Diablo® III

Critical Hit Damage Increased

I just bought this 2h weapon 1006.5 dps

811-1308 damage
246-616 holy damage
99% crit hit damage increase

my gloves have 35% crit hit damage increase

how does the damage on a crit get worked out ? is it 134% more damage ?

also I crit for like 50k just before my damage is rated at 10800

how come Im hitting so hard ?
Reply Quote
Im using this build to beat Act 2 .

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRVkP!bZU!bZZccc

what I do is use zerker , furious charge .. the cool down on furious charge is lowered by about 6 secs for hitting 3 targets . Also I gain 15 rage for using it combined with warcry etc which keeps zerker up longer .

The stats from zerker overcome alot of gear issues , and the 50% crit bonus damage rune + 99% crit bonus from weapon + 38% from gloves .

Not sure what else adds crit but my crit is rated at 230% bonus damage .

I then stacked alot of str and vitality . I actually lowered my resists quite alot so Im a bit of a glass cannon when not buffed .

Damage is around 25k . When I crit I do around 86k damage.

edit : once I get a decent 2h axe or mace I will swap relentless for weapon master .

with zerker up I will then have 30% chance to crit .
with charge doing 195% weapon damage I should beable to land close to 150k hits .

Since tanking Act 2 is pretty futile unless you out gear the zone I feel that killing the mobs in as quick fashion as possible is the secret to farming this place .

Also remember ignore pain lasts 7 seconds so you want to dispatch of the mobs within that time which means you need more dps not more resists .

Str > Vit > Resist > +Armor > Physical Resist

Also the beauty is I can charge through a pack of creatures and I reset the CD to 0 and charge back through them again and again until they are dead without even taking a single hit .
Edited by Grailer#1417 on 6/1/2012 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One default bonus crit damage is +50% damage, so without any buffs, you will have around 5% crit chance and thatll do 150% weapon damage, but you can get either of those up.
Reply Quote
I basically just one shot a yellow named mobs lol . 1 hit kill and I didnt even get time to press zerker!

Im definately going to stack more % crit damage on my gear .

here is the formula for this build

%crit damage bonus > str > resist = vitality

edit:
for some reason it feels like zerker isnt lasting as long as it should when Im building alot of rage , maybe if rage is already maxed then it wont add time to zerker ?

Anyways farming is super fast . Within 10 mins had 5 stacks and full pack of loot.

edit: switched rune in zerker , the 100% damage increase is just too good to not use .

Crit for 285k from a furious charge .
Edited by Grailer#1417 on 6/1/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Made a few changes to build . The healing from charge was too handy because I had some situations where I needed to heal and revenge to work you need to get which is a bit silly when ignore pain is on CD and you are at 10% life :)

Therefore thats where charge can work for me as heal .

Also changed zerker to insanity rune . The difference is huge , Basically killed elite mob within 10 seconds flat . 30% chance to crit with bonus to crit gear and hitting faster 100% extra damage basically does such insane damage it puts wizard to shame.

Using this build to Farm ACT 1 at the moment , the its just such good money since its so fast . At least until ACT 3 where there is a nice farm route .,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRVkP!bVZ!acZccZ
Edited by Grailer#1417 on 6/1/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
How low are your resists at?
Reply Quote
I feel crit based builds are highly underrated. I've built % crit damage and use the appropriate passives to have unbuffed stats of 18k dps with 28.5% crit chance (5 is base 3 from scoundrel and 15 from weapon master + ruthless I have one item with 5.5%) I also have +249% crit damage - which is huge!

At the start of any battle I hit 3 skills war cry battle rage (3%crit 30% damage) and overpower (10 % crit) my dps jumps to 31k. revenge with 10% Crit procs I'm at 35k dps. Drop WOTB with Double damage 10% more crit and attack speed I'm at over 70k dps for 15 seconds - plenty of time to lay elites to waste. With everything up I have 61.5% crit chance with Crits doing +249 % damage - I use frenzy and dual wield so I'm getting 2-4 Crits a second. You can use overpower every 5 seconds instead of 15 and the buff will hardly ever run out

Say what you will about barbs being sword and board only in inferno - Im gonna tryy hardest to prove that wrong with 70k dps on elite mobs :)
Edited by Overlord#1644 on 6/1/2012 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
On a second note people will question how geared I am to get these stats- I have been lucky with drops - I have a lvl 58 legendary ring I'm using that works marvelous and with the AH and some good drops I've spent under 1,000,000 on my barb - 30k hp 400 resist all with war cry- I'm going to try and test the theory that with 1/2 the resist and more than double the damage that other inferno act2 bars are posting I can make headway, by simple logic of I need less EHP because I kill them more than twice as fast.

I know the Main flaw with this is when I'm being kited, and mobs are hitting me while I'm chasing them around, but noone said it would be easy :)
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Zyxemolock
How low are your resists at?

my resists are now at 700-750 buffed .
Reply Quote
I feel crit based builds are highly underrated. I've built % crit damage and use the appropriate passives to have unbuffed stats of 18k dps with 28.5% crit chance (5 is base 3 from scoundrel and 15 from weapon master + ruthless I have one item with 5.5%) I also have +249% crit damage - which is huge!

At the start of any battle I hit 3 skills war cry battle rage (3%crit 30% damage) and overpower (10 % crit) my dps jumps to 31k. revenge with 10% Crit procs I'm at 35k dps. Drop WOTB with Double damage 10% more crit and attack speed I'm at over 70k dps for 15 seconds - plenty of time to lay elites to waste. With everything up I have 61.5% crit chance with Crits doing +249 % damage - I use frenzy and dual wield so I'm getting 2-4 Crits a second. You can use overpower every 5 seconds instead of 15 and the buff will hardly ever run out

I used to use BatteCry alot Im assuming you dont have furious charge and use BC instead.

Im actually missing not having Leap , but I just need to get out of the tankability style of play which is wasting my time ( takes me forever to kill stuff with tank style play )

vs pop WOTB / ignore pain and drop elites in seconds.

Shielding mobs give me alot of trouble with this style .

The MAIN reason I wont get rid of furious charge is because . Basically I can charge through some mobs and they all die instantly . I never had to get hit once . Which means my Ignore pain is still there ready to use if I missed 1 and have to melee it .
Edited by Grailer#1417 on 6/1/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice findings Grailer and good of you to share.

More people should experiment and try to optimize their builds instead of whining.

And I agree that your second build is better. You might want to consider swapping out WotB for Sprint: Run Like the Wind. It works well with FC which you like so much.

Also to anyone else reading this post, give the build a try. It's a lot more fun than going through the frustrating experience of sitting there trying to tank damage and taking an eternity to kill something. Gear is still important though - read the OP's notes.
Edited by Nara#1226 on 6/1/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WotB I need to use for elites . basically a must have for this build to work well.

It gives +10% crit and atk speed and 100% more damage . Since I cant really tank elite without ignore pain I really have to do massive damage in that short window of time .

If they dont die within 15 seconds then have to kite which is a waste of time .

Bit of luck involved with crit based builds , if you dont crit enough you lose alot of dps which could cost you a win .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]