Diablo® III

Buff Demon Hunter

its impossible to not get hit so lets not even go there and since i try to stack my resistance gear and armor i dont have very much dps, its sitting around 22k. I play a monk so dont tell me they have less survivability then dh thats a joke. monks take 30 percent less damage, you have serenity, you have passives that majorly increase your armor, you have mantra of evasion, you have multiple ways to heal yourself.

dh has one heal and thats a rune put onto preparation that heals you for 60 percent hp, then we have a few useless heals included in runes with some of our attacks.
Reply Quote
use vault tumbler i dont use smoke screen anymore its useless using almost all of your discipline for one escape sometimes you dont even have enough time to get away......... skill is soooo wack now
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Diablolll
use vault tumbler i dont use smoke screen anymore its useless using almost all of your discipline for one escape sometimes you dont even have enough time to get away......... skill is soooo wack now

Try SS with the -2 disc cost rune. Put on the Tactical Advantage passive and it's usefulness for escaping aggro, CC's, and incoming hits is UNPARALLELED.

You just need more practice using it for the broken skill that it is. If you've ever played DotA, there's an item called Manta Style that lets you spawn 3 illusions, dispell debuffs, and be invulnerable for 0.1 seconds. I can time that item ability to dodge big damage in teamfights.

Because of being used to such mechanics, being granted a 1 second invuln spell with CC dispel is still the most broken, overpowered skill available to the DH at her disposal. Use it well because it's still badass in the hands of a smart player.
Reply Quote
Before we get into the debate about who needs to be buffed, you people need to realize that Inferno is not a good place to decide what to balance for this game.

Inferno was put in place to put you in your place for being arrogant "hell is too easy luls" types.

If you can't handle inferno then you can't.

Demon hunters have the ability to create space between them and the enemies and have ranged attacks. Play your glass cannon like a glass cannon.

Barbarians do not have inherent dodge, and their primary survival skill (revenge) requires RNG to be on your side while still taking hits.

Barbarians rely on RNG to be successful (excluding gear obviously) to be successful in Inferno, and Demon hunters can rely on actual skill to increase their success rate.
Reply Quote
Before we get into the debate about who needs to be buffed, you people need to realize that Inferno is not a good place to decide what to balance for this game.

Inferno was put in place to put you in your place for being arrogant "hell is too easy luls" types.

If you can't handle inferno then you can't.

Demon hunters have the ability to create space between them and the enemies and have ranged attacks. Play your glass cannon like a glass cannon.

Barbarians do not have inherent dodge, and their primary survival skill (revenge) requires RNG to be on your side while still taking hits.

Barbarians rely on RNG to be successful (excluding gear obviously) to be successful in Inferno, and Demon hunters can rely on actual skill to increase their success rate.

You're the only person speaking any sense in this thread.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunters are the last class that needs a buff. I can solo everywhere pretty effectively on my DH with only mediocre gear. No other class in the game comes close to that. Learn to kite better.
Reply Quote
Serenity = 4 seconds of immunity, 20 second CD.
In those 20 seconds, the DH can SS like 6 times. 6 x 1.5 = 9

Stupid kids.

DH dicipline pool = ~40 depending on gear. (default 30, lets say u get 10+ max dicipline from gears)

cost of SS = 14 dicipline.
14dicipline x3= 42, ( 2 will regen in time) you can get 3 SS with full dicipline pool

1.5sec x 3 SS = 4.5

nowhere close to 9 seconds.

oh and did u also know that SS has 3 second cd?
so we get 1.5 seconds of invulnerability, 1.5 seconds of 1 hit death chance and repeat.

the only way we get more consecutive SS is if we use prep and thats on 45 second cd.

learn yo !@#$ first before u call others 'stupid kids' mutha %^-*a

lol every DH worth his salt plays prep and smoke screen. I didn't say it was CONSECUTIVE immunity. Are you stupid?
Reply Quote
Is this a !@#$ing joke?

Try playing a melee. Then come rethink this thread.

I rerolled a DH and love how easy it is compared to melee. You need much less gear to get the job done.

Get hit less and you won't die :O
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Cybralisk
its impossible to not get hit so lets not even go there

^clueless

DH have ridiculous defensive skills and have no excuse for getting hit by anything. When you do, you deserve to die.

Have fun building a tanky DH though. I'm sure if you really gear up you'll be able to take ~4 hits before you die, and not kill anything, ever.
Edited by Anima#1725 on 6/3/2012 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

DH dicipline pool = ~40 depending on gear. (default 30, lets say u get 10+ max dicipline from gears)

cost of SS = 14 dicipline.
14dicipline x3= 42, ( 2 will regen in time) you can get 3 SS with full dicipline pool

1.5sec x 3 SS = 4.5

nowhere close to 9 seconds.

oh and did u also know that SS has 3 second cd?
so we get 1.5 seconds of invulnerability, 1.5 seconds of 1 hit death chance and repeat.

the only way we get more consecutive SS is if we use prep and thats on 45 second cd.

learn yo !@#$ first before u call others 'stupid kids' mutha %^-*a

Why so mad bro? Other classes get one shotted too, you aren't only one. Only difference is you got decent survival abilities and can deal huge damage far away. Just tell me what melee classes have over ranged if you know so much about this game brah?

Uh... I have a 60 barb in act 3. You live FAR longer than DH unless you're undergeared. Far from getting 1 shot.

DH does mad DPS but you die in 1-2 hits to everything and rely more on corpse running more than any other class probably. Frustrating to play sometimes.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 6/3/2012 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, please buff demon hunters so we can own !@#$ more than we already do.
Reply Quote

Why so mad bro? Other classes get one shotted too, you aren't only one. Only difference is you got decent survival abilities and can deal huge damage far away. Just tell me what melee classes have over ranged if you know so much about this game brah?

Uh... I have a 60 barb in act 3. You live FAR longer than DH unless you're undergeared. Far from getting 1 shot.

DH does mad DPS but you die in 1-2 hits to everything and rely more on corpse running more than any other class probably. Frustrating to play sometimes.

Yes, you die in 1/2 hits
But theres no excuse to get hit, pretty much ever. Barbs don't have something that causes them to be immune to/break everything for 1.5 seconds.

DH dependent on corpse runs LOLOLOLOL
Reply Quote

Yes, you die in 1/2 hits
But theres no excuse to get hit, pretty much ever. Barbs don't have something that causes them to be immune to/break everything for 1.5 seconds.

Do you have a DH? Your last sentence makes it pretty obvious actually.

Once you run out of disc and prep you are dead.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 6/3/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Yes, you die in 1/2 hits

.....thats like six smoke screens. What do you do, stand still and try to melt everything? L2P.
Reply Quote

.....thats like six smoke screens. What do you do, stand still and try to melt everything? L2P.

Cause smoke screen is the only thing that costs disc.

Since you don't even have a DH, why are you here?

I think it's pretty dumb to ask for DH buffs but come on now.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 6/3/2012 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Dmillz
Demon Hunters are the last class that needs a buff. I can solo everywhere pretty effectively on my DH with only mediocre gear. No other class in the game comes close to that. Learn to kite better.

Show us your gears and kill build then.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Dmillz

sorry, I mean skill* build
Reply Quote
What about when I go around the corner and I get 1 shot by pretty much anything before the mob even becomes visible, that's cool right? Playing a demon hunter gets you all twitchy with that smoke screen key.

Really, I sympathized with barbs after reading the forums until I watched my brother's barbarian solo Belial on Inferno while completely ignoring all his mechanics. He didn't even bother to dodge. My sympathy pretty much evaporated after that.

My DH will always be practically made of glass, no matter how much gear I ever obtain. People are just raging because we can get by with less gear than a melee, but that has been the case with ranged in pretty much any rpg ever.
Edited by Bludvein#1217 on 6/3/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DH's doesnt need buff, are you stupid or something?
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Bludvein
Really, I sympathized with barbs after reading the forums until I watched my brother's barbarian solo Belial on Inferno while completely ignoring all his mechanics. He didn't even bother to dodge. My sympathy pretty much evaporated after that.

Well Belial is easier with melee since there's not much room to kite. But once you get to phase 3 as a DH you already won anyways, since nether tentacles kills him in 5 seconds..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]