Diablo® III

Extremely bad lag / latency

85 Troll Death Knight
Ever since the patch has come out I havent been able to play Diablo for more than 10 minutes due the fact that i've got a constant 500ms compared to my old 150 and also I freeze up for like 5 seconds, when it loads back I am usually dead, It's making the game extremely un enjoyable and I'm really disliking my time while playing it. Just wondering if anyone else is having lag issues since the patch has come foward.
Reply Quote
You are not the only one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578589985

Although it has gotten a bit better now every couple of minutes the entire game would freeze up and all my actions would be rubber banding on its self.

Edit: spoke too soon. My game just lag froze for 3 minutes straight. I can issue commands, my character does the actions, but nothing happens.
Edited by StarchCraft#1709 on 5/30/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
This is exactly what is happening to me, I dont know much about how servers work but its like you're sending the data off just not recieving?
Reply Quote
Mine is doing the same as well...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Well while this is going on, Until they fix it i know where i'll be... WoW or LoL depending on what i feel like
Reply Quote
Same here. Recently I get horrible lag spikes. While fighting I generally lag out every 4-5 seconds and it lasts about 2-3 seconds. Very annoying and makes game difficult to play. And yes, it is lag because my character will still move but nothing else in the world moves.
Reply Quote
I've got like a full 3 seconds of lag and like 3 fps.... Time for some D2 WC3 or LoL
Reply Quote
all my system requirements are met!
i have a 9400 >.< !
and thats the only reason the game is laggin like hell!
i cant move from one place to the other without monsters spawning all over my Freaking space!
what should i do?
Reply Quote
Its not PC related.its on their end
Reply Quote
okay, even after the new patch today I'm still having this issue.

My bar would be green, then after a while I would get hit by a huge lag spike. I can issue commands to my characters but no reaction or anything. Then after half a minute to a minute lag catches up, and I will be dead.

Anyone else still experiencing this?
Reply Quote
Yep, I still have the same issue, game was fine all last week until around sunday where I would get my ping skyrocketing up to 1.4k+ as soon as I charged into combat. Had limited success with the Leatrix Latency Fix utility, for several minutes I can play just fine and then all of a sudden back to what has been happening, ping jumps up, freeze in place for 10-15 seconds, wind up dead as soon as it catches up.
Reply Quote
I have had this problem for the past 4 weeks now. I have had my ISP come out and check the modem and router; I checked my system for viruses - NONE; all my game patches, hardware and software drivers are up to date; I took my computer to Fry's to have it completely stress tested and each component stress tested, and everything is in working order - HD, DDR Ram, CPU, GPU, PowerSupply, Mobo, etc, nothing wrong. I am still waiting for an actual call back after 5 pm for voice to voice tech support. I have tried everything that I can think of. I have tried all the various work arounds from the notes on the forum, but to no avail. Same as you folks, after about 2 to 5 , sometimes 10 minutes, I can move around, but not really do anything and everything in the foreground is frozen. Once the game is unfrozen, I am either dead or barely alive. It lags to teleport to town, it lags while in town to view your chest, it lags just to exchange or buy stuff from the merchants; it lags while in Auction House, and then finally, it lags and freezes just to exit the game to get to the desktop.

Really frustrating. Can't play this game, and can't play BF3 either because I get "game disconnected, your connection to the server timed out" error. I can play other multiplayer games on my computer just fine, but D3 and BF3 are broken :(
Reply Quote
D3 and BF3 are broken for me as well. Every other game seems to work fine. I've had my ISP over to change modems, wiring, but no luck. Blizzard is just telling me to contact my ISP.

I'm going back to Median XL, at least I don't have to rely on internet connection and play it when I travel or what not when I'm offline.
Reply Quote
it had happen all over the World please fix it instant of asking us to contact ISP.
Reply Quote
Well,

I tried one thing that I ran across the internet somewhere when I did a search regarding this problem. I went back to the September driver update for the nVidia Geforce GTX 660. I presume that when you download a driver update for a particular card, that it is all inclusive for that series and/or generation of video cards and contains the update for those family of video cards, if you will. At any rate, I rolled back to the September driver update, I believe it was the 295.73 update, installed it and gave it a go. Guess what? I was actually able to play for almost (1) hour before that stuttering, freezing, lagging crap came back. But, it was only for a minute or two, than the system ran good for another 5 to 10 minutes. But, it looks like it came back, but not as bad for the next 10 to 15 minutes. However, during Act III grinding, I did die once, and almost died during my house call visit to Azmodon. However, through the lag and latency, stuttering on this final mission, I was able to kill him without dying. I also scaled back the video settings that many recommended here as well, and at least I was able to play for almost a solid hour without a hiccup.

I think I may even download a whole bunch of older drivers and try each one to see which one works best. But, this has been the brightest bit of news I have had in a month since this started on my computer. I realized that many of you have had this problem perhaps longer, but, if you have not yet tried this, go ahead and give it a try if you have a nVidia graphics card.
Reply Quote
hYlAnDeRof1, did you have any luck with the old drivers?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]