Diablo® III

Religious beliefs of gamers?

no^3
Reply Quote
This is the best thread to be reading this early in the morning :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
1Yes
2Yes, to not think that there is a god is silly to me. Everything in our bodies is so precise science on its own cannot create it. Science was used to create us (by whom?) but who created science? it doesn't sound reasonable that science existed on its own then life started.
3No
Edited by ewja#1293 on 6/12/2012 2:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes
Yes
Yes-ish i consider myself a christian but i live on my own terms, unlike most arrogant Christians i dont stone pple to death for being gay or (lieing....) im a sinner too what would that say about me if i did that crap to my fellow man when im just as guilty but just in other ways. i do not agree with being gay but hey im glad to see they can find love somewhere and is that soo bad?
Reply Quote
No
No
No

Basically I classify myself as an Atheist that can grasp vast theories of physics but not get past Act I of Inferno on Diablo 3 as a Witch Doctor.

I laughed pretty hard at that bit xD

While this doesn't tie in to what's said here directly; does anyone have any thoughts on the recent theories our universe exists within a black hole and others exist within the black holes within ours? Almost as if they tie the us to other universes. Read an article on it recently seemed interesting.
Reply Quote
Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?
No

Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?
Yes

Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?
Not any more. I got kicked out of two different churches and left so many more because they preached more intolerance and acting fake than acceptance and truly loving others.

While this doesn't tie in to what's said here directly; does anyone have any thoughts on the recent theories our universe exists within a black hole and others exist within the black holes within ours? Almost as if they tie the us to other universes. Read an article on it recently seemed interesting.

It's a theory. Like any theory, I need more proof to start believing it. It sounds interesting, nevertheless. Are you allowed to link to the article you read? I'm new to Battle.net and these forums, and I'm curious.
Reply Quote
Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?
No

Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?
Yes

Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?
Not any more. I got kicked out of two different churches and left so many more because they preached more intolerance and acting fake than acceptance and truly loving others.

It's a theory. Like any theory, I need more proof to start believing it. It sounds interesting, nevertheless. Are you allowed to link to the article you read? I'm new to Battle.net and these forums, and I'm curious.

Took me a min to find it again:

http://www.insidescience.org/?q=content%2Fevery-black-hole-contains-new-universe%2F566
Edited by Pathology#1752 on 6/12/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha, that sounds kind of like the Futurama episode with a universe in a box. I suddenly want to go watch that episode...
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 08:29 AMPosted by criex10
Haha, that sounds kind of like the Futurama episode with a universe in a box. I suddenly want to go watch that episode...

Given the maintenance I think I will go watch that episode :P

<3 Netflix
Reply Quote
I think you'll find the majority of gamers that play this game will be in the nox3 sections, including myself.
Reply Quote
- Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?

- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?

My responses / beliefs

1.) ex nihilo nihil fit + cogito ergo sum = We are, therefore we cannot seize to exist.

2.) Drake's Equation seems to predict something of that nature. Assuming, however, by "this world" you mean Earth.

3.) No.
Reply Quote
it takesmore faith to be an athiest than to be a christian
Reply Quote
- Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?

- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?

No
No
No
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Why do atheists so vehemently push that God is a magical man that lives in the sky? No religion believes this.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Palladin

Yet another example of someone misunderstanding the term "atheist". Atheism isn't a belief system. It is the default position, everyone is born an atheist and it requires no faith whatsoever.

No one is born believing in chubby pink unicorns, except perhaps Blizz developers. So the default position in this case would be an a-unicornist. Which you can see requires no faith.

Give thought to your ideas before posting something, just because it sounds catchy or you heard someone else say it, it doesn't make it true or even sensible. Think for yourself.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Atomicus
Why do atheists so vehemently push that God is a magical man that lives in the sky? No religion believes this.

I got a laugh from this, thanks. Your comment contradicts itself.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Mage
06/14/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Genesis

Yet another example of someone misunderstanding the term "atheist". Atheism isn't a belief system. It is the default position, everyone is born an atheist and it requires no faith whatsoever.

No one is born believing in chubby pink unicorns, except perhaps Blizz developers. So the default position in this case would be an a-unicornist. Which you can see requires no faith.

Give thought to your ideas before posting something, just because it sounds catchy or you heard someone else say it, it doesn't make it true or even sensible. Think for yourself.

Wow, talk about taking the words out of my mouth.

My answers: No, no , no.

Not starting any arguments here (I seriously hate arguing about religion) but I really like when people use the defense that, "How could there not be a God, everything is so perfect and fits in just right! Science couldn't just make that happen." Examples being that we need water, oxygen etc. to live and it's all around us, or that the Sun rises and sets at a "normal" rate . . .

What these people don't understand is that everything is "perfect" for us because we EVOLVED here under these exact conditions - our bodies, genome, everything is tailored to the conditions that we have survived in for the past 100,000 years.
Reply Quote
To not think that there is a god is silly to me. Everything in our bodies is so precise science on its own cannot create it. Science was used to create us (by whom?) but who created science? it doesn't sound reasonable that science existed on its own then life started.

Science isn't somekind of tool that creates stuff. Forces of nature are the ones causing different materials to form and so on. Science is just human word meaning "understanding of nature".

For the "precise science used to create us" might want to look out for "abiogenesis".
Edited by KingOfGaia#2764 on 6/15/2012 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Priest
1) Well my knowledge of nerophysiology would lead me to say No as a short answer, however consciousness is a strange thing and it would be somewhat ignorant to say it is completely destroyed at death without any real proof. It maybe be possible that after physical death consciousness moves onto another dimentional existence maybe as a collective of all consciousness, though i am merely speculating.

2) This one is a very interesting question as you havent mentioned a specific idea of a god just a larger force sentient or not. My answer is why not, science as we know it is limited observation within our universe anything outside is supernatural and open to speculation.

3) I am a sceptic first, athiest second etc etc. Not part of any organisation as i do not need to be. If i was to fill some religious calling it would be a religion that worships, honors and respects nature for what it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]