Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

06/08/2012 02:06 PMPosted by ClownBaby
Hopefully this means summoned pets as well? I really hate when my ferrets run off and engage elite packs and goblins. Never ends well.

This is what a ferrets do, have you not seen Beast Master?

Liked Post!

Oh Beast master, how I loved thee.
Please also fix enchanter hexing my own hero. She sometimes casts hex and turn us (my hero & herself) into chickens
100 Goblin Warlock
06/08/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Osborn

The thing is Tyrael is a baws.

Also, Tanklar is not a tank, he dies in 2 hits. Tanks do not die in 2 hits. If they are ctc capped it takes 3-4 hits and that's without them using abilities.

additional to that, templar can barely pull argo....

And this is why i've recently changed to the Scoundrel as my Act 2 Inferno follower. At least he blinds and slows stuff every once in a while (sometimes at really useful times, though he keeps standing in molten and poison whenever he has the chance). The Templar kept charging at stuff and getting himself killed 3 seconds into the fight (He had like 70k HP).
As a tank barb- I gave my enchantress a cold dmg weapon and don't mind when she initiates on treasure goblins, or elite packs. I just jump on them for additional slow.

She can also kill squishy trash packs without me using her aoe now, which is entertaining (2k dps).

If only she wouldn't stand in ground aoes like 3/10 WoW raiders.

• I would like an aoe damage reduction for followers and pets similar to the WoW pet damage reduction. Or more intelligent survival A.I. would work too (just figure that would be more hassle to code).
  • it would be awesome

It would be awesome indeed if this was looked into but at the same time it would be "awesome" if alot of things were done namely overhauling warden since you seem to be fine with farmers already 3 weeks after the game launched and don't seem to care about mr 100 bot chinese farmers being able to access NA and EU and be able to start using their rmah next week.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/49402-diablo-iii-farmer-makes-60-million-gold-an-hour-and-tells-all/
    They are definitely from Golden Axe
    I loved--LOVED--Golden Axe on the Genesis. I played a butt ton of video games as my chubby early teen self, and probably none as much as Golden Axe. I'm ashamed to say my wife pointed this out to me during our first play session together. "Hey, it's one of those guys from Golden Axe." She didn't even game all that much, though she does have mad Mario skills.
    Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

classes have different dps? your very wroooong :)
    all classes are capable of having the same damage output, just each class does so in their own way ;)
    Oh, and a future patch should include the ability to kick the little buggers too.
    06/08/2012 01:56 PMPosted by BloodBrother
    Do the pet options from Hunters on WoW

lol.. u wanna turn D3 in WoW ain't you?
    NPC/pet stances

Aggressive-Runs off and attacks any enemy on the screen and even a little bit off player's screen. Will chase after enemies and hit them till they are dead.

Normal-Fights and engages enemies around the player. Will only chase after enemies for a short distance before returning.

Defensive-Will only start fighting if player starts fighting an enemy, on passive/follow if player doesn't fight. Will always fight around the pplayer, will also not chase any enemies away from player's zone.

Passive/Follow only-No fighting or any skill use, will only follow player around.

Followers and pets need to move if there's poison etc on the ground, they're dead in 2-4 seconds. Followers get up again standing in the same spot, only to be dead again in 2-4 seconds.
    06/08/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Testament
    it would be awesome

It would be awesome indeed if this was looked into but at the same time it would be "awesome" if alot of things were done namely overhauling warden since you seem to be fine with farmers already 3 weeks after the game launched and don't seem to care about mr 100 bot chinese farmers being able to access NA and EU and be able to start using their rmah next week.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/49402-diablo-iii-farmer-makes-60-million-gold-an-hour-and-tells-all/

Yes, I'm sure the guys who do NPC AI also work on Warden. ><
    Monk here,

Have been soloing for a while because of the follower/pet to Goblin fatal attraction.

looking forward to them being less attracty
    85 Worgen Hunter
    On my DH my bat companion has literally gone off screen to attack an idle treasure goblin and half the time when I'm fighting he is idling next to me just being a hate battery.....just a few mins ago actually he went and attacked a treasure gob that was out of range of even the templar really sucks when that happens.
    Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

Remove enrage timers while you're at it because that's another thing that discriminates against certain classes.

lol?
    All classes can dish damage. Pretty well if you gear for it.

What you meant to say is this:
    "I don't like it that other classes can gear all dps (glass cannon) while I gear survival. Let me loot too, without gearing all dps, glass-cannon style!"
    06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
    We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

Here's an idea how is can be done without really messing up the AI, just add a command(s) when right clicking them. An example would be: Idle non-aggressive skills allowed. (healing for example) Defensive; follower takes a further point ahead of the player and causes monster to pay more attention to the follower. Attack : Default behavior.
    Edited by ShadowFox#1423 on 6/8/2012 8:09 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]