Diablo® III

Describe Deaths You've Seen

Just saw DH take two steps into NM Act4 and get blown up ;)
Reply Quote
This is terrible, but I didn't quite mourn his death like most. The beauty of D3 HC is, as long as you're alive, there's absolutely no reason for anyone to try and tell you how to play YOUR character.

Is a friendly piece of advice really so irritating to you that you didn't feel the least bit bad over his disconnect death? I'm sure he was just trying to help...

depending on how they advice was delivered, I wouldn't mourn either.

"Have you considered X ability over Y?" Will cause some mourning when he dies. The advice was friendly, and didn't tell me to do something, simply asked a question.

"You need to be running X ability, Y is complete !@#$." Will induce giggles from me when I live and they don't. I don't care how "leet" you think you are, when you die and I've lived, I'll think you either wanted me to die, or thought you should tell me how to play a game. Mind you, I don't ever wish for someone's death in HC, and actively work not to let it happen to anyone without putting myself into too much jeopardy.
Edited by Jolly#1263 on 5/31/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Two words: treasure goblin
Reply Quote
First death I saw was a witch doctor at normal Belial. Dude was not stacking nearly enough vitality, he had around 770-780 total life. Not exaggerating at all. He got a little bad luck with the pools and got smeared for it.

Second one was about an hour ago in A3 NM... in a four man party, another witch doctor (what's up with witch doctors?) decided to go off and solo. Bit off more than he could chew, had to activate spirit vessel to win. Went back to town to wait for it to recharge, then returned... having learned nothing and went back to soloing. Died a few minutes later. No pity.
Edited by Eshi#1215 on 5/31/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- A level 18 Wizard decides to talk to the dude besides the old overturned ship in the desert. Just after he talks to the dude a level 18 demonhunter banners to him.. That very next moment, they explode in a fiery mess from a swarm of red looking suicide bombers. In just a few short moments i lost my entire team i was leveling with.

Having acquired a couple new team members for the rest of my act 2 journey, it was time to kill Belile. He offs both my partners. A Level 24 wizard and a level 23 demonhuner. The same bloody game! The same bloody 2 classes! :(

- level 25 wizard. exploding guys in act 2, Kuul's archives.
- level 26 monk. fiendish mimic, act 3 underground keep.
- level 10 WD. poison from trees, field of miswry
- level 10 wizard that thought he was a barbarian. Surrounded and turned to paste.

- I lost a level 51 barbarian friend in act 4 NM to being frozen, slowed and swarmed. I tried as much as i could to save him, even as a wiazrd but i failed.. almost died myself but i successfully gained control of the chaos and kited for victory.

- After my friends death, I gained a new ally. A level 51 monk. We finished the act, killed Diablo damn good.. (damn well? well damn? dammit all?) We slowly ventured into hell.. Got into the cathedral. Right after jumping into the dilapidated ruins and venturing through the first doorway, we spot 4 bats. Frozen, Firechains, and i think Fast. We knew we were in trouble.. We ran to the exit.. EXIT!!?! Nuuuuuuuuu Trapped.. at the top of the stairs. no escape! We are doomed.. we fought on, our lives depended on it! The monk flailed, his spirit broken, his body to dust. Somehow i miraculously got back past the bats and finished them off.

I have seen alot of death so far :(
Edited by Nnoodles#1437 on 6/1/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- A level 18 Wizard decides to talk to the dude besides the old overturned ship in the desert. Just after he talks to the dude a level 18 demonhunter banners to him.. That very next moment, they explode in a fiery mess from a swarm of red looking suicide bombers. In just a few short moments i lost my entire team i was leveling with.

Having acquired a couple new team members for the rest of my act 2 journey, it was time to kill Belile. He offs both my partners. A Level 24 wizard and a level 23 demonhuner. The same bloody game! The same bloody 2 classes! :(

- level 25 wizard. exploding guys in act 2, Kuul's archives.
- level 26 monk. fiendish mimic, act 3 underground keep.
- level 10 WD. poison from trees, field of miswry
- level 10 wizard that thought he was a barbarian. Surrounded and turned to paste.

- I lost a level 51 barbarian friend in act 4 NM to being frozen, slowed and swarmed. I tried as much as i could to save him, even as a wiazrd but i failed.. almost died myself but i successfully gained control of the chaos and kited for victory.

- After my friends death, I gained a new ally. A level 51 monk. We finished the act, killed Diablo damn good.. (damn well? well damn? dammit all?) We slowly ventured into hell.. Got into the cathedral. Right after jumping into the dilapidated ruins and venturing through the first doorway, we spot 4 bats. Frozen, Firechains, and i think Fast. We knew we were in trouble.. We ran to the exit.. EXIT!!?! Nuuuuuuuuu Trapped.. at the top of the stairs. no escape! We are doomed.. we fought on, our lives depended on it! The monk flailed, his spirit broken, his body to dust. Somehow i miraculously got back past the bats and finished them off.

I have seen alot of death so far :(

No offense -
Death follows you. I will remember your battle tag and exit the game as soon as I meet you LOLOL
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
49 monk tank thought he was tough when fighting NM Azmodan. We'd been breezing through content so he decided he didn't need to dodge Azmodan's meteor attack.

He died instantly. From full HP.

I feel like a really large portion of NM+ deaths are due to
A. Arrogance
B. Over-estimating your gear

Ever 3-4 levels you should really take a hard look at all of your pieces. Make sure you're not lvl40 and still wearing those lvl32 bracers that were really sweet when you found them, but are now 100 armor behind current level items.

And don't even attempt Hell without 100~ all-resist.
Edited by Ramminar#1293 on 6/1/2012 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
to those people who killed themselves in rl already had issues long before this game was made.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Thrage
I see a lot of people die to the goatmen/tree gauntlet after the Khazra Barricade on Normal. I like to think of it as the first real danger you come across in D3.

I was in a 4 person public game on a lvl 14 or 15 barbarian, and there was a Wizard there who had bouncing health. From half to full to half to full. I checked it out and turns out she had only a couple hundred HP. I warned her to slow down, but she didn't listen.

Right as we finished that gauntlet and came into the open plains 3 of us went north along the wall, and she ran south. We encountered a nasty pack of elites, the charging bull kind, and apparently so did she because moments later we were all backing our way through the gauntlet kiting and shooting.

The wizard for some reason decided to run the opposite direction, fire fire fire, run run, fire fire - 2 charges later and she was dead.

The three of us kited the remaining packs and managed to kill them all by the time we got to the bottom of the hill. It felt pretty epic for Act 1 Normal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
My deaths
52 monk taking a barbs flag into 2x freeze mobs
28 monk lag at the very end of act 3
other deaths
mage checking menu in battle
wd always standing in melee range
Reply Quote
last night act 1 hell:

so were running around in hell for the first time - 4 man group consisting of a barb lvl55, x2 demon hunters lvl55 each and a wizard lvl51

everything is jolly only ran into one champion pack and it was just frozen with a rubbish affix followed so we treated it like normal; hit and runs while avoiding the balls of would be death - no problems

next we hit the crypts and this is where all hell broke lose first mob we hit is arcane enchanted + fire chains... fun times 3 of us ran for the door ASAP me + the other DH + the wizard while we let the barb run in and kite them away from the door so we could pop back in - after re-entering the door we were welcomed by an arcane flurry of near death as they were setup right in front of the entrance thankfully our wizard friend didnt come in as he had just hit lvl51 and his HP was so god awful his only goal was to leech items and hide in the far back

after rebounding from the first hits we started bombarding everything in front of us like no tomorrow as we slowly advanced in the tight area the laser beam show started out of nowhere first a little bit in front of us then in the middle of the group so we haul !@# back to our fallback point - the entrance hoping for the worst to not come when out of nowhere our wizard uses teleport and flies into the fray and gets whacked silly by the ensuing carnage and is thus 2 hit maybe 3 hit and drops like the tiny pebble he is onto the ground his last words "i thought they were a demon hunter skill so i teleported in"

that will most likely by one of my funniest deaths seen unless someone i play with can manage to die in an even more epic way
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Thrage
I see a lot of people die to the goatmen/tree gauntlet after the Khazra Barricade on Normal. I like to think of it as the first real danger you come across in D3.

That's the first place where my barb wasn't able to just faceroll everything I saw, actually had to put a little thought into what I was doing.

Thus far my only char who died was a level 8 barb who died in the Jar of Souls when my cat jumped up on the keyboard and triggered leap on me. Landed right in the midst of at least 40 skeletons and couldn't get clear before they diced her.
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor joined my game, ported in, a minute later died to fanatics.

Demon Hunter died to Belial.

Another demon hunter went the way we didn't go, dragged a group of frozen firechains caster mobs to us, died and almost killed everyone else, but we got away and slowly killed them.

Demon hunter came out of diablo's shadow phase and couldn't move. Died of course. Not sure what happened (bug?)

Basically, I'm the bane of demon hunters, and wish more witch doctors would die (hate the sounds they make)
Reply Quote
A friend of mine was wanting to farm The Butcher on normal, so he joined a public game. He was grouped with a level 40 and ported to him.

Seconds later he found himself in the pony level, surrounded by mobs. The level 40 demon hunter smoked and my friend took aggro and died. It was obvious that the demon hunter was trolling. I hope people get banned for pulling stuff like this.

(fyi: Make sure you don't blindly port to random team mates.)
Reply Quote
Keep the posts coming. From these descriptions it helps people learn what not to do in order to survive in hardcore.
Reply Quote
my first hc death was lvl 7 wizard, i accidentally pressed tab (i think) so my screen went really dark, i was in the middle of a huge fight and for a moment I thought i had died and just when i realized I hadnt died yet i did die. It was embarrassing...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]