Diablo® III

My Non-SS Inferno Build

I don't know about the rest of you demon hunters, but i am getting along just fine without it. I used Smoke Screen from normal to hell, before it was nerfed. It was just too op. I was able to be invisible for entire boss fights while i stood there and shot bolts into their faces. When the nerf happened, i didn't want to use the skill anymore. Trying out new builds, i found that Shadow Power : Gloom was extremely effective when played defensively. Paired with our passive Numbing Traps and some Caltrops (I use the damage rune but that's just personal preferance), you gain a whopping 90% damage reduction for 3 seconds. I would like to note that yes, i am in inferno, and this skill combination will allow me to survive multiple attacks. For example, i'm sure you DH's have all experienced death by vortex. When your damage reduced by 90%, you will in most cases be able to simply run out, leaving your enemies slowed behind you with your Caltrops. I use Nether Tentacles, so paired with the life steal of Shadow Power, you can get to full health again easy. And at a 3 second duration, It sure blows Smoke Screen's 1.5 seconds WITH rune out of the !@#$ing water. Try it out demon hunters, quit %^-*!ing about smoke screen.

My Build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRgVSY!YVT!acYccb
I am still debating on Entangling Shot or Evasive Fire, both are effective if used right.
And Spike Traps is my main source of damage against elite packs. 3 Traps at 275% weapon damage is amazing. If you can learn to kite enemies into them effectively, this skill is boss.

My Stats
This is my mf gear, so my stats could be better.
Also game is patching so i can't see my exact stats, but i'm pretty sure this is right.
32k hp
9k armor
22k dps w/ sharpshooter
145 magic find lol
like 50-100 for most of my resists
Reply Quote
Your name has the wrong form of "your"
Reply Quote
Huzzah! another inferno person not using SS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRYdVg!Ybe!YaZZbY

24k hp
2.7k armor
22k dps w/o SS
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue

24k hp
2.7k armor
22k dps w/o SS

How do you ever have Discipline? Ever.
Reply Quote

24k hp
2.7k armor
22k dps w/o SS

How do you ever have Discipline? Ever.

By not facerolling my skills constantly. I find myself depleted of hatred more than anything else. 1-4 on my action bar are support skills to my primary two skills. I have yet to find a situation where I am out of discipline 2x over (preparation) in a span of 45 seconds. If you are doing this then I can only imagine you are facerolling your character in the hopes it will just work out.
Reply Quote
You talk about about faceroll, I bet you bought your items on the AH.
Reply Quote
I only use SS for boss fights when I'm solo, other than that I usually use a set up like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYdkZ!aTY!ZaZbZZ
Although my set up changes slightly from time to time based on what I feel I need (sometimes multi-shot comes very, very handy).
If I'm going up against a boss I typically use:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVkZ!aTf!ZaYbZZ
I'm only level 52 right now, but my stats are about:

18k hp
4.7k dps w/o sharpshooter
(Can't recall my armor, sorry)
Reply Quote
9k armor
are you trolling?

anyway interesting post I will try it out ^^
Reply Quote
Uh, I really curious how far you can go into inferno with that build/gear. I'd also like to know what acts you are able to farm.

I'm not saying SS is NEEDED, but it certainly has made things simple for me. I never used SS until I got into inferno, I sort of favor vault.
Reply Quote
@ guys who still in Hell or NM : stop posting things that so lack of experiences....
Many and many people are suffering with Infernal and we know that SS is the key to survive...
=.=
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Mord

Nope. Sorry, I have never played WoW and actually had to look that term up yesterday, now I feel like I am using it properly as I don't seem to have problems with my build that keeps me alive. Difference being I seem to be one of the few that actually use some tactics on killing things other than kiting everything we come across. Most of the time you cannot outrun champions, which, as a ranged class shows you if you can really contend or not. I can keep myself far enough away from enemies in open areas to not have to worry about being hit by melee or projectiles. My support skills come in most use when I am in close quarters environments such as act 2 sewers. Since launch I have been treating these skills as my D2 potion belt, used sparingly and only when needed. Sorry if I learned how to play this game without relying on support skills.
Reply Quote
What is this health regen craze I keep seeing recently? You shouldn't even be getting hit, let alone regenning health. I completely abandon my defensive stats when I'm playing duo+ and I barely stack any when I'm solo (30k HP, 300 resists at most).

Using Vault-Tumble is actually superior to SS any way, since monsters still follow you while you're SS'd which is an absolute joke, yet Blizzard sure hasn't fixed that aspect it...but they're quick to nerf it...
Reply Quote
I'm going to presume you're in act 1 or maybe 2 inferno.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
None of you have made it to act 2 inferno solo
Reply Quote
22k dps w/ ss? I just started inferno and I have 50k dps w/ss. Think you need some better gear. Not sure how you are even able to kill anything in hell, let alone inferno.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:24 PMPosted by CrimsonKing
22k dps w/ ss? I just started inferno and I have 50k dps w/ss. Think you need some better gear. Not sure how you are even able to kill anything in hell, let alone inferno.

Agreed, I have 22k dps without SS, 22k WITH SS seems way underpowered.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Mord

You will never get through Inferno without AH. Stop acting like ur better than everyone.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVYS!TeY!YcZYZc

enjoy
Reply Quote
Why are you people listing your defensive stats? That alone implies you've never really seen anything except act 1 inferno. If you think defensive stats matter on inferno beyond act 1, you're going to have a bad time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/31/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Aravis
None of you have made it to act 2 inferno solo

I'm on Blood and Sand babygirl. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]