go get your lawyer. If you're not willing to spend 6.50 to secure your investment, I doubt they are going to be a very good one.

Not to mention ToU and gameplay requirements are subject to change at any time.

Or I can just say hell with it and get my refund and watch blizzard loose money. I don't think they want that.
will you be issuing 1099k?

I'm using the free Iphone app works great.
Edited by CHAOZ#1205 on 6/8/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Whether or not authenticators are free is not the real question here. Why are they required at all is? My bank does not require me to use after market software to secure my account, why does Blizzard? At least my bank recognizes the added security that case sensitive passwords with symbols provide. I sure wished Blizzard did!
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

The mobile authenticator is free. Sometimes I don't understand how ignorant some people can be.

For you to assume every single D3 player or Blizzard account holder has a smart phone is pretty ignorant.
Edited by tetra#1910 on 6/8/2012 11:39 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]