Diablo® III

DH wep question Please help!

82 Orc Warlock
Hello fellow players,i have a question about Dh weps. I am trying to understand what is better.

I have 2 examples here. Both xbows with ias.

xbow1:
1181.2 dps
669-1069 damage
1.35 attacks per sec
262-566 ligtning dmg
ias 23

xbow2:
1134.2 dps
694-1115
1.25 attacks per sec
278-583 fire dmg
ias 14

I would like to know what bow is better and why? please help. am i supposed to look at dps,damage,attacks per sec or ias? Also if i see a bow with lowed damage but it has crit hit dmg is it better than a bow with pure damage? what if bow had good end damage but no ias,is it still worth it?

Yjamk you in advance.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warlock
^
Reply Quote
You'll do more damage with the higher DPS weapon. Although since it's a bit faster you'll go through your hatred more quickly (though you'll regen more quickly when using hungering arrow, too). But stats like improved attack speed and +damage are included in the weapon DPS that's listed. So you should look at DPS.

It's tricky since the AH doesn't show us +/- damage (it really should). But generally speaking higher DPS is better. That's not ALWAYs true... if you have a bow that's 10 dps higher than another, but the lower DPS bow has like 100 dex and the higher dps bow doesn't -- then the lower dps bow will be better in that case.

But most of the time, higher DPS wins.
Edited by meep#1395 on 5/31/2012 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IAS on the weapon is shown in the DPS on the weapon. DPS is probably the biggest thing you'll be looking at. You will also be looking at attacks per second though since any damage or relevant modifiers you add from other equipment will add more DPS the faster you attack. There's also a thought that if you're kiting, you want to worry more about how much damage each attack does since in Inferno you're not going to be just standing and shooting all the time. I don't really worry about it too much though since generally you'll get higher gains from faster attacks per second weapons and between similar DPS weapons in this game you usually won't get huge differences in overall damage per shot.

To summarize, DPS is the most important thing, IAS or no IAS. After that, consider the merits of similar DPS bows compared to your build.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warlock
ok,that makes sense,thank you.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warlock
just curious,if there is a xbow like lets say 1000.1dps with 20ias and 45 crit hit dmg and another one with 1200.1dps with 17ias and no crit,which one would be better
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]