Diablo® III

Buff Demon Hunter

With the smoke screen nerf the class now has no survivability, im getting 2-3 shot at the end of act 2 with 550 all resist, 4.5k armor and 35k hp and there is nothing to stop it besides the second of smoke screen. So when i run out of disc which happens all the time becuase the skills cost to much i have no options other then to run around and hope i dodge something becuase the enemies are so fast they catch up to me anyway.

increase smoke screen duration to 2 seconds at least

or make it cost half the disc it does now

or make shadow power absorb all damage for 3 seconds with gloom

or reduce the cooldown on preperation to 30 seconds instead of 45

do something, every other class has multiple tools of survival, dh has one and its crap now.
Reply Quote
I agree on increase smoke screen duration to 2 seconds, because there's a 0.5 sec CD time that gets me killed...
Reply Quote
With the smoke screen nerf the class now has no survivability, im getting 2-3 shot at the end of act 2 with 550 all resist, 4.5k armor and 35k hp and there is nothing to stop it besides the second of smoke screen. So when i run out of disc which happens all the time becuase the skills cost to much i have no options other then to run around and hope i dodge something becuase the enemies are so fast they catch up to me anyway.

do something, every other class has multiple tools of survival, dh has one and its crap now.

Yeah the nerf sucks, and it needs to be adjusted I agree. For now try this spec http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRQYXV!TbY!YcbbZc

With suppression fire on Multi you can get the Disc needed to cast all the caltrops you need and have left over for prep. Try to get 1H CBows that add Disc, get as much as you can (60 total iirc, 10 on each weap and 10 on chest), then you shouldn't have a such a hard time.
Reply Quote
Look TBH i dont think DH's need to be buffed at all! Barbs need to be buffed more then ANYONE! just because one skill got nerfed doesnt mean the whole class needs buff.
Reply Quote
barbs are fine, its just some of them are whining they need buffed when they really need better gear
Reply Quote
DH asking for buffs? oh wow
Monks have less survivability than Demon hunters and we actually need to be in melee range to do any dmg. Stop whining bro, you are playing one of the best classes in game
Reply Quote
Dh doesn't need buffs.

Inferno just needs to be re-balanced damage wise so Barbs / Monks can actually tank enemy hits, and DH's can take 3 hits before dying instead of 1.
Reply Quote

hah.
Reply Quote
Inferno needs some balancing overall with either incoming damage or loot drops.

As of now, even farming Act 1 inferno for weeks on end, you probably won't get the gear necessary to not get one-shot in Act 2.

Problem is, Barbarians and Monks are also getting 1 and 2 shot in Act 2 inferno and they have to be in melee range to do FAR less damage. I haven't heard of many or any Monks hitting 50k DPS. They're supposed to have great survival skills to make up for lost DPS but they don't.

A few things need readjustment and maybe its just the loot and the one shot mechanics.
Reply Quote
oh wow
Monks have less survivability than Demon hunters

oh wow
Monks = 4 seconds of immunity
Demon Hunters = 1.5 seconds
Reply Quote
oh wow
Monks have less survivability than Demon hunters

oh wow
Monks = 4 seconds of immunity
Demon Hunters = 1.5 seconds

one of those can be spammed for a short period.

Serenity = 4 seconds of immunity, 20 second CD.
In those 20 seconds, the DH can SS like 6 times. 6 x 1.5 = 9

Stupid kids.
Reply Quote
your not supposed to tank the mobs lol.

your supposed to NOT get hit.

I get 2 shot by most mobs in act 2, 1 shot by some. I farm act 2 EASILY on my DH with this build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXYVR!YTe!YcZZcc

I get 1 shot by ANYTHING in act 3, a stray arrow, a piddly fallen that was ressurected behind me, ANYTHING and I can still farm it well enough. I prefer farming act 2 because I NEVER die, but I can farm act 3 if I wanted to.

DH does NOT need a buff, or nerf.... Barbs and monks need attention.

Here I made a meme for you : http://qkme.me/3pjk1j
Reply Quote
where is that 1.5 seconds coming from? As far as I know you can use SS multiple times, + you can kill enemies off screen + you actually have aoe slow which you can use without hugging enemy.
Reply Quote

Stupid kids.

DH dicipline pool = ~40 depending on gear. (default 30, lets say u get 10+ max dicipline from gears)

cost of SS = 14 dicipline.
14dicipline x3= 42, ( 2 will regen in time) you can get 3 SS with full dicipline pool

1.5sec x 3 SS = 4.5

nowhere close to 9 seconds.

oh and did u also know that SS has 3 second cd?
so we get 1.5 seconds of invulnerability, 1.5 seconds of 1 hit death chance and repeat.

the only way we get more consecutive SS is if we use prep and thats on 45 second cd.

learn yo !@#$ first before u call others 'stupid kids' mutha %^-*a
Reply Quote

Stupid kids.

DH dicipline pool = ~40 depending on gear. (default 30, lets say u get 10+ max dicipline from gears)

cost of SS = 14 dicipline.
14dicipline x3= 42, ( 2 will regen in time) you can get 3 SS with full dicipline pool

1.5sec x 3 SS = 4.5

nowhere close to 9 seconds.

oh and did u also know that SS has 3 second cd?
so we get 1.5 seconds of invulnerability, 1.5 seconds of 1 hit death chance and repeat.

the only way we get more consecutive SS is if we use prep and thats on 45 second cd.

learn yo !@#$ first before u call others 'stupid kids' mutha %^-*a

Why so mad bro? Other classes get one shotted too, you aren't only one. Only difference is you got decent survival abilities and can deal huge damage far away. Just tell me what melee classes have over ranged if you know so much about this game brah?
Reply Quote
Wish people would stop !@#$%ing about bs buffs DH need (Yes my main is a DH im lvl 60 inferno). Only thing that needs to be fixed is SS to its correct time that it should be and to make it so we can spam it instead of waiting that .5 secs which I wouldn't be able to count how many times it got me killed otherwise DHs are perfect as they are.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Ziibii
Why so mad bro? Other classes get one shotted too, you aren't only one. Only difference is you got decent survival abilities and can deal huge damage far away. Just tell me what melee classes have over ranged if you know so much about this game brah?

Yea 'brah' im so mad 'brah' cause everyone replies why you so mad 'brah'

mebe u should check out this stream when he goes on act2 before u claim other classes get 1 shotted too 'brah' lol

http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor
makes me want to make a barb
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Ziibii
Why so mad bro?

(ziibii)
Im srry I had to comment on this please do not say You mad bro? When you suck !@#$ing %^- at math and got called out.
Reply Quote
your not supposed to tank the mobs lol.

your supposed to NOT get hit.

I get 2 shot by most mobs in act 2, 1 shot by some. I farm act 2 EASILY on my DH with this build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXYVR!YTe!YcZZcc

I get 1 shot by ANYTHING in act 3, a stray arrow, a piddly fallen that was ressurected behind me, ANYTHING and I can still farm it well enough. I prefer farming act 2 because I NEVER die, but I can farm act 3 if I wanted to.

DH does NOT need a buff, or nerf.... Barbs and monks need attention.

Here I made a meme for you : http://qkme.me/3pjk1j

You're actually supposed to get hit. They made the hit registration in a way that is incredibly difficult to avoid in a lot of cases... They confirmed this wasn't a bug but by design. They think you are supposed to get hit... People just succeed by circumventing that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]