Diablo® III

Describe Deaths You've Seen

Describe any death that you've had in HC or any you've seen from people in your party.

Today I saw a lvl 42 wizard in Act2 NM get killed by those heavy hitting elites that have the mighty axe blow that gets stuff on the ground. Wizards are squishy :(
Reply Quote
The first death I ever saw was a wizard who died to beliel level 27. Then that same player died again as a barb in one of the ruins of act 2.

He finally got a witch doctor to act 3 and we played this morning, after inspecting him I told him he should use spirit walk. He told me no thanks, much like he did when I told him to use leap on his barbarian or diamond skin on his wizard.

He's got guts, I wouldn't be playing without escape skills. Then again he's died 2x on me and I haven't died yet.
Reply Quote
WD joins the game, banners to my barb fighting a plagued freezing pack alongside a monk. WD lands on a pool of poison. Frozen. Frozen. Frozen. Dead. WD leaves the game.

I've also seen a lot of arcane sentry deaths. Nightmare ain't no joke.
Edited by MrMxyztplk#1486 on 5/31/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see a lot of people die to the goatmen/tree gauntlet after the Khazra Barricade on Normal. I like to think of it as the first real danger you come across in D3.
Reply Quote
Vigilantewsa (my friend/enemy) He had a level 47 monk, with a great set up. I was watching him play with a barb a wiz and a hunter and they were running through NM act 3 (real late in the act just past ballistae) He was set up for support and off DPS while the barb was obvious tank. They were running through and the barb started complaining about being tank and how the monk should tank (Granted the monk is giving the barb a !@#$ ton of bonuses and saving his %^- every damn flash mob of elites) well as he is typing another group of elites run up, the barb still continues to type while the party is swarmed, mostly the monk. He pop'd his dash skill to get away but the barb just sat there and watched as the monk got wiped, the wiz got wiped, and the DH left the game before he got attacked. The barb tp'd back to town and still complained, but not before he was bombarded with insults from the wiz and sighs from my friend the monk. He had some gear he bought on the AH for about 1 mil, just because he farmed for days in nm act 1. He aint doing hardcore any more to my knowledge, and he gets livid if I bring it up. Especially if he has been drinking. This game is crazy man, I already heard about 3 people who killed themselves in real life because their hardcore characters died in Inferno mode. People wanted a harder game, blizzard gave it to them. Blizzard has been really supportive to the families though, despite the family trying to sue them. I hope they lose, blizzard did nothing wrong!
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:47 PMPosted by SpecterWSA
This game is crazy man, I already heard about 3 people who killed themselves in real life because their hardcore characters died in Inferno mode.

Did they drop any good loot?
Reply Quote
I was a Wizard, and I was in the Fields of Misery (Act 1, Nightmare) with 2 Barbarians (one male, one female, just to add a little more flavor to the story). We were all low-to-mid 30s, I think. There was also someone in town, standing around with his pud in his hands, so the monsters were strong enough for a 4 person party.

The 3 of us in the field ran up against a rare pack of those crackhead frog monsters that jump everywhere. Two of their affixes were frozen and fire chain. Frozen scares me senseless, in all honesty, so whenever I see it I keep a keen eye out for the freeze bombs spawning everywhere and do my very best to stay away from them.

Apparently neither of the Barbarians noticed the frozen affix. They both got caught in the middle of the pack (and there were a bunch of regular monsters too, I just can't remember what they were now). Both Barbarians died.

They were both shocked and indignant, wondering why their potions hadn't worked. "You were frozen" I told them, sadly, lamenting their deaths and expressing my condolences. I felt bad for them, but as soon as I saw that they were frozen and stuck in the middle of that huge mob, I high-tailed it to the waypoint, which thankfully was very close by.

Very narrowly avoided death myself that time. Rest in peace, boy Barbarian and girl Barbarian.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Neurons
Did they drop any good loot?

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA +1

I didn't fully understand what had killed my WD until I saw someone else get killed by those exploding fallen that look just like treasure goblins. Nasty trick, love it.
Reply Quote
When I still had my DH, I was about to do Belial NM and a wizard offered some advice by saying "you really should use vault for belial, you wanna stay as safe as possible." Disregarding that (all of belial's blasts can be avoided easier by simply running without the aid of skills), we start the fight and the wizard doesn't move a muscle. Sure enough, he must have been disconnected, as he was killed about 15 seconds in without any sort of response.

This is terrible, but I didn't quite mourn his death like most. The beauty of D3 HC is, as long as you're alive, there's absolutely no reason for anyone to try and tell you how to play YOUR character.
Reply Quote
Guy joinsa public A4 Normal game, we immediately inform him that we had decided as a group to TP and sell/repair/prep for the next part of the dungeon. He says "KK np" and goes off exploring(?!), dies about 40 seconds after, quits without saying a word.

By far the strangest death I have seen in HC.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Vanquisher
This is terrible, but I didn't quite mourn his death like most. The beauty of D3 HC is, as long as you're alive, there's absolutely no reason for anyone to try and tell you how to play YOUR character.

Is a friendly piece of advice really so irritating to you that you didn't feel the least bit bad over his disconnect death? I'm sure he was just trying to help...
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Thrage
I see a lot of people die to the goatmen/tree gauntlet after the Khazra Barricade on Normal. I like to think of it as the first real danger you come across in D3.

Except it's not even a gauntlet lol. Just a lot of mobs on the way. You can stop or retreat at any time :P.
Reply Quote
I saw an absent-minded barb stand in a tree's puddle.

I saw a squishy hunter run to the front of a group of four players.

I saw a barb try to face-tank 10 mobs in Act 3 with a 2h.
Reply Quote
DH i was playing with, lvl 40 in act 2. As were going through the aqueducts, we come across a waller/arcane champion pack. After both of us nearly dying, he runs in to go loot. Unfortunately, he didnt see the arcane sentry against the wall (in fairness though, it was almost completely hidden from view), and when the beam came around, it was more than enough to drop him immediately.
Reply Quote
THE MOST HILARIOUS DEATHS, VOL. 1 UPDATED TODAY

http://imageshack.us/g/17/screenshot044y.jpg/
Edited by PhoKingFast#1417 on 5/31/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

WRONG. The stupidest killings by people who have a twisted sense of humor.
Reply Quote

So you brought a mob into the town where players spawn. Are you mental?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:47 PMPosted by SpecterWSA
This game is crazy man, I already heard about 3 people who killed themselves in real life because their hardcore characters died in Inferno mode.

That is Hardcore. Whenever my Softcore character dies, I give myself an uppercut and knock myself out, which seems fair.
Reply Quote
I was in a party of four and we were chatting about partyrocking with them lil goblins and the dumbass wizard was standing on a fire grate and was killed by a wall of fire. he was level 44
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]