Diablo® III

Does Anyone use Cleave in Inferno?

I don't understand why people use sidearm at all, I think it is utterly horrid.

Frenzy + Maniac and use Hammer of the Ancients with increased damage rune then come talk to me =)
Edited by Trignama#1577 on 6/6/2012 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am actually using very very fast weaponry. I use a 1.4% sword plus IAS on rings, ammy and gloves. I have about 2.05 base attack speed. It lets me alternate between frenzy and cleave more effectively and build up the frenzy quicker. So I have the best of both worlds. I can single target DPS and throw in cleaves whenever the mobs gets thick enough to justify it. And throw in revenge when health is dropping... or just because.

Frenzy + runspeed? I guess if you're not using sprint. I use sprint instead and it's much faster than frenzy run bonus, plus good for traveling and escaping and maybe those whirlwinds will help leech more life (going to try that later).
Edited by Rize#1111 on 6/6/2012 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people use sidearm at all, I think it is utterly horrid.

Frenzy + Maniac and use Hammer of the Ancients with increased damage rune then come talk to me =)

all these PvM clear inferno builds will die off once PvP is introduced then ppl will be back on board the maniac bandwagon
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Rize
I would love to be able to fit both Frenzy AND Cleave on my mouse, but frankly so many skills become mandatory to clear act 2 and act 3 that it just isn't realistic

Ah, that's not a problem for me because I'm using a 360 controller (need a 3rd party joytokey program to make it work). I get really bad carpal tunnel if I use a mouse for long enough to play any PC games. Anyway, so that gives me 4 action buttons instead of 2. I only need 3 for this build (Frenzy on X, cleave on A, Revenge on Y, Sprint on R bumper, War Cry on R shoulder, WotB on B).

I used a similar setup with my xbox controller do play the arcade minigame in SC2. When I first played D3 beta I thought how awesome it would be with controller support. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.
Reply Quote
I used cleave to defeat belial and his snakes on inferno, btw I use a 2handed axe w/ lotsa crit dmg and ias, but no LoH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]