Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

Worse than followers, doing Inferno runs with my Monk, the Enchantress will stand at the door with me while my Mystic Ally runs up and punches the nearest elite in the face. The incoming repair bill hike better coincide with the AI adjustment. Just sayin.
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

don't forget monk, wd and dh pets.

06/08/2012 02:20 PMPosted by NightGecko
Worse than followers, doing Inferno runs with my Monk, the Enchantress will stand at the door with me while my Mystic Ally runs up and punches the nearest elite in the face. The incoming repair bill hike better coincide with the AI adjustment. Just sayin.

I understand your pain:
http://i.imgur.com/ozGge.jpg
Edited by KaXaSA#1701 on 6/8/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Off-topic I know, but someone remind me the name of the Sega Genesis game that was a co-op, top down, action RPG, very similar to Diablo... Anyone?

Gauntlet ?
Sorry, I did miss read, that is a bit annoying when they got for the TGs... They are not a threat, I like that he runs at threats...
06/08/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Arsiel
Gauntlet ?

I loved the Gauntlet series.

Also, while this change would be handy, there are LOADS of other things I'd prefer to see before this happens. Having your helper go aggro anything is a pain, but not game breaking.
06/08/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Arsiel
Off-topic I know, but someone remind me the name of the Sega Genesis game that was a co-op, top down, action RPG, very similar to Diablo... Anyone?

Gauntlet ?
Nah, thinking of a different one. Very similar gameplay though.
Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

I'm a barb, fix your dps and when you hit them it interrupts the portal. The killing 100 goblin banner brought a smile to my face.
06/08/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Cordoba

Gauntlet ?
Nah, thinking of a different one. Very similar gameplay though.

Streets of Rage?... granted, there's no gear changing or leveling up or abilities that don't really require mashing buttons. That and it's more in the style of Double Dragon/Battle Toad
i feel like the follower AI needs some major tweaking in general...
they seem to use skills in really inappropriate times too,
enchantress' mass control is virtually useless even though it's a great skill,
she cast that thing anyway regardless of rather your character was surrounded by enemy...

it'd be nice if the followers' AI can be configured like in dragon age, but i'm not sure if that's possible in this game :/
It would be nice just to reduce the aggro radius of them to 20-30 yards. The D2 mercs actually had the same AI as these turkeys, except you didn't also have problems with TPs taking 5 seconds because they overpulled for you or potions on CDs because the merc can't do a ready check to see you at 5% health and NOT ready for another pull.

It's actually amazing nobody doing internal testing didn't complain about this and get it fixed.
And a movement AI similar to firechains champions would be nice, but used to run out of stuff not to surround the player.
06/08/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Lunar
PLEASE Blizzard fix Tyrael aswell he always aggro goblins in the middle of 20 mobs when im doing siegebreaker runs

The thing is Tyrael is a baws.

Also, Tanklar is not a tank, he dies in 2 hits. Tanks do not die in 2 hits. If they are ctc capped it takes 3-4 hits and that's without them using abilities.

additional to that, templar can barely pull argo....
it'd be nice if we could get better AI so the enchantress only throws mass control when theres an enemy close to you instead of when no ones around.
It might also be nice to at least have a few preset profiles for the AI for followers, like some other games do. Granular configuration might be beyond the scope of this game, but being able to set something like "Protect me" or "Attack on sight" or "do nothing unless attacked" would be quite handy.
whenever i see a treasure goblin, my first reaction is to dismiss my follower.

also... http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/34843-goldenaxe7.gif

they say imitation is a form of flattery. or perhaps its a homage, idk.
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

It'd be awesome if they got more inherent defense from the players characters as well, they have less armor slots than in D2 which leaves them very fragile, while he can take 2-3 more hit than me in inferno, its still pretty much instant death for followers since they do not dodge attacks like a player might.
I find it funny that Diablo 2 never had a use besides chat fun emoticons, useless for the gameplay for

/attack
/wait
/go
/stay
/follow
/run
/help
/take objective

etc, and Diablo 3 has such cool implementations like it did on 2, and no one uses them for giving orders to those damn mercenaries/followers.

Did you never had the idea, or do you think that´s too complicated? It´s even has hotkeys to the keyboard...

Yeah, It´s hardcore, not many would use it, and yeah, I won´t be able to use a follower in a multiplayer game, but you know what? Even so it woudn´t be a bad idea. Pressing a key to make your follower stop doing anything and pressing it again to make him wreck havoc... saound cool.

Maybe if it has a use, people would actually use those damn features since they hired animators and voice actors for them, why not pay the programmers, just a little bit more, and they could use with their followers and when using multiplayer, they would click as reflexes and it would be fun!

Or maybe, a mess of yells and taunts. Still fun, tho.
Edited by SkullMing#1812 on 6/8/2012 3:50 PM PDT
06/08/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Stanmangundy
It'd be awesome if they got more inherent defense from the players characters as well, they have less armor slots than in D2 which leaves them very fragile, while he can take 2-3 more hit than me in inferno, its still pretty much instant death for followers since they do not dodge attacks like a player might.

Agreed. I was just thinking that having more gear options for followers would be a bonus-- at least chest armor and pants.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]