Diablo® III

I Bought My Dell XPS 15 For Games...

...and it runs WoW way better than my old rig (Inspiron 15R), but...

Even at lowest settings it gives me very poor response rate. There is both visual and - unless it is just an optical illusion via poor fps - key command lag. The image runs smoothly but everything is delayed. It makes the boss fights especially - at least anything outside the pathetic Maghda - hard when there is a lot of movement involved.

Any tips, fixes? Other than junking my comp... ;-)
Reply Quote
Well comparing how your computer runs WoW to D3 is pretty silly considering how old WoW is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Delayed is pretty much D3 server issue / your network issue

I have a "powerful rig" and I see some lag between when I press an ability / or move, and when the character actually does
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Maethros
Well comparing how your computer runs WoW to D3 is pretty silly considering how old WoW is.

But WoW is eternal! ;-)

I bought the new comp in order to defeat the evil lag on the water bosses in Dragon Soul, and it worked beautifully for that.

I was lured by things like "2Mb NVDIA 540GT" and "Optimus," only to realize that the optimus had to do with optimizing battery life not graphic performance. But it does seem that if I hook it up to my TV via HDMI that I can get around the Intel HD limitation. Then all I have to do is get used to sitting on my couch and interacting with the game a few feet away...
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Fleetwood

But WoW is eternal! ;-)

I bought the new comp in order to defeat the evil lag on the water bosses in Dragon Soul, and it worked beautifully for that.

I was lured by things like "2Mb NVDIA 540GT" and "Optimus," only to realize that the optimus had to do with optimizing battery life not graphic performance. But it does seem that if I hook it up to my TV via HDMI that I can get around the Intel HD limitation. Then all I have to do is get used to sitting on my couch and interacting with the game a few feet away...

vidock is an option for laptop users, but you should be fine with that set up and medium setings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]