Diablo® III

Act II Snakes..

Can we tone them down a bit? Inferno mode they just vanish..not to mention the elite snakes always have mortar/teleport/illusion it seems. Impossible to kite them or stand and fight at all.
Reply Quote
I just wish I could shoot them while they're stealthed, seems dumb that I can't since I know where they are.
Reply Quote
Agreed 1000%. That's ten times more than 100%. I'm in agreement as if It were ten different people all agreeing with you. They're just so op since they're stealthed pretty much the entire time they're not in melee range.
Reply Quote
Caltrops + 2s freeze rune will help you. That 2s save you alot in A2. Everytime one snake got caught up in the trap move back and place another one, you must remember how many of them are left in order to put the same amount of trap.

About the elite, just skip. The magus snake elite can be kited and killed very easy but those melee snake are just a pita.

Ofc there are other build like Sentry + 15% dmg reduce with SP 65% Gloom tanking etc... even SS works. Find the one that suit you the most.

On the other hand, the dmg of the mobs in Act 2 is just retarded, it's either you use money(on AH) to slap those mob or exploit some bug to get through Belial.
Edited by Aryelco#1116 on 6/3/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just skip the snake elites, they drop utter crap anyway. Good loot is in act 4, but you can start with act 3.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Pestilence
Stealthed snakes walk right through traps. I've had it happen many times with caltrops/spike traps.

He's saying drop the stun-runed caltrops then stand in them. When a snake comes out of stealth they are stunned before swinging and you have 2 seconds to kill them before you get gibbed by the horde of snakes surrounding you.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 03:31 PMPosted by brinebold
He's saying drop the stun-runed caltrops then stand in them. When a snake comes out of stealth they are stunned before swinging and you have 2 seconds to kill them before you get gibbed by the horde of snakes surrounding you.

I'm pretty sure that it's not 2 seconds in inferno mode. I think inferno mode reduces the time enemies are cc'd. Additionally, I think elite mobs are already cc'd for a reduced amount of time before that. It's more like they are stunned for .5 seconds.
Reply Quote
They are really easy. Count a few seconds and track their shimmer. Before they strike, SS and run.
Reply Quote
They honestly aren't a huge problem except for phase 1 of the Belial fight tbh, but hardly impossible to kill.
Reply Quote
I honestly had more difficulty with them in Hell mode than Inferno, basically because I learned how to deal with them along the way. Seriously was only killed by them 3 or 4 times while progressing through Act II, not counting elites or the Belial phase 2. When you see them coming towards you while invisible, just shoot 'n scoot as if you were kiting. When they get close enough, they'll uncloak and eat Nether Tentacles (or whatever) before they have a chance to hit you. At this point, you can SS if you need to, but don't run too far or they'll cloak again right after. After you first SS, they'll focus on your companions for enough time for you to go all out and quickly kill them.
Edited by Brenok#1147 on 6/3/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 04:13 PMPosted by PVStar
They honestly aren't a huge problem except for phase 1 of the Belial fight tbh, but hardly impossible to kill.

Phase 1 is easy...

caltrops with immobilize rune. You don't even need to SS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I dont like them either, but they arent really a problem in the Belial fight. Also, its 2 seconds of immobilize, not stun, they can still hit you. I use the speed reduction rune, since the immobilize only affects targets inside the trap when its sprun, and not mobs that move into it afterwards. I get a lot more distance and fire time with 80% speed reduction to all of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]