Diablo® III

Warning: Do not craft weapons

The mods crafted weapons get tend to be good, but they never seem to roll + damage, damage%, or +elemental damage so they end up having real low dps :/ very very sad getting stuff like 25% attack speed daggers with 400 dps on them heh
Reply Quote
I just bought Exalted Grand Strike Wand Plans, and tried it today.. pretty much just lost a bunch of money. I'm gonna stick with the gamble, and maybe make one or two here and there, maybe I'll get lucky, maybe I won't. Hopefully the next patch fixes things.
Reply Quote
sticky this.
Reply Quote
I wish all of you had seen my posts from days ago warning not to craft these!!!
I knew better looking at their base damage, I regretted making the 5 2h maces that I did....but I had hope...

Alas, a bag full of 700 dps pieces of crap.
Reply Quote
its simple logic really. for a weapon to be a success it must get 2 specific stats, +% damage and +a type of damage

to have an armor slot be a success it can have 2 of ANY of the stats and at least make its money back on avg. i have yet to trip my investments into armor

but you cant make 5 weps and call it a failure. make 20 weps then come talk to us. BS is not for the poor
Reply Quote
bump, everyone request sticky
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 11:01 AMPosted by teprac
bump, everyone request sticky

Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TL:DR version

Blizzard please make it easier for me to cheaply craft a very good weapon so i can then complain about how the AH is full of very good weapons i cant sell because nobody had to spend any money making and everyone has one.

Why do i even go farm elite packs when i can just craft cheap weapons that are just as good?

cry cry cry

PS cry
Reply Quote

Blizzard please make it easier for me to cheaply craft a very good weapon so i can then complain about how the AH is full of very good weapons i cant sell because nobody had to spend any money making and everyone has one.

Why do i even go farm elite packs when i can just craft cheap weapons that are just as good?

cry cry cry

PS cry

You missed the point entirely. Crafting isn't lucrative in any way for the simple fact that for 1/10th the cost you can buy a superior weapon on the AH. I don't see how that's hard to understand.
Edited by F8L#1726 on 6/2/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

cry cry cry

PS cry

You missed the point entirely. Crafting isn't lucrative in any way for the simple fact that for 1/10th the cost you can buy a superior weapon on the AH. I don't see how that's hard to understand.

What you don't understand is you're begging for the game to be so easy you can just craft the best !@#$ possible without any risk at all, completely removing the need to actually play the game.

Getting good %^-* isnt supposed to be easy. This is Diablo. Theres another Blizzard game you can play if you want to be put on a leash and spoon fed.

cry cry cry
Reply Quote
What you don't understand is you're begging for the game to be so easy you can just craft the best !@#$ possible without any risk at all, completely removing the need to actually play the game.

Getting good %^-* isnt supposed to be easy. This is Diablo. Theres another Blizzard game you can play if you want to be put on a leash and spoon fed.

cry cry cry

I hardly want the best items without any risk. It's just impossible to craft weapons that are good enough right now. You'd have to spend tens of millions of gold in order to craft a 1 mil weapon. But I'm done arguing with you because you can't comprehend what I'm talking about. This post was made as a warning to not craft weapons right now because it's a broken system, which they've already stated they're fixing in the future.

You're arguing for something that is changing in the near future. Silly.
Edited by F8L#1726 on 6/2/2012 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

cry cry cry

I hardly want the best items without any risk. It's just impossible to craft weapons that are good enough right now. You'd have to spend tens of millions of gold in order to craft a 1 mil weapon. But I'm done arguing with you because you can't comprehend what I'm talking about. This post was made as a warning to not craft weapons right now because it's a broken system, which they've already stated they're fixing in the future.

You're arguing for something that is changing in the near future. Silly.

Im arguing for something?

Last i remember i just summarized your thread.
Reply Quote
Can someone please tell me....what is the point of using AH? Sure you can buy all those expoited items and be pretty looking, but what happens after that? Why would you continue playing, if not for the thrill of finding(crafting) items. If I could find a BS plan which gives me 600+ damage I would be happy because it might give me a chance to progress just a bit further into inferno.
I just dont get it.

BS is fine as it is.
Reply Quote

cry cry cry

PS cry

It's not that. I normally don't craft. I've always farmed, will continue to farm etc. I bought the best wand plan in the game, just cause I was bored, and you would assume that after dropping millions into it I would at least see something respectable come out. Nope, nothing even respectable. When you can get a better wand farming Act 1 Inferno, then you can craft with a plan you get from Act IV Inferno theres something wrong. Am I asking for a perfect wand everytime? No, not even close to that. I'm asking the risk reward ratio become a little less retarded. If you don't think the risk reward ratio for weapons in crafting is off, you obviously don't know anything, so please refrain from spewing your bull!@#$ all over the thread.
Reply Quote
bump!
Reply Quote
I see a lot of people trying to buy the Exalted Grand Doomcaster pattern lately. That is the pattern I am referring to in this post.
Reply Quote
It took me 2000Gold to traid the blacksmith .What exactly do I get from it ? It looks like it ended up nothing to me .
Reply Quote
Do not craft legendary weapons. I paid over 3mil for the Ruinstoke Wand recipe, and not even counting mats (I've only ever gotten 4 fiery brimstone in my >200 hours played) essences/tears/260k combine. I ended up with a 290dps piece of crap that cost me around 4mil to make. Don't do it, don't waste your time, money and resources till they address them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]