Diablo® III

My Non-SS Inferno Build

05/31/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Gibbedqt
Why are you people listing your defensive stats? That alone implies you've never really seen anything except act 1 inferno. If you think defensive stats matter on inferno beyond act 1, you're going to have a bad time.

this.

defensive strat for DH = smoke screen and burst mobs down asap. if you get hit 1 time, you die.

welcome to inferno
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:35 PMPosted by DeeJay
Why are you people listing your defensive stats? That alone implies you've never really seen anything except act 1 inferno. If you think defensive stats matter on inferno beyond act 1, you're going to have a bad time.

this.

defensive strat for DH = smoke screen and burst mobs down asap. if you get hit 1 time, you die.

welcome to inferno

The DH that did inferno Diablo in like 3 minutes had 14k hp fyi.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Dangles
You talk about about faceroll, I bet you bought your items on the AH.

You will never get through Inferno without AH. Stop acting like ur better than everyone.

In response to this, I should clarify my original statement. I use the auction house to sell items and I think I have bought one bow off it while level 50-something as an impulse buy. Within the next hour or two I found a marginally better bow drop off of a champion in hell. Sold the bow back on the auction house for something like 160k gold?

Using the auction house is much easier, and definitely faster. I browse most of the DH related sections at least 3 times a day to see what is going around. I like doing runs myself, and of that I have done a lot. Countess runs have conditioned me for hours of item runs.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Gibbedqt

exactly, thank you for confirming my point?

if you get hit, you die, vitality is useless for DH
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Yourfired
When your damage reduced by 90%

Gloom reduces damage you take by 65%.
Numbing traps reduces damage enemies deal by 25%.

That isn't the same as taking 90% less damage.
It is actually equivalent to 73.75% less damage.
The damage enemies deal is reduced by 25%, to 75%, and then that 75% is reduced by 65%, to 26.25%.

26.25% of 130k damage would still be pretty lethal.
Edited by D2MX#1163 on 5/31/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

That being said monsters with undodgeable abilities like Butcher are real annoying with blizzards amazing latency. Dat multihook;p

05/31/2012 12:41 PMPosted by D2MX
When your damage reduced by 90%

The damage enemies deal is reduced by 25%, to 75%, and then that 75% is reduced by 65%, to 26.25%.

Fat load of good that does to a 140k hit or whatever.
Edited by Gibbedqt#2674 on 5/31/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually never used SS for hiding :| I keep it for when jailed/frozen

Is there another skill that can break out of these conditions?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Gibbedqt

That being said monsters with undodgeable abilities like Butcher are real annoying with blizzards amazing latency. Dat multihook;p

Fat load of good that does to a 140k hit or whatever.

Thats what you get when you use a ranged class in melee combat?
Reply Quote
Dirk I'm reaffirming our point. Damage reduction of any kind is a waste of time.
Reply Quote
ooops.... yes indeed you are good sir, my apologies.
Reply Quote
I did get to Inferno Diablo Solo without using AH, however my dps seems a lot lower than most ppl on the forum (24k without Sharpshooter).

Edit* Meant to reply on #17
Edited by UncleLeo#1475 on 5/31/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've cleared Inferno. Trying to stack defensive stats is useless. If you want to stack defensive stats roll a Barbarian or Monk.

My gear isn't even that great. You just have to stutter step like a pro and make good choices. DPS w/o Sharpshooter is 35k
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:49 PMPosted by UncleLeo
I did get to Inferno Diablo Solo without using AH, however my dps seems a lot lower than most ppl on the forum (24k without Sharpshooter).

I think I'm currently sitting on 57k or 58k without sharpshooter. It would be higher but Blizzard still hasn't fixed my boots.
Reply Quote
My Stats
This is my mf gear, so my stats could be better.
Also game is patching so i can't see my exact stats, but i'm pretty sure this is right.
32k hp
9k armor
22k dps w/ sharpshooter
145 magic find lol
like 50-100 for most of my resists

9k armor?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRgVYj!YTe!ZcYbbY

3.6k armor
400+ All resist
28k hp
45k deeps w/o Sharpshooter

I solo farm the end of Act 2 Inferno just find without smokescreen.
I can pop caltrops (like 3 or 4 stacks of em) lure elite packs ect to em and spray em down with nether tentacles. When they get close I simply pop my gloom heal up/mitigate tons of damage.
Nothing really stays alive after that. And bosses for a demon hunter are just plain easy.
Anyone that thinks you need to build pure defense is a moron since you can build offense AND defense quite easily.
Without gloom I can still survive multiple hits in Act 2 Inferno as long as I'm using nether tentacles for lifesteal. Shielded Elite packs are the only thing that give me serious trouble(and invuln horde combo sometimes depending on the mob).
Haven't moved to act 3 quite yet still farming act 2.

(And OFC I bought most my gear off the AH, why the hell wouldn't you?)
Reply Quote
I've farmed public Jailer/Butcher with... Demonhunters that had less then 9k DPS with Sharpshooter... they had 30-40k HP.. But died more then my pure Glass Cannon at 10k HP... I'm confused. I'm Dex/IAS since I am a zon lover. Am I suppost to start going Mf by now? At what point do I wanna start farming ACt 3-4 ? I've been farming act 1 now for a week. If people have 36k without sharp shooter and Mf I think I'm at 40kish with my DEX/IAS build
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVYS!TeY!YcZYZc

enjoy

Do you find spike traps useful at all? I prefer bringing the bat since I have little gear-hatred regen, can keep spamming NT.
Reply Quote
You don't get 90% DR that's not how it works.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 01:07 PMPosted by xenxes
Do you find spike traps useful at all? I prefer bringing the bat since I have little gear-hatred regen, can keep spamming NT.

I find the traps very usefull actually. With a full Sharpshooter buff they are obviously going to auto-crit, and atm im critting for 140-150k with the traps. the caltrops have saved me so much also. I dont find like im hatred starved, i guess because i do use hungering arrow a lot

thats each trap hitting btw
Edited by DeeJay#1249 on 5/31/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]