Diablo® III

Religious beliefs of gamers?

There are many Atheists out there today due to the theory of Evolution. Most people do not fully understand the implications of this philosophy. Very few people actually talk about some of the hidden ideals behind this worldview. The church attempts to bring it into Christianity when it is impossible to merge the two and have a just loving God.

1. Evolution is Racist. "Don't believe me? Better re-read the title of Darwins book "Origin of Species or Preservation of the favored races." You can also check out comments by leading evolutionists like Thomas Henry Huxley, or Stephen Jay Gould.

2. Many world dictators "Hitler, Stalin, Marx, Pol Pot" on equal note here is an article on Eric Harris the Shooter from Columbine. "http://www.schoolshooters.info/ideology-of-eric-harris.pdf", have consistently used Darwinian evolution to justify extermination of a lesser race. "Jews, blacks, reds, yellows".

3. It inherently follows that if some species of animals are not as adapted as another that they "do not deserve to live and nature will kill them off" this can be applied to the human population when looking at specific cultures or races. For instance, according to evolution the starting point of the human race is Africa... This concept is referred to as social Darwinism.

4. What need is there for morality in Evolution or as an atheist? You are your own God.

5. A universe with or without God is a very frightening proposition. "We are hurtling on a rock moving at 60,000 miles an hour though space, and no one's in charge" ~Kent Hovind

6. Evolution and Christianity.

CANNOT be merged no matter how much the Pope or any other Christian wishes it to be mixed. Here is why.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

1 Corinthians 15:21-22
21.For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

You cannot have millions of years of death and natural selection before the Fall in the Garden. Evolution is a philosophy based on death. The strong survive. The weak die. Ever hear of Eugenics? The killing of the infirm and elderly? The are a hindrance to the advancement of the human civilization!

Evolution essentially undermines the very purpose of Christs work while attempting to make Christ and God into a Liar.

Death before Adam through evolution means that Christs work on the cross was meaningless.

7. Christian here, looking forward to the responses! :) Nice Thread! quick side note, I love science, and just don't believe everything I am indoctrinated with. "CRITICAL thinking kids" Here is a multiple choice quiz

According to Darwin the Human race.

A. Shares a common ancestry with bananas.

B. Has many flawed species and justifies racism

C. Requires that we evolved from a common ancestor.

D. All of the above

and the answer is D!!! Good job kids!

For more info check out on the Creationism vs EvolutionISM debate.

http://www.icr.org/Topics/

http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Edited by nyyx#2515 on 3/31/2014 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 05:59 AMPosted by ScGMongoose
There are many Atheists out there today due to the theory of Evolution. Most people do not fully understand the implications of this philosophy. Very few people actually talk about some of the hidden ideals behind this worldview. The church attempts to bring it into Christianity when it is impossible to merge the two and have a just loving God.

1. Evolution is Racist. "Don't believe me? Better re-read the title of Darwins book "Origin of Species or Preservation of the favored races." You can also check out comments by leading evolutionists like Thomas Henry Huxley, or Stephen Jay Gould.

2. Many world dictators "Hitler, Stalin, Marx, Pol Pot" on equal note here is an article on Eric Harris the Shooter from Columbine. "http://www.schoolshooters.info/ideology-of-eric-harris.pdf", have consistently used Darwinian evolution to justify extermination of a lesser race. "Jews, blacks, reds, yellows".

3. It inherently follows that if some species of animals are not as adapted as another that they "do not deserve to live and nature will kill them off" this can be applied to the human population when looking at specific cultures or races. For instance, according to evolution the starting point of the human race is Africa... This concept is referred to as social Darwinism.

4. What need is there for morality in Evolution or as an atheist? You are your own God.

5. A universe with or without God is a very frightening proposition. "We are hurtling on a rock moving at 60,000 miles an hour though space, and no one's in charge" ~Kent Hovind

CANNOT be merged no matter how much the Pope or any other Christian wishes it to be mixed. Here is why.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

You cannot have millions of years of death and natural selection before the Fall in the Garden. Evolution is a philosophy based on death. The strong survive. The weak die. Ever hear of Eugenics? The killing of the infirm and elderly? The are a hindrance to the advancement of the human civilization!

Evolution essentially undermines the very purpose of Christs work while attempting to make Christ and God into a Liar.

Death before Adam through evolution means that Christs work on the cross was meaningless.

7. Christian here, looking forward to the responses! :) Nice Thread! quick side note, I love science, and just don't believe everything I am indoctrinated with. "CRITICAL thinking kids" Here is a multiple choice quiz

D. All of the above

Just some comments :o

1. The theory of evolution literally cannot be racist. It is a scientific theory that holds that species change over time due to adaptations selected by the mechanism of natural selection. A prime example to read about would be Darwin's finches and how they were adapted to different food sources. Darwin was simply giving a stunning hypothesis to initial observations he made those many years ago and this led to the formation of the modern theory of evolution; there was no "agenda" to fulfil.

2. Those names you mentioned were indeed vile human beings. They however, took science, which is objective (without bias or agenda / having the sole purpose of expanding our knowledge of the natural world) and distorted it to their own gains. Darwinian evolution does not state nor justify the killing of humans, nor that there are lesser races within the single human race; Darwinian evolution has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

3. Nature does not figuratively point out who "deserves" to die and who lives. Natural selection simply works on reproductive success. If one organism can foster more offspring than another within the same species; that organism's heritable traits will begin to dominant the gene pool. It's that simple. Again, it cannot be literally applied to the human race to justify murder. Our species' ancestors evolved over time, through species and species, to what me and you are today; !@#$ sapiens. Some poor blokes of our ancestors simply didn't get the chance to knock some females up as much as did some other dudes, but they still were born, lived and died. Yes, the origin of our species was highly (x10) likely to be from Africa aka "The Cradle of Civilization," according to current fossil and other evidence. I do not understand what you were trying to get at with that point though : s

4. Morality and evolution don't go that well together since morality is a concept of our conscience and not something "natural" in a sense as it is a by-product of our natural brain. There is no morality in evolution or nature, it's simply the survival of the fittest (except maybe kin selection). Atheists simply believe that there are no higher powers; it does not mean that they somehow lack a sense of morality which is provided by our conscience. Anyone has the power to do both good and evil, it is our choice for whatever reason. "Treat others as you would like to be treated," is a damn good motto here.

As for specifically addressing the "need," there is no need to be good. Nothing forcefully holds or binds us to a good morality as any of us could choose to be horrible individuals. It boils down to what YOU would prefer as a self-aware individual. Order and kindness? Chaos and hate?

5. I have no comment on this one, interesting point either way xD

6. All I can say is that evolution is not a philosophy but simply an accurate scientific theory. Eugenics is a immoral spin-off of genetics and natural selection which was postulated by mad men.

As for the creationism vs evolution, there really is no debate : / Creationism has no basis in science while evolution does. One has evidence to support it, the other does not. (Not to sound harsh :s)

As to my own beliefs, I simply hope that there is a greater purpose to existence; not much else to be said.
Edited by Riddick#1535 on 4/3/2014 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Atheist.

Don't agree with any religion derived in ignorance and self proclaiming lies.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I absolutely love pumpkin pie.
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 05:59 AMPosted by ScGMongoose

D. All of the above

Many of the names you listed were catholic, and those who were not did not kill/enslave in the name of atheism. Honestly, people still argue with these bull!@#$ pseudo facts? Evolution at its core, translates into, every living thing you see, came from one organism. So yes, technically we are somehow related or tied to a banana.

Good people do good things, and bad people do bad things...but religion, it takes religion to make good people do evil things.

People who get 'offended' or butthurt by evolution, are the ones who need some sort of purpose defining belief. They feel as though they are so important. You are not, I am not. You will die and I will die. Live life being good to oneself and to others. This type of lifestyle is mutually exclusive to all humans. Confucius, Jesus, Buddha etc, aren't original. The story of a christians 2000 year old dead jew is also, not original.
Edited by PsychoDante#1948 on 4/11/2014 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 11:58 PMPosted by KingOfGaia
- Do you believe there is other dimension where you travel after you die?

Of course, there is Valhalla.

- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster. He was boiled alive for our sins.

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?

The church of lols?

All joking aside, I am Christian but I am not a standard Christian. I have my own ideas and beliefs about it. What I get tired of is being categorized in the same boat as Westboro Baptist and Catholics as if that is all we are when in reality the majority of us are just normal people.

I don't believe in the Young Earth idea but I don't believe we evolved from apes. I do believe in evolution, it shows even in human kind. Yes dinosaurs existed, there is too much evidence for them to not have.

Of course we will only know when we are dead. By the time we die though science will find more things and things will change but we will never know everything for sure as we only have been around and recording history for a very short time. Everything we do is a theory and until we die it remains one.
Reply Quote
No
No
No

[quote="123289936099"]7. Christian here, looking forward to the responses! :)[quote]

Hi, non-denominational church and Christian school-raised atheist here. All of your arguments are fundamentally moral in character. That is, you are arguing against evolution due to its negative moral implications and proposing Christianity as an alternative due to its positive moral implications. The problem is that you do not appear to understand what the secular world means by "evolution". You liken it to Social Darwinism and the writings of Darwin himself, neither of which have much of any bearing on secular interpretations of evolution today. It is as if I were to say "Christianity is immoral! Just look at the Crusades!"

If you wish to argue that Creationism is a more morally sound framework for understanding existence than Evolution, and you are concerned with contemporary implications, you can't base your arguments off of hundred-year-old ideas. Reframe your argument in a modern context with a modern understanding of evolution. Consider how Christianity is employed to perpetuate hate and social injustice in the 21st century, and compare this to the employment of evolution. I think you will find yourself grasping at straws to maintain your stance.
Edited by Shad#1129 on 4/22/2014 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am an Ignostic Objectivist Simulationist for very good reasons.
Edited by Salsasweats#1112 on 8/18/2014 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 11:56 AMPosted by PsychoDante
Atheist.

Don't agree with any religion derived in ignorance and self proclaiming lies.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I absolutely love pumpkin pie.

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do now to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed" - Carl Sagan

Atheism is essentially a faith that a negative cannot be proven. Perhaps you should consider the implied consequences of conserving physical information in the entropy of a black hole horizon. You may then begin to unravel the greatest riddle man has ever known.
Edited by Salsasweats#1112 on 4/30/2014 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yes

Yes

Yes
Edited by Dancingmonk#1114 on 7/27/2014 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you in member of church or any other organization

I'm remember my both previous incarnations.
This is a good "other organization" category if it from "other side"?

> Yes
> Yes

Do you believe

Whats i'm doing wrong, if i isn't "believe", i know?
Edited by Layorn#2890 on 7/27/2014 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No

No

No

Also, religion is a plague that is responsible for more death and war then anything else. We need to move past superstition (religion) as a species. Its outdated and it is an evil, vile, disgusting thing.

Now their are good people who do great things, and those people are sometimes religious. Those people are good, but the institution of religion is bad.

People are capable of good deeds without religious dogma, but religion is capable of making good people do terrible things.
Reply Quote

The rational cosmological model I subscribe to and promote views the universe primarily as an information system harboring both open and closed systems. There are other dimensions right in front of us, people just need to see them for what they are.

- Do you believe that there are higher forces that aren't dependent on this world?

Since we do not yet have a unified quantum theory of everything, it is reasonable to deduce that our universe is not yet fully understood. Attempting to answer such a question without complete information is essentially an uneducated guess. Ironically, the most reasonable resolution to the Fermi Paradox is the least comfortable to contemplate. You may find what I have to share extraordinarily disturbing, especially if you can fully comprehend it: http://www.simulationism.net/

- Are you in member of church or any other organization and if you are are you accepting their beliefs or are you there for some other reason?

I know of only one thing with certainty, a destiny cannot be given; it has to be found through the selfish pursuit of one’s own ultimate truth. If you are living off handout truth, this is no better than a lifelong selfish obsession to acquire rusty boat propellers or something else equally trivial. Only the most primitive would make the concept of greed solely about the material. For the greed for knowledge is an inherently good thing.
Edited by Salsasweats#1112 on 8/18/2014 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No

Yes

No.

I stopped believing in "God" when I went to Iraq. If "God" is supposed to be this superior being that loves all of man kind then why would he let even a fraction of the !@#$ I saw over there happen?

In my opinion having a fight about religion is like two kids arguing about who's imaginary friend is better. It's all just a holy fairy tale.
Reply Quote

1. No. We simply return to the earth like Neil Degrasse Tyson said: "I would request that my body, in death, be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna throughout my life."

2. No. Not without scientific evidence that doesn't come from a freaking book called the 'Bible' or 'Quran' etc.

3. No, but used to be. I am an atheist now.
Edited by Seth#6150 on 9/20/2014 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]