Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

Can we make them not so friendly?

There are times when I'd really love my beautiful Enchantress/Templar/Scoundrel to not play patty cake with my silly goblin/mana battery from Golden Axe.

PS This makes me batty.

PPS They're so from Golden Axe.
Community Manager
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)
Hopefully this means summoned pets as well? I really hate when my ferrets run off and engage elite packs and goblins. Never ends well.
Do the pet options from Hunters on WoW
06/08/2012 01:56 PMPosted by BloodBrother

They should always be on Defensive. They don't attack unless you get hit or attack.
Now hold on a min... A tank should inicate and grab agro, and that is exactly what my tanklar does...
06/08/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Jmoney

They should always be on Defensive. They don't attack unless you get hit or attack.

Awesome stuff bro
Edited by BloodBrother#1210 on 6/8/2012 2:03 PM PDT
06/08/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Nicodemous
Now hold on a min... A tank should inicate and grab agro, and that is exactly what my tanklar does...
At least in the lower level difficulties.
AAArrg. Followers and pets attacking treasure goblins makes me want to punch my kitty.

That is not a euphemism.
06/08/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Jmoney
Hopefully this means summoned pets as well? I really hate when my ferrets run off and engage elite packs and goblins. Never ends well.

This is what a ferrets do, have you not seen Beast Master?
Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

Remove enrage timers while you're at it because that's another thing that discriminates against certain classes.
Edited by Shillen#1776 on 6/8/2012 2:08 PM PDT
u cannot make the followers defensive or only attack the target ur attacking because ranged classes use the templar as a tank and a tank needs to be able to get aggro from EVERYTHING i nthe area, not just the 1 target im attacking at the time.

id rather see something like a pet bar that allows me to command the follower
06/08/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Nicodemous

Yes, but I only want him to go after stuff that is aggro'd on me, not stuff that is just sitting there idling. I don't want him pulling more stuff into the fight. When he does that I yell, "Stupid derplar!" at the screen.
Edited by Dekra#1994 on 6/8/2012 2:09 PM PDT
I now have a terrible urge to play some Golden Axe.
PLEASE Blizzard fix Tyrael aswell he always aggro goblins in the middle of 20 mobs when im doing siegebreaker runs
06/08/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Stark
I now have a terrible urge to play some Golden Axe.
Off-topic I know, but someone remind me the name of the Sega Genesis game that was a co-op, top down, action RPG, very similar to Diablo... Anyone?
While their added MF is nice, the first time this happened I dismissed it as it chased the goblin away from me

Edit: still not using them as their bonus isnt even worth that happening again
Edited by Willee#1942 on 6/8/2012 2:20 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]