Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

06/08/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Locknlöl
And this is why i've recently changed to the Scoundrel as my Act 2 Inferno follower. At least he blinds and slows stuff every once in a while (sometimes at really useful times, though he keeps standing in molten and poison whenever he has the chance). The Templar kept charging at stuff and getting himself killed 3 seconds into the fight (He had like 70k HP).

slows stuff every once in a while?

Give the scoundrel a cold damage bow with increased attack speed and increased attack speed rings and necklace. spec him for his triple shot.

He becomes a gatling gun of CC. Everything and it's mother will be slowed almost permanently.
Can we make them not so friendly?

There are times when I'd really love my beautiful Enchantress/Templar/Scoundrel to not play patty cake with my silly goblin/mana battery from Golden Axe.

PS This makes me batty.

PPS They're so from Golden Axe.

While they look more like the ones from Golden Axe they act way more like the goblins from Dungeon Siege II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjYGJ9hQYQY
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

Great!! Any chance they can stop standing in puddles of death, too? I don't mind if they get hit once in a while, but they just roll around in it and take a bath like it's going to heal them or something.
As a progression wizard, Ifind NO time for STUPID treasure goblins...REALLY ...I don't go after them after NM....nopoints. Nothing. I'd rather kill myself.
If I have 14k DPS MAYBE I'll take them don in hell mode. I have 6k in hell mode....rakanoth, down....I'm at izzy

This fight's gonna be nuts...

guardian for the win....
Followers in Inferno seem to be set by default to "self destruct;" they seem not to have an ounce of self preserving/defensive AI; they'll aggro and then die very quickly. It's almost as if they seem most attracted to the highest AOE an elite mob has to offer and are oblivious to the threats in their environment.
When in doubt, refer to Final Fantasy 12's gambit system. What's the worst that could happen!?
Followers and pets also "lock-on" to the first target that puts them into engage mode. So if that target is for some reason unreachable (e.g. behind a door), they get stuck there doing nothing, and will ignore all other targets in active combat with the player until the player run them away (i.e. run a significant distance away from the target).

This needs to be changed. They should always prioritize targets that are actively attacking the player. They should not initiate combat, or at least they should have a very small "engage radius".

The current behavior should not have even got through internal testing.
06/08/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Tiakatt
Any chance they can stop standing in puddles of death, too?

Actually, just give them 80% damage reduction on AOE/environment effects. Followers dying to environment effects is just stupid unless we are given control of where they position themselves.
Bad mechanic Bliz! Have Tyrael DPS nerf AFTER you die! Tho Inferno getting nerf so not going too far.
Edited by Braddox#1988 on 6/8/2012 10:30 PM PDT
91 Night Elf Druid
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

What is bizzare is that, with a game that took years and years in development, that nobody at Blizzard thought this should have been the way followers acted.
06/08/2012 06:10 PMPosted by KimiRoss
Do the pet options from Hunters on WoW

lol.. u wanna turn D3 in WoW ain't you?

Trolololol

People hatin on WoW for no reason. And over something that WoW didn't invent. People are clueless. No matter what you got against Blizzard you gotta remember that WoW has 10 mil subs.... 10 mil x 15 a month... I'd say they are still going strong...

See you gotta understand, if pokemon in wow drove you to quit... I don't understand why you're still here. If you don't like pokemon, you really aren't a true gamer. Pokemon was one of the founding games of RPG. All those stats you love and skill choices you complain about not having... but Pokemon has it... but you still diss that.

Oh and Pandas? Really? Cows and skinny brawds and space goats... but Panda is where it crosses the line. OH NO Pandas! WoW is catering to little kids!

L2Business people. Game companies thrive off customers. If one generation of gamers quits, they must be replaced. And why not replace them with impressionable kids, who can start young and grow into more $$$ for the company.

Again, that is just corporate shiet. Every company does it. Get over it. Sorry to bring this into a D3 convo, but people need to stop acting like they know what's best.

PS. Never been hacked
-play public games all day
-surf the web all day
-have AV but never do full scans
-have had the same email since the dawn of Email vs user name change in battle.net
-same password
-Have an Authenticator
Have you ever gotten the feeling that diablo 3 was created by a team smaller then 20 people?

Why did you make the code so linear and un-customizable on the offical development side.
100 Tauren Warrior
All I know is that the OP is awesome for remembering Golden Axe.
Actually theres a easy way for that, just let then be on passive mode and if you wanna move your pet or atack a monster control it with ALT + mouse button. Its works like a charm in the game "League of Legends", my folowers there never done something that i didnt want to.
Can we make them not so friendly?

There are times when I'd really love my beautiful Enchantress/Templar/Scoundrel to not play patty cake with my silly goblin/mana battery from Golden Axe.

PS This makes me batty.

PPS They're so from Golden Axe.

Golden Axe! !@!@ WTF, why you do this to me??? I haven't thought of this game in decades and now I feel like I NEED it, ughhhh. On another note, adding Pet commands and stances is SOOOOOO needed as well.
06/08/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Stark
I now have a terrible urge to play some Golden Axe.

it's not as good as you remember. smash TV is the best arcade game ever though.

But...
but.....
but.........

The will of a templar!
06/08/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Romulus
Followers in Inferno seem to be set by default to "self destruct;" they seem not to have an ounce of self preserving/defensive AI; they'll aggro and then die very quickly. It's almost as if they seem most attracted to the highest AOE an elite mob has to offer and are oblivious to the threats in their environment.

Indeed. It also bothers me that my follower / mystic ally always jumps into desecration or other AoE and gets destroyed in less than a second. If they are going to be that dumb shouldn't they at least get reduction from AoE dmg like pets in WoW?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]