Diablo® III

Uh, League of Legends hacked.

87 Tauren Shaman
If you have a LoL account:

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/league-legends-account-security-alert

After thorough and urgent investigation with help from independent security experts, we have determined:

- Hackers gained access to certain personal player data contained in certain EU West and EU Nordic & East databases ; as a security precaution, we're emailing all players on these platforms

- The most critical data accessed included email address, encrypted account password, summoner name, date of birth, and – for a small number of players – first and last name and encrypted security question and answer

- Absolutely no payment or billing information of any kind was included in the breach

Even though we store passwords in encrypted form only, our security investigation determined that more than half of the passwords were simple enough to be at risk of easy cracking.

Also:

Authenticator
Reply Quote
this is relevant to diablo 3
Reply Quote
06/09/2012 10:40 AMPosted by jmido
this is relevant to diablo 3

I hope your not that dumb and your trolling. This info could easily be the same as their d3 password creating another wave of hacked threads.
Reply Quote
Is this EU only?
Reply Quote
Let's just pray to Arabic Jesus that our steam accounts are never compromised
Reply Quote
jmido...

Because people who play D3 are also the type of people who play LoL or DotA2?

Don't be dense.

A lot have played both. You're being dense.
Reply Quote
It's LoL EU, so perhaps posting on the EU forums would be better.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Oh wow, first LinkedIn, e-Harmony, and now this. The hackers have been busy little bees.

06/09/2012 10:45 AMPosted by nzhuv
Let's just pray to Arabic Jesus that our steam accounts are never compromised

Aramaic Jesus, actually. And Steam has already been compromised.
Reply Quote
You can't play a Blizzard game in 2012 without an authenticator unless you are a bubble boy or are absurdly careful with your online activities. Get one.
Reply Quote
jmido...

Because people who play D3 are also the type of people who play LoL or DotA2?

Don't be dense.

I know I don't play DotA 2 or LoL..... At the same time I play D3. Who am I kidding? My quick launch bar has DotA 2 on it right beside Diablo III.

My keybinds in Diablo 3 are the same as I did them in LoL. I use WASD and EF for my skills though in LoL. The QWER default just isn't sexy enough for me. Keeps me used to playing both games well. :)
Edited by Wolfdoggie#1211 on 6/9/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Shaman
Done and done.

06/09/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Ahlen
It's LoL EU, so perhaps posting on the EU forums would be better.

For US players, it's not a bad reminder to change your password if you haven't in a while. Just in case.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As long as the passwords are encrypted using strong bits, and that you didn't use !@#$ %^- passwords, it's not likely your account will be compromised, even if hackers got a hold of your data.

Usually indirect hacking occurs by them trying to brute force the email account associated with your account, which should also not matter if you used a strong password in the first place.

This assumes your computer is clean of keyloggers, malware, viruses, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]