Diablo® III

Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility Issues!!

From what I can gather, Windows 7 64-bit is making peoples computer crash. Different graphics cards, same OS, and SAME PROBLEMS. Please help Blizzard!! This game is UNPLAYABLE for more than 3 min for me and I spent 400$ building a PC just for this game. Money well spent....
Reply Quote
running win 7 64 and have yet to crash, you might hit up the technical support forum with your dxdiag and see what they have to say
Reply Quote
same here Win7 64bit no crashes. Update ur motherboard, video and sound drivers, check BIOS for Voltage, memory bus speeds and CPU OC.
Reply Quote
Different graphics cards.

Large list of unsupported vid cards somewhere
Edited by RancidMeat#1155 on 5/30/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I run windows 7 x64 with no issues. Maybe the cheap components you used are causing your crashes $400 is pretty low for a complete system. (usually just a mobo+processor will exceed $400)
Reply Quote
there is more then 1 version of windows 7 64-bit....mine is ultimate
Reply Quote
The version wont matter as the core OS is the same.
Reply Quote
I have Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate, for those who care...), and I have had absolutely zero issues with Diablo III. It ran beautifully once the servers were stable, and has not encountered a single issue yet.

That said, my rig cost more than the OP's by a factor of ten, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Edited by Prometheus#1434 on 5/30/2012 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate, for those who care...), and I have had absolutely zero issues with Diablo III. It ran beautifully once the servers were stable, and has not encountered a single issue yet.

That said, my rig cost more than the OP's by a factor of ten, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I run it on x64 Home Premium, and on x64 Ultimate. Both run flawless with the exception of the server side issues. My video card, however, costs the same as the OP's computer.
Reply Quote
That's great for you guys. Not everyone is having this type of problem, but for the one's that are this seems to be the common component. I also believe it has to do with overclocked GPU's. My game is running better since I took the PhysX off the GPU and put it on the CPU. Now it runs for an hour or so... THEN CRASH... but its better. Another fix I have found it to actually underclock the GPU by a couple hundred, but I'm not ready to void my warranty.

And 400 may be cheap, but its got some balls. I pieced it together from a collection of friends. So its all good components... Just got some friendly prices haha
Reply Quote
@Scooby can u try a different GPU, ie onboard or borrow from afriend. I have win7x64 and diablo3 runs fine for hours on both my gpu and my on board graphics works fine the only things I've overclocked in my system are the CPU and the RAM
Reply Quote
another thing that could be causing your crash is

Compatibility

•Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.
Reply Quote
I've only been running Diablo, but not willing to go out and buy another new GPU when my ASUS GTX 560 ti should be able to crush this game. My CPU is an AMD Athlon II 2.7 ghz and is the weak point of the computer, but still meets requirements. The Windows compatibility does not seem to be the problem either. Just came across a forum with mac users having similar issues. I've also found people with PC's worth over 2 grand having issues, but can run it flawlessly on their tiny laptops. Just something does not make sense with this issue.
Reply Quote
Yes, I heard of similiar problems.
Make sure you download the latest drivers for all of your hardware.
Reply Quote
I've switch between old and new about 4 times with different drivers. Disk scans in between each one. All have the same problem. Some have had luck with the older drivers, but beta drivers never seem to solve anything so far.
Reply Quote
Same issues. Works on my much less powerful laptop, crashes on my desktop.
Reply Quote
Crash how? Black screen? Crash to Desktop?

Black screen means your Graphics card overheated.

Was running on an NX210 and had the same issues, then bought a HD7700 series.
Reply Quote
Yeah I also noticed Nvidia Graphic Cards tend to be more of an issue in D3 than Radeon Graphic Cards.
Reply Quote
Some high end Radeon cards are being affected. But my screen is not black. Just a broken record looped noise then a frozen screen still shot of the game. Card is fine but something is crashing it. Underclocked my GPU by 10% and the crashing has stopped, but still stalls out and lags HORRIBLY. To the point its still almost unplayable. I'm going to try and go down 15% to see if that continues to help
Reply Quote
If you haven't already, You could try a quick stress test with a program like prime95. If you get a rounding error in the first five minutes or so it could help to differentiate the problem as being hardware and not software.

This was how I found out I had to ease up a bit on my memory timings a while back. (Specifically command rate.)

gl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]