Diablo® III

Inferno difficulty is -perfectly- tuned

Requiring Act3-4 Inferno gear to beat act 2 is imbalanced.
Reply Quote
yeah, since that's what I said, that all purchases are inherently imbalanced, instead of just act 3 and 4 gear being put up by demon hunters and purchased by people who resell and camp the AH to possibly be geared this fast. that is indeed what I said and I'm glad you called me on it with your enveloping wit.

it's really no wonder you've cleared act 4, you're some sort of genius!
Reply Quote
I can't stand WotB personally. I'd rather kill things slowly than carry around an ability with a short up-time and long cooldown. Nothing annoys me more than dying with WotB up and having to wait 2 minutes to retry the elite pack that just killed me.

I'm with the OP. You don't need WotB. You can kill things without it but it might take longer. I'd rather have consistent survivability than a "hope you kill them with it cause otherwise you're running around without a defensive cooldown for 2 min"

I use a very similar build to the OP but I use Ignore Pain instead of Threatening Shout and I'm currently using Inspiring Presence in place of Superstition but may try changing it out.

That said I'm only halfway through Act 2 but it did require farming Act 1 and buying stuff off the AH. I think Inferno would be extremely hard to do if you didn't buy things off the AH and had to farm for everything yourself.
Reply Quote
Act 2 can be cleared with just act 2 gear. Act 2 gear spawns 40-50 all resist. You don't need the 77+ all resist 210+ str gears to clear act 2.

Where did this we need act 4 gear to clear act 2 crap come from?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 04:34 AMPosted by Eyeless

Requiring act 3-4 gear in act 2 makes you a bad player.

Gear from higher acts makes it a lot easier (practically faceroll once you get enough resists and dps), but Inferno is not supposed to be easy, you know...
Reply Quote
Nobody fed me gear because while my DH/wiz friends are still doing Siegebreaker runs, I'm doing 5 stack diablo kills.

I still can't believe how retarded people are that they think WotB is actually a good skill. It does nothing 87.5% of the time; it's substantially less DPS than zerker rage. Any challenging mob pack will take you a lot longer than 15s to kill, which requires a build/playstyle that lets you sustain rather than graveyard zerg/wait.

It's also good for chasing down mobs when you're getting vortexed around, chasing teleports, champs that run away, fast ones, ones that knock you back. I mean. It's pretty damn consistent you run into these packs. It also makes sure you don't lose a goblin if he accidentally gets startled and you need to chase him down past a lot of enemies. Not to mention the increased survivability with 20% dodge.

From pack to pack, usually the cooldown is up, and trash mobs don't pose too much of a threat so otherwise it's rather unnecessary there.

And just on a side note, recasting rage every 30 seconds is annoying. Especially in the heat of a battle.

Quickly calling anyone who uses a solid skill retarded, makes you the retard.
Edited by EpicBeast#1268 on 5/31/2012 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mikey, can you add me on realid to ask you a few questions, Conzi#2900?
Reply Quote
Act 2 can be cleared with just act 2 gear. Act 2 gear spawns 40-50 all resist. You don't need the 77+ all resist 210+ str gears to clear act 2.

the point is we know you broke the progression somehow so your original opinion is invalid and your smugness is insufferable. we're all breaking the progression because no one wants to do the actual hardcore farming in act 1 or 2 rather than just selling the few decent drops for other classes that we can be asked to farm, buying the cheapest gear with the next act's affixes (that ranged classes farmed) and slowly breaking our faces against acts 2 and 3. you just have less of a life or are better at playing the AH or got fed gear, nobody cares which but it's tiresome to read "this game is balanced perfectly!" from the guy who is walking proof that it isn't.

I just have to mention in an edit how stupid your comparison of wotb to berserker rage in terms of "dps" is. in the fights that actually matter, i.e. elite/unique fights, wotb will add so much more damage in the 15 or even 30 seconds it's up than berserker rage can ever hope to. gratz, you can run around doing more damage to normal mobs that you should have even less chance of dying to than most barbs because you have one more survivability CD than most. how terribly important and genius of you to have dropped such a retard skill.
Edited by Torgairon#1228 on 5/31/2012 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

this guys spoken like a tru AH shopper...so cluelesssssssssssssss. U can clear act 2, hell it not tht hard. Skip elite+rare and jump right to Bosses and kite, but then, how can u farm?

Mikey, many have come in here like u; saying inferno is blance, while u bought all gears from the AH; IN which were farmed By ACT 4 people. So yea, correct me if am wrong, how did u farm act 2 then? enlighten me. I got 834 all elemental resist, 954Physical. DPS is 20k with a 2handed polearm, 32k
Reply Quote

this guys spoken like a tru AH shopper...so cluelesssssssssssssss. U can clear act 2, hell it not tht hard. Skip elite+rare and jump right to Bosses and kite, but then, how can u farm?

Mikey, many have come in here like u; saying inferno is blance, while u bought all gears from the AH; IN which were farmed By ACT 4 people.

So yea, correct me if am wrong, how did u farm act 2 then? enlighten me. I got 834 all elemental resist, 954Physical. DPS is 20k with a 2handed polearm, 32k hp. And i struggle with elites/rare, Hell, i have to skip most of them molten, jailor, blazer, drescator, acarne, knock back, freeze. How did u manage to get by?
Reply Quote
DPS is 20k with a 2handed polearm, 32k

Rofl, this is your problem.

It's also good for chasing down mobs when you're getting vortexed around, chasing teleports, champs that run away, fast ones, ones that knock you back. I mean. It's pretty damn consistent you run into these packs.

It's an ability where you trade off overall damage for burst damage (which doesn't matter since elite packs will take you MUCH longer than 15s) and CC immunity. You have many ways to remove/disjoint CCs, so why take a skill that causes you to deal less damage. Why even take a skill that helps you deal damage when surviving the incoming damage is the only thing preventing barbs from proceeding to the higher acts?

If you're going to take WotB to zerg down elite packs, then take Earthquake and go all in with it as well.

I totally forgot how retarded the official blizzard forums are. Whiners claim act 2/3/4 is impossible; you show them otherwise and they claim you cheated, played the auction house, got fed gear, got carried, etc. etc.

You. can. beat. late. act 2. by. farming. early. act. 2. Maghda runs are easy. I did it, you can do it too. Accuse me of lying if you wish, but this is truth.
Edited by Warguyver#1300 on 5/31/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 04:34 AMPosted by Eyeless

this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Unless you can support your claim with screenshots depicting your gear/stats then you can go back to WoW.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Mikey

It's also good for chasing down mobs when you're getting vortexed around, chasing teleports, champs that run away, fast ones, ones that knock you back. I mean. It's pretty damn consistent you run into these packs.

It's an ability where you trade off overall damage for burst damage (which doesn't matter since elite packs will take you MUCH longer than 15s) and CC immunity. You have many ways to remove/disjoint CCs, so why take a skill that causes you to deal less damage. Why even take a skill that helps you deal damage when surviving the incoming damage is the only thing preventing barbs from proceeding to the higher acts?

If you're going to take WotB to zerg down elite packs, then take Earthquake and go all in with it as well.

I totally forgot how retarded the official blizzard forums are. Whiners claim act 2/3/4 is impossible; you show them otherwise and they claim you cheated, played the auction house, got fed gear, got carried, etc. etc.

You. can. beat. late. act 2. by. farming. early. act. 2. Maghda runs are easy. I did it, you can do it too. Accuse me of lying if you wish, but this is truth.

nobody's saying it's impossible, they're saying to have beat it this early you clearly got fed gear from higher acts which invalidates your premise that "inferno is perfectly tuned" because it brings up the ever-present fact that exploits exist to get you some of your act 4 gear and DH being broken exist to get you the rest.

well, I'm saying that, anyway.

also, there's no real analogue for maghda in act 3, no foothold that I can clearly see to get your bearings in terms of gear. the only answer is to go in from the start as geared as you possibly can, and there's no way your methods are pure with the way the AH and the overall economy are.
Edited by Torgairon#1228 on 5/31/2012 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Siegebreaker runs with Tyrael carrying you. Do some research on how to farm, I'm doing you a favor.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Mikey

Hi Mikey. I'm at act 3 now with my barb, and I agree with most of what you've said in this thread. Apart from one thing.

WotB. I find it impossible to do anything without this skill, and I hate the 2 min wait if I use it at the wrong time etc. I'd love to remove it from my build.

When I engage a champion pack, I want to burn down one of them asap, in order to be able to fight 2 vs 1 instead of 3 vs 1. When I'm using Threatening Shout I can't land that first kill, and end up dying without having killed anything. What am I doing wrong? Do you just aoe down all of the elites/champions or do you focus on one target?

This is me btw:
Buffed with War Cry and Enchantress:

1300 Strength
450 Dex
190 Int
950 Vitality

39k hp
22k dps (+ 25% when full fury)

68-72% resist all elements
9345 Armor

My build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXRPVk!bVc!aabZcc
Reply Quote
oh, so I just get carried past ghom and everything else by a non-terrible class, or just run past everything, all to get carried by an NPC.

inferno is perfectly tuned, guys.

like, you understand that I'd be willing to concede some of these points if your thread title wasn't so moronic, right?
Edited by Torgairon#1228 on 5/31/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This mikey is too full of himself to realize the MANY, many flaws in his statement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
you can get gear from act 2 that will allow you to beat act 2. you need to get a lot of drops to roll the right affixes and in high amounts, but it is possible. this would take weeks, if not months to do. the other option is to get gear from the higher acts that has decent affixes with modest numbers (for their ilvl) for cheap.

if blizzard did not allow wiz/dh to get through act 4 so quickly by hotfixing faster we would all be farming act 2/3 gear for the same stats that people are getting on cheap act 3/4 gear, and the prices on this gear would be extremely high, as it would be in short supply. It is possible to play solo, but it takes a hell of a lot longer. if you want to stay on par with the people who used so called 'cheap' mechanics/kiting to get through inferno then you buy the gear. if you want to complain about it, you are more than welcome to take a month and go farm godly act 2 affix rolls like we would have been doing had the hotfix been resolved before launch.

Enough already, let's keep the forums constructive.
-Teebs
Edited by Teebs#1197 on 5/31/2012 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]