Diablo® III

Followers and Treasure Goblins

(Locked)

06/08/2012 02:06 PMPosted by ClownBaby
Hopefully this means summoned pets as well? I really hate when my ferrets run off and engage elite packs and goblins. Never ends well.

This is what a ferrets do, have you not seen Beast Master?

Haha, yes! Was my favorite movie when I was a kid. And that is exactly what ferrets do.
yeah, i asked this during the AMAA

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uoooj/i_am_we_are_wyatt_cheng_andrew_chambers_and_jay/c4x7ojo?context=3
I think it would make more sense to change monster AI to attack closest target for when a friendly AI does attack the monster doesn't go straight for you...
100 Night Elf Hunter
While they look more like the ones from Golden Axe they act way more like the goblins from Dungeon Siege II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjYGJ9hQYQY

I think they look and sound like translucent versions of Dungeon Imps from the Dungeon Keeper series, meself. Want pointer to turn into a hand so I can slap them. :D
85 Troll Druid
If we could arrange to commenad stop attack on our fololower that would work also :)
Can you make this happen too for the Demon hunter pets? currently my gold rats are hitting everything nearby incluiding goblins wich is not so good :(
New drinking game; Everytime a blizzard employee says the word "Awesome" You take a shot
The problem is not just that they MAY attack the goblin, the npcs seem to prioritize goblins. I'm not even mad that's actually impressive....
How about adding 4 hotkeys so we can actually control our followers spells. That way I can heal when i need to... Not after im dead..
I couldn't believe there was no option to tweak companion AI.

My companions are usually the reason i wipe from an elite.

They're like Leeroy Jenkins, I'm planning an approach, next thing I know, bam!
I have more of an issue with AI when it comes to area effects... My templar will STAND in a poison cloud until he dies instead of walking a few steps out of it and continuing the attack.
06/08/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Cordoba
I now have a terrible urge to play some Golden Axe.
Off-topic I know, but someone remind me the name of the Sega Genesis game that was a co-op, top down, action RPG, very similar to Diablo... Anyone?

Gauntlet?
06/10/2012 10:48 PMPosted by JHat
I have more of an issue with AI when it comes to area effects... My templar will STAND in a poison cloud until he dies instead of walking a few steps out of it and continuing the attack.

Companions and npcs shouldnt even be subject to damage from ground/area effect damage would be the easiest way to fix this...since blizzard only takes short cuts to "fix" stuff I would imagine this would work.
You're thinking of Heroes, I believe.
06/08/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Cordoba
I now have a terrible urge to play some Golden Axe.
Off-topic I know, but someone remind me the name of the Sega Genesis game that was a co-op, top down, action RPG, very similar to Diablo... Anyone?

Gauntlet Legends?
Why fix them in the first place?

Followers are more vanity pets than helpers anyways. They do less than mediocre damage, so other than a couple of buffs here and there (which are weak sauce as well) the only reason to group with them is to feel less lonely when soloing.

Even with the best gear for them too, same thing :|
Edited by Paradox#1470 on 6/11/2012 6:03 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]