Diablo® III

Female > Male DH

I think the female DH makes much more sense lore wise, and the voice acting is much better. I also think the gear looks a lot better. And come on....killing demons in high heels, who wouldn't go for that? Blizz was definitely right to have most of the DH promo material have a female. Much better character choice.
Reply Quote
damn bridgets
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I regret going male DH, the gear looks better imo, but the idle animation is horrendous.

Buff male DH appetite
Reply Quote
there should prob be a sex change item in game. it's not like that would be unheard of in an rpg
Reply Quote
Generally the argument is this:

Males who play female characters: Derp, who wun 2 look at men all day? (Terrible coverup, you're likely still in the closet.)

Males who play male characters: I is manly man! (Show off those chesticles!)

Females who play female characters: Would pink suit this item the best..? (They'd downgrade in stats just to have items match appearance.)

Females who play male characters: Creeps everywhere, they must -all- be interested in me just because I have boobs! Have to play male! (Truth be told, barely anyone cares you're a woman, grow up.)
Reply Quote

Males who play female characters: Derp, who wun 2 look at men all day? (Terrible coverup, you're likely still in the closet.)

Females who play female characters: Would pink suit this item the best..? (They'd downgrade in stats just to have items match appearance.)

Females who play male characters: Creeps everywhere, they must -all- be interested in me just because I have boobs! Have to play male! (Truth be told, barely anyone cares you're a woman, grow up.)

Unfortunately those are the stereotypes, and they're pretty much false. I, myself am male and play a female demon hunter for the mere reason that I enjoy the character design better.
Reply Quote
I play female DH because the character looks better than the male DH.

white hood, white boots, white chest, invis everything else, go blow up demons in style good sir.
Reply Quote
Blizzard lore revolves around emo females.

Think about it..
Reply Quote
Male has better VA... Character looks better too.
Reply Quote
Male DH just looks... emo. :) Female voice is also the bestest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/31/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Lascivar

by this logic every guy who has ever played a Metriod game is gay.
Reply Quote
Female DH reminds me of:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JOn4qp7SpVA/TFLbfPK6g3I/AAAAAAAACdo/-P1Hq4n-NW0/s1600/selene-underworld.jpg
Reply Quote
That purfect !@# on female DH :3
Reply Quote
In my mind, every archetype has a specific gender. Less physical classes are always female for me (like wizard and DH), while the upfront classes are always male (Barb, Monk). Hence, I chose a female DH, and I do not regret it. Choosing between a girly guy and an actually girl made it easy too.
Reply Quote
I liked the female, looks like buffy :D
Reply Quote

Too stereotyped... I'm a a female playing female DH.
I do not downgrade my items, tho I try to match everything but I go stats first.
I do dye my items but I dye them all black because I like my DH to look cool...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Merely for the record, because we've already stated the over sterotypical post.

But I'm female, and I play both Male and Female toons in every game I play. I usually am drawn to playing male toons - not because I'm worried about 'creeps' (I can handle those myself, thank you) but because I find their stories more belivable and they tend to annoy me less.

My DH is male, for no other reason then because thats what looked more interesting at the time. I'll probably do a female one, too. [shrug]

My WD is male, because the female looked... terrible.

My Monk is female because I couldn't stand the facial hair on the male. None of it has to do with matching, creeps, or otherwise.
Reply Quote
I'm a girl and I always play female characters. They're just prettier.
Reply Quote
How many folks named their DH "Selene?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]