Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

They should only engage mobs that you attack. period.

If you die, then they don't engage anything. (because you're not there)

I think this solves both problems.
Edited by Lightning#1116 on 6/9/2012 6:25 AM PDT
How about a single keyboard shortcut 'to me'.

When you click it the follower abandons their current action and runs to your side for 5 seconds.
Would be nice if Ferrets were passive and just followed you for their purpose, not trying to be brave little ferrets attracting unwanted attention.
Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

Remove enrage timers while you're at it because that's another thing that discriminates against certain classes.

Could you please stop sharing the collective mentality of the American general gaming public, and stop trying to dumb things down and make them easier. Every class is a DPS class. What is the point of a treasure goblin if It can't get away why don't they just put a chest there, it's because its meant to be a challenge. If you don't like how much dps you have perhaps sacrifice survivability so you can get the treasure goblins, l2p before suggesting changes to the game plz.
Summary of this thread. Everyone wants their loot easier to get.
90 Tauren Shaman
06/08/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Nicodemous
Now hold on a min... A tank should inicate and grab agro, and that is exactly what my tanklar does...

LOL....Tank, why do people think there are tanks and "Specs" in this game. If anything close its a meat shield and they are "Builds" there is no talent tree to decide what "spec" you want to be. Get it right brohops.
Please make that an elective feature, not something forced on every player. I have no problem with my pets and followers engaging in battle automatically.
Edited by Quenek#1797 on 6/9/2012 8:15 AM PDT
06/08/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Jmoney
If you don't like pokemon, you really aren't a true gamer. Pokemon was one of the founding games of RPG.

? really?
"founding" rpg...in 96 on a gameboy no less? O.O
my childhood was a lie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Warrior never happened?
"true gamers" started on PnP
Edited by Guzzlepuff#6518 on 6/9/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Can you make it so they don't jump into a portal if you're beating on them also? Some classes have less dps...

I'm a barb, fix your dps and when you hit them it interrupts the portal. The killing 100 goblin banner brought a smile to my face.

if you have really really bad dps, they still get away. Or if like...you are fighting a champ pack, with frozen, and you can't keep DPSing the TG cause you are frozen.

Eventually, they just leave, even if you hit them, they just leave.
People hatin on WoW for no reason. And over something that WoW didn't invent. People are clueless. No matter what you got against Blizzard you gotta remember that WoW has 10 mil subs.... 10 mil x 15 a month... I'd say they are still going strong...

Except that isn't how WoW works...at least 6 million of those subs are from Asia. And in asia, they don't pay 15 a month. They pay per hour played (they pay for X number of hours, and then can play those number of hours, regardless if it lasts them a week or year).

Also, since cata came out, WoW has lost over a million US/EU subs...sounds like a pretty big drop to me...

See you gotta understand, if pokemon in wow drove you to quit... I don't understand why you're still here. If you don't like pokemon, you really aren't a true gamer. Pokemon was one of the founding games of RPG. All those stats you love and skill choices you complain about not having... but Pokemon has it... but you still diss that.

Pokemon was one of the founding games of RPG....what!?!?!?!?!?! You completely fail as a gamer if you think that is true. Pokemon invented nothing. I repeat, nothing.

RPG's with skills/stats/choices have been out since the 60's
RPG's on computers with skills/stats/choices have been out since the late 70's...google "zork"
RPG's with graphics have been around since the 80s.
Google Monster hunter, monster rancher, or...I think it was called monster breeder or something like that, all virtually the exact same thing as pokemon, but came out 5-10 years before pokemon.

Oh and Pandas? Really? Cows and skinny brawds and space goats... but Panda is where it crosses the line. OH NO Pandas! WoW is catering to little kids!

Yup, cause skinny brawds are good looking, as are female space goats, and...well, ok, the cows not so much. But I like looking at attractive females, I'm a guy.

L2Business people. Game companies thrive off customers. If one generation of gamers quits, they must be replaced. And why not replace them with impressionable kids, who can start young and grow into more $$$ for the company.

Actually, average WoW subscriber throughout Wrath was in their late 20s to 30s. I don't know what it is now, but the idea of the 15-18 year old kid being the majority of gamers is very outdated. Last survey I saw, had 15-21 year old male's at the #4 spot. After 25-35 males, 55+ of both genders (they tend to play Wii games, or simulators to do things they can't do anymore physically), and 35-50 females (they like their sims).
06/09/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Qh0rne
Summary of this thread. Everyone wants their loot easier to get.

then you totally missed the point of this thread, it's the AI of the followers/pets need fixing, not the goblins.

06/09/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Steaknbacon
Now hold on a min... A tank should inicate and grab agro, and that is exactly what my tanklar does...

LOL....Tank, why do people think there are tanks and "Specs" in this game. If anything close its a meat shield and they are "Builds" there is no talent tree to decide what "spec" you want to be. Get it right brohops.

because templar was supposed to be a tank? may be i'm wrong but i don't see difference in meat shield and tank, they are both supposed to take damage for you.

06/09/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Quenek
Please make that an elective feature, not something forced on every player. I have no problem with my pets and followers engaging in battle automatically.

i don't think we are talking about a feature here, we are talking about the broken AI followers/pets have at the moment...

I like my follower attacking the treasure goblins. Sometimes there are just off my screen and if I didn't have the follower attack them and go see what they were attacking I probably might even miss seeing the little b*tard.

Please don't dumb down the followers.

making their AI better = dumb down? wtf?
What if we have a command bar for followers instead...?
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

AKA

"Our fans are like geniuses, followers actually following, instead of competing for leadership! We like!"

(┛ò__ó)┛ ~┻━┻

I like my follower attacking the treasure goblins. Sometimes there are just off my screen and if I didn't have the follower attack them and go see what they were attacking I probably might even miss seeing the little b*tard.

Please don't dumb down the followers.

(┛ò__ó)┛ ~┻━┻
Edited by Paradigm#1216 on 6/9/2012 5:45 PM PDT
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

You know what would be even better? Give us agression buttons for followers similar to the pet buttons in World of Warcraft.

Now that you guys made Tyreal absolutely worthless, he has been getting me stomped in Inferno because he thinks it's a good idea to pull packs before I'm ready for them.

Not complaining about the Tyreal nerf, but I would love some control over my followers. I don't use followers for exactly this reason, but Tyreal is forced on me.
Any pets/companions should have the same basic logic as a pet from wow that is something that you can change by left clicking the portrait where you can set them to whatever behavior you want. People on the blizzard message boards shouldn't have to explain this to blizzard since this exact thing exists in their other game. Why this wasn't in the game since release is beyond me. How many times can a company get this wrong in a row. I think they did the same thing with DK pets. Where someone would summon them during a break in the raid and wipe everyone cause they would go jumping off to aggro the next pack. I feel like I paid $60 for a beta.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]