Diablo® III

Increase Attack Speed Modifier does not work?

I found this thread posted on May 22 on Diablo fans that says that the Increased % Attack Speed modifier on gear does not have an effect, while the Attack Speed Increase % does work correctly.

i.e. Increased Attack Speed by 9% does NOT work
while Attack Speed Increased by 9% does work

Note that I have not tested this myself or encountered this bug as of yet but here is the thread for reference:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/43549-attack-speed-increased-vs-increases-attack-speed/page__p__903038#entry903038
Reply Quote
This is a known issue list on the known issue thread. This will be updated in a future patch. Please search forums for your issue before creating another thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the "Increases attack speed by X%" is meant to be on weapons only. This directly increases the weapon speed and you see it displayed. For instance, a 2 hand weapon has .9 attacks per second normally but with increased attacked speed it is 1.01 or whatever the % is.

The "Attack Speed increased by X%" is what should be on armor since it increases your general attack speed. But it is definitely a bug to look out for and not get a bad piece of armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]