Diablo® III

Overpowered!

Just made a DH after 40 hours as a barb.. what a difference in power!! DH chews through everything in its path ridiculously easy!
Reply Quote
..........lol
Reply Quote
Haha..
Reply Quote
Well you're coming from playing a barb....That basically sums it up....
Reply Quote
Stacked up dex and vit equals god mode with a DH. Do the same with a monk and it will still die a lot. I do not know if it is a fundamental problem with the system but I think the DH takes less damage overall. I remember going at those 4 armed giant mallet demons on my monk and getting 1 shotted, then going against them with my DH and hardly taking any damage.

One of the other reasons they are overpowered is that the attacks do not lose strength after the first few demons they hit, for example I have killed 20+ demons just hitting Multishot once. I think the attacks should either lose AP as they hit demons, or have a distance loss of damage to increase the difficulty.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
06/03/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Luneder
I do not know if it is a fundamental problem with the system but I think the DH takes less damage overall. I remember going at those 4 armed giant mallet demons on my monk and getting 1 shotted, then going against them with my DH and hardly taking any damage.
Use a little common sense here. You don't take any damage on the DH because you can stay ranged while you DPS the mallet lord down, opposed to the monk/barb you have to be in melee range in order to DPS it. However, I guarantee if/when a DH is within melee range of most mobs, especially a mallet lord, you will get 1 or 2 shot. And yes I speak from experience as I have both a DH and a monk with nearly 60 hrs each.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
06/03/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Luneder
but I think the DH takes less damage overall

That's because 99% of DH's go glass cannon, which means 1 touch of damage in Act 2 and beyond = insta-death.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
Please dont say DH are op, we have high high damage but low !@#$ health (ie we get one shot).
mine has less than 12K health with 55Kdps without sharp shooter all dex no vital aw ye.
Reply Quote
Mallet lords slow attack is easy to dodge even for melee, just have to go behind him when he starts the attack animation, he can't turn around during the attack.
Reply Quote
so?
Reply Quote
This guy CERTAINLY hasn't been to Hell mode or Inferno. It is true, in nightmare and normal you face roll, but as soon as you step into hell it changes dramatically.

You have to buy gear on the AH, i mean HAVE to, because the gear for your level is in act 4 when you are in act 1. Kiting becomes retarded when facing Fast mobs or mortar mobs and the ever so f'in annoying reflect mobs (i have been one shot myself on inferno many times, i have 30k hp. And with my latency i can only fire ONE shot of my NORMAL or right click ability when kiting a mortar mob. A shield + reflect + mortar = gg for any DH with no resist or hp.

DH may do EPIC damage, but i think and feel you depend more on gear then on skill once in inferno (hell is still doable just a little harder) you have to be able to kill them in 10-20 seconds because no matter how pro a kiter you are, you will be corpse running a LOT.

I find DH fits a group setting more then anything. Same with Witch doctor and barb. At least all the barbs i have seen in inferno(when in group) can take over 30 hits from a elite unless its a uber AOE mob. Then i can kite and kill it without him/her.

If anything we need a buff to our survival skills. Make our Smoke make us immortal for duration, or when we tumble not let us be hit or make us immortal for its whole animation. We still need to juggle when to use it to conserve our Discipline... Atm we are uber glass cannons even with 100+ resist in all types and armor out the butt. We are so glass we make wine glasses look like bullet proof glass.
Reply Quote
umm in counter to what people are saying about one hit will kill you, you just do not know how to stack up vitality and dex, at level 41 I have around 19,000hp, and 1000 dexterity giving 30% dodge. As long as you keep the gear current it is damn near impossible for anything to kill you without having to work hard at it. On nightmare mode act two, even the largest strongest bosses will only hit for 4k-5k. To most people the barbarian would look like the defensive class due to strength increasing armor, but when you add in dex increasing dodge and the gear armor being the same then it matters less.

I guess the other thing I have to take into account is, have the rest of you even bothered to buy gear out of the AH as you were leveling up, or did you all go old school and farm up gear that is definitely well below current level and stats needed.
Reply Quote
http://oi49.tinypic.com/syt28h.jpg

^My level 51 demon hunter with level 40ish gear, level 51 crossbow doing almost 14k dps.

Balanced right?
Reply Quote
DH is still more fun to play than spamming revenge until your fingers bleed.
Reply Quote
umm in counter to what people are saying about one hit will kill you, you just do not know how to stack up vitality and dex, at level 41

you havent been to inferno yet
Reply Quote
View profile
http://oi49.tinypic.com/syt28h.jpg

^My level 51 demon hunter with level 40ish gear, level 51 crossbow doing almost 14k dps.

Balanced right?

Congratulations on stacking dex above 1000 with sharpshooter.
Oh and just in case you don't have sharpshooter (which I'm pretty sure you do.) you're also stacking crit damage on your gear.

k. your move.
I give you "D" for the effort you put in trying to pull a fast one on experienced DH's.
Edited by antiviolenc3#1957 on 6/3/2012 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
umm in counter to what people are saying about one hit will kill you, you just do not know how to stack up vitality and dex, at level 41 I have around 19,000hp, and 1000 dexterity giving 30% dodge. As long as you keep the gear current it is damn near impossible for anything to kill you without having to work hard at it. On nightmare mode act two, even the largest strongest bosses will only hit for 4k-5k. To most people the barbarian would look like the defensive class due to strength increasing armor, but when you add in dex increasing dodge and the gear armor being the same then it matters less.

I guess the other thing I have to take into account is, have the rest of you even bothered to buy gear out of the AH as you were leveling up, or did you all go old school and farm up gear that is definitely well below current level and stats needed.
I'm sure most of the ppl here making the comments are either in hell or inferno and have spent hundreds of thousands if not millions of gold getting gear. The current content you are on, yes we were there before too, is irrelevant because it 'was' easy. You too 'will' get one shot if you are hit by any boss/mob no matter how much dex/vit gear you stack.
Reply Quote
thats why reflect mobs exist. i honestly think reflect champs with reflect minions are DHs' worst nightmare.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 09:07 PMPosted by emzarate
umm in counter to what people are saying about one hit will kill you, you just do not know how to stack up vitality and dex, at level 41

you havent been to inferno yet
eah, I had to lol when I read this... when I was 41 stacking more vit than dex was actually the key to some bosses, and it wasn't very hard to kill everything else.

Now I'm 53 and the balance is definitely swinging in the glass cannon direction, but there's still some use to vit.

But the point is... I do read the forums, and am assuming that 40jillion people pointing out that Inferno makes you choose between <survive 2 hits> or <kill a single mob in under a week> are arriving at this consensus for a reason.

So anyway, yeah. It's fun to see a player in Nightmare telling everyone else they don't know their class, lol.
Reply Quote
Are people seriously trying to argue that the Barb class is on par with the DH?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]