Diablo® III

Religious beliefs of gamers?

I'm here for the sake of interest to ask you dear readers about your beliefs.

Just answer these simple questions:

- Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?

- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?
Edited by Neveres#2155 on 5/29/2012 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Majere880
What about you. If you ask a question like that, your supposed to state your own beliefs as well.

No
No
No

:)
Reply Quote
No
No
No
Reply Quote
Isn't this kind of forbidden in here?

No Politics/Religion
There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively.
Reply Quote
Isn't this kind of forbidden in here?

No Politics/Religion
There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively.

Any other form of debate with the people on these forums is boring.

05/29/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Neveres

No, you lose your chemical-building structure and you're just a corpse.

05/29/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Neveres
- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

Theoretically, life could be dependent on fuel sources that aren't the same as the ones that we rely on. For example, instead of using oxygen as a constant resource another group of life forms could use helium. Based on this we can conclude that other life could be on seemingly uninhabitable planets that could be seen as "powerful" for surviving where we cannot. This is the closest to a higher power that is physically possible.

Also, statistically it is impossible for Earth to have the only life forms in the universe as the universe is infinitely expanding.

(1 x 10^-1000) x (∞) = ∞% chance

^ I don't actually know the chance of life, I just threw out a really small number to give an idea. (1 x 10^-1000)

AND...

Based on Stephen Hawking's studies:

As the Law of Gravity is a guaranteed existence, something else would eventually be created by it because it is always existent.

(1 x 10^-∞) x (∞) = ∞% chance

Assuming the negative infinity chance of this happening progresses more slowly than the positive infinity percent chance of this happening, the universe would have an infinity percent chance of being created.

This also means that there is an infinity percent chance of there being infinitely many universes; including identical universes to the one we are in. Because time is a non-factor outside of the human mind, these theories are possible.

Basically I classify myself as an Atheist that can grasp vast theories of physics but not get past Act I of Inferno on Diablo 3 as a Witch Doctor.

Edit(s): My grammar sucks.
Edited by PepeDeAfrica#1403 on 6/1/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes yes yes yes Why not?
Reply Quote
I just believe in whatever Carl Sagan said, man.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
No

No

No

But I do attend church for my marriage...
Reply Quote
I'm an Atheist, however I do believe in Satan. His name is Richard Dawkins and he is turning my belief into a religion.
Reply Quote
Get back under your bridge Happyfase!
Reply Quote
No, actually not trolling. I think Dawkins is a complete tool.
Reply Quote
In that case, stop confusing atheism with anti-theism.

It's not the atheism that's bothering you, it's the anti-theism, which he happens to be quite vocal about.
Reply Quote
In that case, stop confusing atheism with anti-theism.

It's not the atheism that's bothering you, it's the anti-theism, which he happens to be quite vocal about.

To be fair most people don't actually understand the meaning of the word atheism, most often people incorrectly categorize it as a form of religion or belief system. It's not until you analogously compare being an atheist to being an aunicornist or aleperchaunist that people understand their misinterpretation.
Reply Quote

No, but considering many scientists believe there are an inifinite number of ''paralelle universe'' I wouldnt be surprise we are all living in a glass of water ;)

Not sure about that one. I've been reading a lot about science and technology for the past year and there is an increasing number of scientist that believe some kind of ''energy fields'' they call the ''Dark matter'' and the ''Dark Energy'' might be containing the universe as a whole.(something like the ''Force'' but less cool).

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?

No I'm not. I lost too many things in my life to belive some kind of ''god'' lives somwhere in the Universe protecting us.

There is one thing I always knew about religions ans beliefs:

If there was once a God of light protecting the innocent, it was likely there was also something balancing it(something like Satan) and according to all the !@#$ed up things happening on our planet; all the killing, !!!#%%, genocides etc etc, That said ''God of light'' either died for some reason or lost his war against Evil.

Also, I respect everyone's belives, no matter what they are believing. Some people need that to ward their spirit against madness and fear of death.

Lots of poeple are saying im too pessimiste, but I think I am just realistic and most people are blinded and are afraid about a lot of things, forcing them to believe in unrealistic things and to believe everything in the world is fine!

Im the thinking kind, over-analazing every situation and most of the time I'm never too far from the truth.
Edited by Crazysam87#1769 on 6/6/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
here is the problem with atheism and god.

Did you mean to say THEISM and god? Otherwise everything after that phrase doesn't make sense...
Reply Quote

No, of course not. That's silly. There's no soul/consciousness as a "thing". There's "no one home". That's science.

That's dependent on a great number of assumptions and driven by the language that we currently are using. For the same reason that some Sky Wizard doesn't exist because one says he does, barring cop outs like "all things are relative" there is no good answer to this because it's a poor question.

No, I have been but only to socialize and network for business. I'm an atheist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]