Diablo® III

Real Money Auction House ???

Just so I understand this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Real-money AH -- Selling an item: Lets say for the example I have a great piece of gear. I notice similar gear going for $15 or more. Not being too greedy, I decide to post my gear for $10 buyout.

1st, I'll pay $1 for posting item for sale (whether it sells or not)
2nd, I'll pay $1.50 when it does sell (15%)
and
3rd, I'll pay another 15% ($1.28) for remain balance to transfer the $8.50
so my final earnings after $10 auction and deductions can be about $6.22

Lets change this to $100 dollars... say you do 10 auctions. Total sales is $100. You are at $75 earnings immediately. Now you want to do some shopping with that money and you transfer to paypal... you will pay upward to $12 just to move the money. Again bottom line you have about $64 left after fees....

(I'll pay you a $100 to mow my lawn, however I will charge you 15% to use my lawn to make a profit, and i'll charge you another 15% if you want to cash my check)

I cannot wait to hear the wailing when some poor soul sells a $1000 worth of gear and the other shoe drops....

These fees in themselves seem more punitive and prohibitive than incentives to do business with Blizzard. But who knows... maybe there are millions of players out there with cash to burn, ..... oh wait... you can only post 10 items at a time... and with the lack of analytical data, lots of trials and errors on what will sell and for how much...

Bottom line: I am intrigued yet skeptical of where this RMAH is going... especially if this was meant to be an alternative to ill-legit gold farmers...

Here's hoping for the best, expecting the worse, and holding out until the course corrections can be made...
Reply Quote
Standing corrected... thank you

"For Equipment (weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)
Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price

Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item
Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred"

OK... for real money...
I post a $10 item = $1 after sale? (the faq does not say 'after sale')
$9 left
automatically sent to paypal = $7.65 (after 15%)

Ok... thanks
Reply Quote
OK... for real money...
I post a $10 item = $1 after sale? (the faq does not say 'after sale')
$9 left
automatically sent to paypal = $7.65 (after 15%)

Ok... thanks

Not bad for a virtual item...
Reply Quote
So if I choose bnet as a payment method, I will never be able to cash out?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]